Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Carraser23

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I also ordered the pixel xl. I think it's an upgrade with the better performance, alleged better camera, and Android as Google intended. So everything will be optimized, the complete opposite of the Note 7. Also I get a free Daydream VR outta the deal.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I PHONE 7!

If we want to have an Android vs iPhone debate, those go in phone wars. Thanks!

Last edited:

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I really like Wifi calling on the newer phones and Video calling.
Just to name a couple things that are cool that most people probably don't use.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: well just downgraded

The Note5 is a great phone. If I hadn't run out of storage I would have kept mine

How do you feel about having to pay full price for an old phone? I just can't bring myself to do it. :(
Well the thing is I need the SPEN, so the price was never an issue, it's a new phone not refurbishing, I know it came out in Sept 2015 but still a solid phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my dilemma with this whole situation - that's an awfully expensive loaner!!

If I get a S7E and after 4 months if the S8, S8plus comes out, I'd be required to pay the difference in what I've paid for 4 months on the lease plan ($33/mo (or whatever the actual monthly is) x 4 months = ~$130 and 50% of the phone cost ($792) = over $600 to get out of the S7 and into the new phone. That sucks! And I won't blow $400+ on a used phone on Ebay to hold me over til the S8/N8 comes out
I guess everyone's situation is different. I'm on JOD, so basically like a 4 month lease for me until the next big thing comes out.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Well the thing is I need the SPEN, so the price was never an issue, it's a new phone not refurbishing, I know it came out in Sept 2015 but still a solid phone.
That is my issue I need the S-Pen. But I am not willing to get an year old device and have it for a 2 year contract. I am trying to use an Stylus with a thin rubber tip as a alternative with the LG-V20 or Pixel XL.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

First, let me say that my last 3 phones have been Samsungs and the Note 7 is hands-down, the best of all of them. I am not looking forward to returning it.

Like the rest of you, I struggled with this decision and after going to the Verizon store and looking at various phones I finally went with the iPhone 7 plus w/256GB which arrives tomorrow. I just wanted the drama with Samsung to be over . . . Regardless, my second choice was the S7E and honestly, if the iPhone disappoints, I'll just pay the restocking fee and switch again now that I've mastered the art of setting up a new phone! I have never been an iOS fan but I do love my iPod so I'm hoping that iOS 10 along with the features of the 7+ will be enough to keep me happy.

One thing for sure, that IPhone 7+ will have more resale value next year than the S7 Edge. Also, you can put a tempered glass screen protector on it.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I have never owned an iPhone. Thinking about giving it a try. I figure after 2 recalls on this phone maybe the universe is speaking to me and saying give ios a try. If I hate it, it'll only have to hold me over until the new note comes out.

There are at least 15 options note named Note7 that are better than the iPhone...

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just left my local T-Mobile store and the one lady was clueless about when I showed them about the $100 bill credit/off of any Samsung Galaxy phone. I'm sure they know but not aloud to say anything about it yet. The one guy told me about the LG V20. I said no I still have the new VR and I want to use it. He said I understand. Right now its all a waiting game to find out what's going on.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung $100 off another Galaxy?

Nice of them to activate it AFTER I already traded my Note 7 for an S7 Edge... >:-(

At 3 today Samsung is offering an $100 credit toward purchase of another galaxy if u return N7.

Samsung is offering Note 7 owners up to $100 credit to return their phones - The Verge

Questions

Does this apply to phones purchased at VZW?
If I already got my $ back can I still get this offer? I returned my Note 7 after 1st recall. No new phone since.

Thanks

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung $100 off another Galaxy?

Nice of them to activate it AFTER I already traded my Note 7 for an S7 Edge... >:-(
If it is real I bet you still get it. I have a lesser chance since I returned my N7 after the 1st recall and never asked for another. The s7 edge is not my first choice (V20 is) but if $100 off list I will go that route.

I called Samsung and VZW and neither had heard of it but perhaps that's because it goes on a 3pm

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

One thing for sure, that IPhone 7+ will have more resale value next year than the S7 Edge. Also, you can put a tempered glass screen protector on it.

That may be true but it also depends of you purchase it out right or do lease program. I'm with T-mobile and on the Jump On Demand program so I never have to worry about the resale value of the phone. I used to be an iPhone guy but have been with Android for a few years now. Apple phones aren't even an option for me, I can't stand how locked down the OS is and the lack of customization, that's what I love about Android. For others it may not be an issue, folks just gotta find what works for them or will get they by.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2