11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 20212223
tools
    The way I see it, the Note 5 is basically a Note 4 with out a replaceable battery and without memory expansion. You are stuck with 32 gb of memory for the Verizon version and once the battery starts loosing capacity over time you have to live with it. I have 288 gb of memory to use. My daughter has a Note 5 and she has to keep moving here photos off to make more space.

What benefit or feature do you like in the Note 5 over the Note 4?
    The note five has a better screen, better look and better camera. Yes, you get removable battery in the note 4 but the note 5 is better.
    Carlo Villa and Doug Moffat like this.
    10-22-2016 03:29 PM
    The way I see it, the Note 5 is basically a Note 4 with out a replaceable battery and without memory expansion. You are stuck with 32 gb of memory for the Verizon version and once the battery starts loosing capacity over time you have to live with it. I have 288 gb of memory to use. My daughter has a Note 5 and she has to keep moving here photos off to make more space.

What benefit or feature do you like in the Note 5 over the Note 4?
    When I turned in my note 7.
    I went looking for note 5 64GB.
    I called and emailed and texted over the 40 people.
    Found one guy at a business with 4 phone's..drove 90 miles to him
    Both me and a buddy wanted one
    George was left with 1 note 5 32 gb.
    And one note 4 32 gb
    I got the Note 5..it has a better platform than the note 4. The Note 4 has a little bigger ah battery.
    My buddy got the Note 4.

I would pay 150.00 more for a note 5 that for a note 4.
    If all he had would of been a note 4. I wouldn't of got a phone
    Screen display on the Note 5 is a lot plainer too.
    10-22-2016 05:41 PM
    I setup both the Note 4 and my note 5 and have been working with both phones.
    Sorry but the best
    Note 5 outshines the 4.
    You can take a note 5 to a good phone person and have the battery replaced.

Compare Samsung Galaxy Note 5 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Size, Specs, Camera
    10-22-2016 05:44 PM
    10-22-2016 05:46 PM
    The Note 4 is a nice phone.
    But with the advancement of the note 5 Wow.

Remember the note 5 works with wireless charging too.
    The note 4 don't.

I really like wireless charging myself.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-22-2016 07:41 PM
    Switched back to my s6 and it is so hot all the time. It constantly says battery Temp is around 105. My note 7 on the other hand never gets above 93 degrees
    That's concerning, I would contact Samsung Support on Twitter I contacted them for help with my Note 7 and they were really quick to respond. My Note 7 only got that hot twice and it was because I had app updates set to wifi only and I never use wifi so I ended up having 97 updates at once and I was using wifi hotspot at the same time.
    10-22-2016 08:39 PM
    That's concerning, I would contact Samsung Support on Twitter I contacted them for help with my Note 7 and they were really quick to respond. My Note 7 only got that hot twice and it was because I had app updates set to wifi only and I never use wifi so I ended up having 97 updates at once and I was using wifi hotspot at the same time.
    That's glad to know.
    But a lot of folks I know have limited data. So it's important they have it to updates on wifi only.
    Another reason to turn programs off you don't use.
    10-22-2016 08:50 PM
    I'm comparing now. Have seem S7e & Moto ZFD but unable to see LGV20 @ 2 BBY stores.
    I am next looking for reviews comparing the cameras on these 3. Not just specs but actually hands on reviews. (May not be able to find with V20 yet)
    I just did a test photo comparing my 2002 Casio Elixim Z850 camera with the GN7. GN7 photo looked better.
    So, I know the S7e =GN7 camera & will be reading camera reviews/tests S7e vs. Moto ZFD later tonight.

BTW, I love my GN7 & will really miss it & resent all the the spent on 2 exchanges & having to re-research phones again but....2 things I will NOT miss when I change:
    1) curved screen preventing use of good TG screen protector! (reviews are very bad for TGSP with curved screens)

2) Samsung Smart Switch. I still have problems backing up with it hanging @ 86%. Also much more of a pain to move files back & forth phone to Mac. I think with Moto, I plug into Mac & SD card recognized as mass storage device just like a flash drive. Hope that is also true with LG.

Not sure how I will back up entire phone, especially internal storage with all settings as well as contacts, etc. to my Mac with Moto to LG. I will have "Cloud" &/or Verizon backup for contacts but prefer to be able to back up directly to my computer for everything else. Not sure this is possible. With my GN7 using the buggy Smart Switch, it backed up most but not all settings, still had to redo some after my 1st GN7 exchange.
    I had issues with Smart Switch too but what I found is if you go into the menu and reinstall the USB driver it should fix it. Hope this helps 😊.
    10-22-2016 08:59 PM
    That's glad to know.
    But a lot of folks I know have limited data. So it's important they have it to updates on wifi only.
    Another reason to turn programs off you don't use.
    Ya I have unlimited data and I have been turning off a bunch of apps that I'm not using. I've noticed an increase in my battery life. 😊
    10-22-2016 09:08 PM
    Just think, in 5 months Samsung releases a new phone..sounds like yrs away huh
    10-22-2016 09:23 PM
    Has anyone seen this? Is it legit? http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...-in-march.html

Here's another article similar findings but mentioned even if you choose to hold on to your Note 7:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/18...on-release.htm

10-22-2016 09:29 PM
    Well finally ordered my V20 tonight. I get it Tuesday. I'm disappointed in the whole diabolical of the Note7 but I'm moving on and if tge SGN8 comes out I still have an upgrade on my account.
    10-22-2016 10:34 PM
    Has anyone seen this? Is it legit? http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...-in-march.html

Here's another article similar findings but mentioned even if you choose to hold on to your Note 7:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/18...on-release.htm

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2230ec71ca.jpg
    What site is this?
    10-23-2016 08:08 AM
    Well finally ordered my V20 tonight. I get it Tuesday. I'm disappointed in the whole diabolical of the Note7 but I'm moving on and if tge SGN8 comes out I still have an upgrade on my account.
    I've had my V20 for less than 24 hours and I'm honestly very impressed with the build quality and screen.

Granted its not a Note 7 but for now it's a very good alternate if not the best at the moment IMHO.

It's funny how many of us former Note 7 owners are now on the V20 threads. I cannot and will not speak for them but I believe the majority of us are very pleased

I'll keep my eyes open for news on the S8s abd whatever the Note will be next year ?
    10-23-2016 11:44 AM
    i missed this phone
    10-24-2016 11:08 PM
    Enjoying a note 5
    jlost and Carlo Villa like this.
    10-25-2016 06:05 AM
    I WAS leaning towards the S7e vs. LG V20 mainly due to the camera on S7e which = GN7 camera & is superb for a phone.

But today I had problems with my GN7 freezing & other things so, I'm leaning towards LG.
    I will start a thread on this.

"Did Samsung or Verizon brick my Note 7?"
    10-28-2016 03:16 AM
    I WAS leaning towards the S7e vs. LG V20 mainly due to the camera on S7e which = GN7 camera & is superb for a phone.

But today I had problems with my GN7 freezing & other things so, I'm leaning towards LG.
    I will start a thread on this.

"Did Samsung or Verizon brick my Note 7?"
    My Note 7 is still working fine.
    10-28-2016 03:19 AM
    Ever turn the phone off and back on
    10-28-2016 06:57 AM
    Yes, every day or 2.
    10-29-2016 01:32 AM
    I had issues with Smart Switch too but what I found is if you go into the menu and reinstall the USB driver it should fix it. Hope this helps ������.
    Followed your suggestion & reinstalled USB driver. Still hangs @ 86% & sometimes eventually finishes the backup & sometimes must try it a couple times or more. Hate Smart Switch. Leaning toward LG now. Especially with the issues with GN7 (Not catching fire!) that I've had past 2 days. Detailed in my thread: "Did Samsung or Verizon brick my Note 7?"
    10-29-2016 02:00 AM
    I've had the LG V20 for over 24 hours now. It sucks. The front facing camera is all grainy and just terrible! Can't believe people even compared it to the Note 7 camera. The phone itself is medicore. I'm going to return it for a One Plus 3 to hold me over till next August for the Note 8. All of this is so screwed up. And I think the exhcnage program someone borught up earlier is only going on in Korea!
    10-29-2016 04:01 AM
    I think the iPhone 7 plus is an excellent alternative to the Note 7.

Apple thoughtfully provided a massive lower bezel to place Post-Its thus removing the need for the S pen.
    10-30-2016 04:59 PM
    Like most people on this forum, I was down between the Pixel XL and the V20. After reading some posts on this specific thread I chose the V20 (it seems most people seemed to be disappointed by the Pixel's lack of expandable storage and removable battery, as was I).

I've now had the V20 for over 24 hours and I am very disappointed. My biggest issues with the V20 that may help those who are considering switching from Note 7:
    • It is much bulkier and sensibly heavier than the Note 7 making it more difficult to hold..yet it appears that the screen is smaller (with the docked buttons taking up way too much space)
    • The battery so far seems to be worse than the Note 7, but it's still early
    • The fingerprint sensor only works on the back of the home button...Most times at work I have the phone facing up on my desk and I don't want to have to lift it up to unlock it from the back.
    • The camera doesn't even come close to the Note 7!!
    • It's a lot uglier than the Note 7 - I say this even though I always put function over form, but coming from the Note 7 this phone is just really ugly. I can't even look at it sometimes
    • It's not water resistant

GRANTED, I am comparing the V20 to the Note 7 (which turned out was the best phone I ever had although not without its faults), but I still have never been less excited to have a new phone. I think that if Galaxy s7 edge had been available at the store, I would have gone for the s7 edge instead.

Therefore, if folks would find my above complaints deal-breakers, then I would not recommend switching to the V20.

Instead I am sucking it up and waiting for the next phone to come out and use tmobile Jump on Demand. Until then I will try to give the V20 a try; I'm sure it has lots of capabilities that I am unaware of. Otherwise, I have no idea why anyone would ever buy it.
    10-31-2016 11:51 AM
    Like most people on this forum, I was down between the Pixel XL and the V20. After reading some posts on this specific thread I chose the V20 (it seems most people seemed to be disappointed by the Pixel's lack of expandable storage and removable battery, as was I).

I've now had the V20 for over 24 hours and I am very disappointed. My biggest issues with the V20 that may help those who are considering switching from Note 7:
    • It is much bulkier and sensibly heavier than the Note 7 making it more difficult to hold..yet it appears that the screen is smaller (with the docked buttons taking up way too much space)
    • The battery so far seems to be worse than the Note 7, but it's still early
    • The fingerprint sensor only works on the back of the home button...Most times at work I have the phone facing up on my desk and I don't want to have to lift it up to unlock it from the back.
    • The camera doesn't even come close to the Note 7!!
    • It's a lot uglier than the Note 7 - I say this even though I always put function over form, but coming from the Note 7 this phone is just really ugly. I can't even look at it sometimes
    • It's not water resistant

GRANTED, I am comparing the V20 to the Note 7 (which turned out was the best phone I ever had although not without its faults), but I still have never been less excited to have a new phone. I think that if Galaxy s7 edge had been available at the store, I would have gone for the s7 edge instead.

Therefore, if folks would find my above complaints deal-breakers, then I would not recommend switching to the V20.

Instead I am sucking it up and waiting for the next phone to come out and use tmobile Jump on Demand. Until then I will try to give the V20 a try; I'm sure it has lots of capabilities that I am unaware of. Otherwise, I have no idea why anyone would ever buy it.
    Make sure you have the double-tap on screen to wake option turned on. This makes up for the fingerprint sensor being on bottom of phone. The Note 7 was the best phone ever...but learning to like the V20.
    10-31-2016 05:30 PM
555 ... 20212223