11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 1234 ...
tools
    Verizon folks, come on over to Moto Mods and the Moto Z Force DROID.
    No thanks
    10-11-2016 02:05 PM
    Don't forget the Huawei Honor 8 Unlocked at Best Buy. I used for two weeks during the first recall and I loved it. Just missed Samsung pay and the speaker was weak but otherwise a winner at $399.00. I think it's on Sale now for $350. This may be a perfect time to experiment with mid rangers. There is so much value here, you would be surprised. Some of these mid rangers are so close to flagships now that it's hard to justify flagship prices. For example I would take an Honor 8 before the iphone 7 plus in a heartbeat and it's 1/3 the price. The Note is unique so the price while high is acceptable for what it brings. But 900 for anything less is a crime.
    Serkle K and dcooper830 like this.
    10-11-2016 02:13 PM
    Don't forget the Huawei Honor 8 Unlocked at Best Buy. I used for two weeks during the first recall and I loved it. Just missed Samsung pay and the speaker was weak but otherwise a winner at $399.00. I think it's on Sale now for $350. This may be a perfect time to experiment with mid rangers. There is so much value here, you would be surprised. Some of these mid rangers are so close to flagships now that it's hard to justify flagship prices. For example I would take an Honor 8 before the iphone 7 plus in a heartbeat and it's 1/3 the price. The Note is unique so the price while high is acceptable for what it brings. But 900 for anything less is a crime.
    I am contemplating this device. But Wireless charging would help me keep my accessories. I am still researching though. I also have the best buy %10 off coupon, and this device qualifies for that. I wish the S7 Edge did too though.
    10-11-2016 02:24 PM
    The Google Pixel is a big "no thanks" for me. It's missing the holy trinity of features that make it three times a deal-breaker: wireless charging, expandable storage, always-on display. Not to mention it looks too much like an iPhone.

Going back to my gold S7 Edge... it's not quite the perfection the Note7 was, but it's the most complete smartphone in the world not named Note7.
    rexb, dcooper830, delynnie and 1 others like this.
    10-11-2016 02:26 PM
    The Google Pixel is a big "no thanks" for me. It's missing the holy trinity of features that make it three times a deal-breaker: wireless charging, expandable storage, always-on display. Not to mention it looks too much like an iPhone.

Going back to my gold S7 Edge... it's not quite the perfect the Note7 was, but it's the most complete smartphone in the world not named Note7.
    Me too on the Pixel
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:28 PM
    The s7 Edge is the natural replacement if you like the N7. It's the N7 minus the spen
    delynnie and hasasimo like this.
    10-11-2016 02:29 PM
    The s7 Edge is the natural replacement if you like the N7. It's the N7 minus the spen
    It's really not even close.
    10-11-2016 02:37 PM
    While I do agree with you, I would have to say, contextually, it is. Considering the design and features, it is the closest than anything else out there. Camera, features, and shape make it a lot closer to the Note7 than anything else. (of course this is all my opinion though)
    10-11-2016 02:42 PM
    Best Buy offered me a $250 gift card to go with the Note 5. I like it okay but even despite that promotion I wish a little bit that I'd gotten an LG V10. However, I did pre-order the V20 so I guess I can live w/out the V10. I'm not completely in love with the battery life on the Note 5 but as a tertiary device I guess it'll be okay. That $250 gift card actually went a long way.
    10-11-2016 02:45 PM
    Begrudgingly going to the Pixel XL. Not nearly as excited for it as I was for the Note 7, but should cover 90% of my needs. Plus I can use it on a plane 😉.
    Shadowyugi and FSU30 like this.
    10-11-2016 02:54 PM
    It's almost the same exact phone minus a few minor features and the S7 Edge has better battery life and arguably smoother performance.

The s-pen is the only major difference between the two.
    10-11-2016 02:57 PM
    Ya but most out there are counterfeit. Those that are genuine are old.
    I posted a few times in the Note 4 forum about finding OEM batteries on eBay for about $12. They work great in my Note 4, just like what the phone shipped with. AC might still carry them in the store as well.
    10-11-2016 02:59 PM
    I posted a few times in the Note 4 forum about finding OEM batteries on eBay for about $12. They work great in my Note 4, just like what the phone shipped with. AC might still carry them in the store as well.
    Yes I recall. Amazing. 90% of that stuff is counterfeit

Still using Note 4 as primary phone?
    10-11-2016 03:01 PM
    It's almost the same exact phone minus a few minor features and the S7 Edge has better battery life and arguably smoother performance.

And the iris scanner.
    10-11-2016 03:02 PM
    Yes I recall. Amazing. 90% of that stuff is counterfeit

Still using Note 4 as primary phone?
    Those that are have hints in the description such as being a good replacement.
    10-11-2016 03:03 PM

Yeah, an engine is the only major difference between my truck and one that's been picked apart at the junkyard.
    10-11-2016 03:03 PM
    My Nexus 5 is having some issues with sporadic battery life and weak GPS signal, so I can't just go back to it easily.

I'm looking very hard at the Axon 7 right now, to tide me over til next year's new phones come out.
    10-11-2016 03:04 PM
    Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone!
    I'm with VZW and they refunded me my first payment and canceled my contract so without me saying anything to them.

That kind of tells me the company already knows what Samsungs plan is and they just haven't announced it. I still have the phone to by the way.
    esf6491 likes this.
    10-11-2016 03:05 PM
    Yeah, an engine is the only major difference between my truck and one that's been picked apart at the junkyard.
    These phones have the same engine lol
    10-11-2016 03:06 PM

On top of the S-pen and all the software capabilities that go with it there's also the iris scanner, Grace UX (which is worlds better than what's on the Edge), the screen is smaller, the edges are more pronounced, the Note feels better in hand and the Note has USB-C.

I had the Edge as a loaner for about 10 days and didn't care for it. I saw right away why it didn't interest me when it launched.
    10-11-2016 03:08 PM
    These phones have the same engine lol
    Have you had both? If you have and you still think so, you missed the entire experience with the Note 7. I have had both and no, they do not have the same engine and they are not the same minus the S pen. The reason the Note is called a Note, is because of the S pen. So to say that's the only major difference, is not only obvious, but kind of ridiculous to act like it's no big deal. The S7 edge has an entirely different form, weaker features on the AOD, zero note taking software or hardware, the headphone jack at the top is a small thing, but I didn't realize how nice it was to have it on the bottom until I had my Note 7, the home button on my S7 edge only worked if I used a compass and a square to determine the dead center and then pressed perfectly on that dead center. Otherwise, I'd have to press the stupid button two or three times to get it to register.

The screen is smaller, and half of the edge panels that I liked to use, were not as useful on the S7 edge as the Note 7. For instance, the calendar one on the S7 edge only shows that day's events. On the Note 7, it shows the days events as well as a little month view off to the side. They are not the same. I know most of what I mentioned is small differences, but those small differences add up and completely change the overall experience.
    10-11-2016 03:12 PM
    I dont like the way the S7E feels in my hand, not a huge fan of the edge. The S7 I had as a loaner seemed kinda boring and was only 32gb. I'm kinda leaning towards the HTC 10 because of the adaptable storage or the iPhone 7 Plus. :/ I wont do the V20 because I got burned on my G4. Just hope the picture quality is good on the HTC.
    10-11-2016 03:12 PM
    On top of the S-pen and all the software capabilities that go with it there's also the iris scanner, Grace UX (which is worlds better than what's on the Edge), the screen is smaller, the edges are more pronounced, the Note feels better in hand and the Note has USB-C.

I had the Edge as a loaner for about 10 days and didn't care for it. I saw right away why it didn't interest me when it launched.
    I wanted a Note 7 as my primary device but it was not to be and I'm a little disappointed. I went with the S7e and it's a nice iPhone 6s replacement and then some and that's what I'm keeping in mind. The edge display is nice and all but we'll see how much it actually gets used.
    10-11-2016 03:16 PM
    +1 The Note 5 was a good phone and it's what I'm going back to as well. No stylus, no deal.

Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone!
    shantheman73 likes this.
    10-11-2016 03:16 PM
    I really liked my note 7 I never used the s pen so I'm thinking of s7 edge and then the larger s8 when it comes out . I have a 6p but I lives the screen and camera on the note 7 so much that my 6p just isn't cutting it anymore
    10-11-2016 03:20 PM
555 1234 ...