11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I need advice please. I have to return the n7 like everyone. I have a trip in 2 weeks and I'm not taking the risk of keeping the n7 on the plane. I'm not a fan of lg and it still not available. Tmobile will not sell the nexus. And I don't wanna get an old one like s7 or note 5. The only option is the iPhone 7 although I am not an apple fan. And i still have to wait couple of weeks to get it from tmobile... What should I do???
    Get a $25 flip phone that works with your carrier... return it when you come back. Best buy told me to do that at their store
    10-13-2016 02:11 PM
    I need advice please. I have to return the n7 like everyone. I have a trip in 2 weeks and I'm not taking the risk of keeping the n7 on the plane. I'm not a fan of lg and it still not available. Tmobile will not sell the nexus. And I don't wanna get an old one like s7 or note 5. The only option is the iPhone 7 although I am not an apple fan. And i still have to wait couple of weeks to get it from tmobile... What should I do???
    Who on here walks in a store and buys a phone to resale, really.
    If I was looking at buying a new phone.
    I would look at the note 5, the s7E , or the S7.
    They are all great phones and will give you good service.
    And you already know how to operate a Samsung phone.
    10-13-2016 02:51 PM
    I'm just curious with you all that are switching to the S7 edge, will you buy the s8 Edge or whatever they call the larger screen, or will you hold onto the S7 Edge and buy a Note 8 later next year?
    10-13-2016 03:36 PM
    Thinking about jumping ship to the iPhone 7. Then giving it to my wife once Samsung gets straightened out. Since I will lose my upgrade, then hers will be available in about 6 months. This way I don't lose the upgrade for a phone I don"t want.
    10-13-2016 03:38 PM
    Hope you don't mind I had the S7 Edge for one day and switch to the Note 5 I'm definitely keeping this phone for at least several months we'll have to wait and see what next year brings I'm going to be much more cautious this time around if I look into the new note
    10-13-2016 03:39 PM
    That is my issue I need the S-Pen. But I am not willing to get an year old device and have it for a 2 year contract. I am trying to use an Stylus with a thin rubber tip as a alternative with the LG-V20 or Pixel XL.
    But the Spen can copy and paste, etc photos no other stylus can do that???
    10-13-2016 03:40 PM
    I'm just curious with you all that are switching to the S7 edge, will you buy the s8 Edge or whatever they call the larger screen, or will you hold onto the S7 Edge and buy a Note 8 later next year?
    At this point I will want the next Note or whatever name Samsung uses.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-13-2016 03:42 PM
    I'll wait for the Note 8 if they continue the line. If not, I'll go to the S8Edge once it's confirmed that the Note line is retired.
    10-13-2016 03:43 PM
    I tried to like the Edge when I had the loaner but I just didn't. I'm getting the V20 and will possibly keep that until the new Note or whatever they call the S-pen version next year.
    10-13-2016 03:46 PM
    Hope you don't mind I had the S7 Edge for one day and switch to the Note 5 I'm definitely keeping this phone for at least several months we'll have to wait and see what next year brings I'm going to be much more cautious this time around if I look into the new note
    Same here. Also I'm NOT pre ordering this time but waiting about a month to make sure everything is good with the Note 8 this time.
    amyf27, Jude526, cinnamin and 2 others like this.
    10-13-2016 03:46 PM
    Has anybody looked into that google phone I forget the name but that don't look to bad I am trying to see what to get since i have to turn my note 7 in
    10-13-2016 03:52 PM
    Meh, I already had the Note 5. Never got great battery life out of it. Used an S7 edge as my loaner device. Was OK, but I really missed the Note 7 Grace interface. Was laggy at times. Less internal storage. Not a nice to hold.....I could go on. I think I am going to try something totally new and go with the LG V20. Then maybe jump to the S8/edge or whatever comes out when that does. Then the Note 8 if it happens. Thankfully I have T-Mobile jump on demand. Never thought I would use it so much.
    rjw likes this.
    10-13-2016 03:52 PM
    But the Spen can copy and paste, etc photos no other stylus can do that???
    You can copy and paste on any Android device with or without the S-Pen. I want to see if I can do Electronic Signatures with a stylus.
    10-13-2016 03:53 PM
    Thinking about jumping ship to the iPhone 7. Then giving it to my wife once Samsung gets straightened out. Since I will lose my upgrade, then hers will be available in about 6 months. This way I don't lose the upgrade for a phone I don"t want.
    What does your wife thing about all this.
    10-13-2016 03:54 PM
    Has anybody looked into that google phone I forget the name but that don't look to bad I am trying to see what to get since i have to turn my note 7 in
    Pixel XL? It's an okay phone BUT no water resistance and no SD card slot! Better off with an S7 edge then.
    10-13-2016 03:56 PM
    I will get it only if the next Note replacement is not released at the same time. Since we just ordered the S7E to hold us over for a few months, it will most definitely be an upgrade over the S7E. I am hoping they streamline all of their screens to look like the Note7. Definitely will get the biggest screen version of whatever comes out next.
    10-13-2016 03:57 PM
    Meh, I already had the Note 5. Never got great battery life out of it. Used an S7 edge as my loaner device. Was OK, but I really missed the Note 7 Grace interface. Was laggy at times. Less internal storage. Not a nice to hold.....I could go on. I think I am going to try something totally new and go with the LG V20. Then maybe jump to the S8/edge or whatever comes out when that does. Then the Note 8 if it happens. Thankfully I have T-Mobile jump on demand. Never thought I would use it so much.
    Speaking of JOD, the rep on the phone today told me all Note7 users got their JOD counters reset. So, even if this was your third JOD this year, you're back to 1. This is just one rep, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Also, not sure if the 3 upgrades are for one calendar year or rolling 12 month period.
    fishmd likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:00 PM
    I don't want to give up my Note7 I love this phone
    10-13-2016 04:00 PM
    The way you wrote makes it sound like people could just swap their Note 7 for an S7 edge, and then swap again for an S8 edge if/when they come out in February/March. That however is not the case. Whatever anyone swaps for now they'll be stuck with at best doing a trade-in and payment of the remainder of the cost, or paying full price for whatever eventually comes out.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:02 PM
    Pixel XL? It's an okay phone BUT no water resistance and no SD card slot! Better off with an S7 edge then.
    I am fine with the trade off. Water resistance is nice but it will never drive my purchase for a phone. I snagged the 128 GB Pixel XL and that is more space than I think I can fill so no SD card slot also doesn't bother me.
    FSU30 likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:03 PM
    You legally can't take the phone on a plane now. If you do...well let's just say you might not make it to your destination as you could be held for questioning for a very long time.
    10-13-2016 04:05 PM
    Yeah, I was also told that jumps are reset. It is supposed to be 3 jumps in a 12 month period, but I have also heard of many who have jumped more than that without any problems at all.
    10-13-2016 04:18 PM
    I actually ordered it. I'm going to take it for a test run. If I don't like it I'll be coming back to Note 5 or S7 edge.
    10-13-2016 04:25 PM
    Well, it is DONE! My iPhone 7+ arrived via UPS today. I immediately jumped in the car and headed to my favorite VZW store (almost an hour away...btw if you are in the Houston/Woodlands area I highly recommend the Woodlands store. EXCELLENT service every time).

New black S7e on the way. Picked up the otterbox symmetry for it as well. The symmetry for the Note 7 was a piece of engineering genius. Kept the edges protected yet accessible within a very sleek design. Otterbox has been making bank off of me due to this N7 fiasco.

Thanks again to everyone that set me straight. Like I told my guy at VZW, no more "angry shopping" and back to my 90 day rule.
    10-13-2016 04:36 PM
    Next Note!!! My husband will take my S7e as he will be ready for a new phone and I will pounce on the new Note.
    10-13-2016 04:41 PM
555 ... 1213141516 ...