11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 12345 ...
tools
    Bleh, may as well get a Note 4 or Note5.
    I went back to my Note 4 for now until the next Note eventually comes out.
    10-11-2016 03:21 PM
    Have you had both? If you have and you still think so, you missed the entire experience with the Note 7. I have had both and no, they do not have the same engine and they are not the same minus the S pen. The reason the Note is called a Note, is because of the S pen. So to say that's the only major difference, is not only obvious, but kind of ridiculous to act like it's no big deal. The S7 edge has an entirely different form, weaker features on the AOD, zero note taking software or hardware, the headphone jack at the top is a small thing, but I didn't realize how nice it was to have it on the bottom until I had my Note 7, the home button on my S7 edge only worked if I used a compass and a square to determine the dead center and then pressed perfectly on that dead center. Otherwise, I'd have to press the stupid button two or three times to get it to register.

The screen is smaller, and half of the edge panels that I liked to use, were not as useful on the S7 edge as the Note 7. For instance, the calendar one on the S7 edge only shows that day's events. On the Note 7, it shows the days events as well as a little month view off to the side. They are not the same. I know most of what I mentioned is small differences, but those small differences add up and completely change the overall experience.
    I said earlier the spen is a big difference but there is no other phone with an spen.

I've used both phones yes, I have the s7 Edge and used the N7 extensively. They have the same processor and ram. You must not have used the s7 Edge because the headphone jack is on the bottom and the form factor is almost identical, slightly less pronounced curves on the screen.
    Syounger64 likes this.
    10-11-2016 03:27 PM
    I said earlier the spen is a big difference but there is no other phone with an spen.

I've used both phones yes, I have the s7 Edge and used the N7 extensively. They have the same processor and ram. You must not have used the s7 Edge because the headphone jack is on the bottom and the form factor is almost identical, slightly less pronounced curves on the screen.
    I was mistaken on the headphone jack. I had remembered wrong there.

The form factor is not even close to almost identical. Not even remotely close. The Note 7 is perfect in the hand. The S7 Edge digs into your hand while holding it, because of the more defined edge. I really don't care about the processor or ram being the same. All the phones these days are comparable in terms of those.

What i'm tired of, is people who demand they're the same phone without the S pen. They aren't. They are designed for entirely different groups of people. I'm sick of everyone telling us Note 7 users to just get the S7 edge as if we're not aware of the differences. Most of us used an S7 edge as a loaner while we waited for the replacement Note 7's. And it was a disappointing experience. The last thing we need as we're trying to navigate through all this nonsense, is the same 5 people insisting the S7 edge is the same.
    10-11-2016 04:04 PM
    Guess I'm reluctantly going with a V20 when it comes out on the 28th with AT&T. Won't compare to my Note 7. Worse battery life weaker IPS screen no water resistance. But It will get me by until I upgrade again next Summer.
    FSU30 likes this.
    10-11-2016 04:10 PM
    Compared to the Note 7, all the other devices are little gurlee phones (no offense to girls).

Seems the nearest device including sd slot is the V20, but limited markets. Also price. One carrier works out to $830 and the other $650. Only one is probably correct. $830 seems way too high.

The Force 7 has a smaller display and no 3.5 jack. Big bezel for the phone size.

Note 7 was the real deal. Meh.
    Razz, Shadowyugi and esf6491 like this.
    10-11-2016 04:11 PM
    Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone!
    I traded my Note7 yesterday for Note5. I am content... safe and coming from using all Note phones happy the 5 is around to get
    shantheman73 and brau0303 like this.
    10-11-2016 04:24 PM
    I was mistaken on the headphone jack. I had remembered wrong there.

The form factor is not even close to almost identical. Not even remotely close. The Note 7 is perfect in the hand. The S7 Edge digs into your hand while holding it, because of the more defined edge. I really don't care about the processor or ram being the same. All the phones these days are comparable in terms of those.

What i'm tired of, is people who demand they're the same phone without the S pen. They aren't. They are designed for entirely different groups of people. I'm sick of everyone telling us Note 7 users to just get the S7 edge as if we're not aware of the differences. Most of us used an S7 edge as a loaner while we waited for the replacement Note 7's. And it was a disappointing experience. The last thing we need as we're trying to navigate through all this nonsense, is the same 5 people insisting the S7 edge is the same.
    As someone who has both, I dread going back to my GS7e. It's not a bad phone - but the Note7 feels different, not to mention the tech specs. Feels different in the hand, and in my view, my Note7 was far less laggy than my GS7e. Anyway, I never got rid of the GS7e but now I'm digging it out and slowly moving everything back to it. Well not everything - there's 32GB less storage.... :-/
    10-11-2016 04:31 PM
    How about this...Samsung release a software update to the Note 5 and Note 4 which is similar to the software on the Note 7. I'll happily to go back to my Note 4 until the Note 8 comes out.
    10-11-2016 05:15 PM
    My screen cracked yesterday on my beloved Note 4 Edge, and I thought I didn't have an upgrade until December, but found out I could upgrade now. Decided to save my updgrade for the Note 8 when Asurion told me that they had more Note 4 Edges in stock to replace my phone. Nothing else in Verizon's offerings excited me enough to use the upgrade now.
    10-11-2016 05:30 PM
    I'm sorry you guys have to make this choice
    10-11-2016 05:49 PM
    The Note 7 was awesome, everything kind of seems like a downgrade to me. I exchanged my Note 7 for an S7 Edge this morning because I just wanted to be done with this and it's ok but can't help despising it a little bit.
    10-11-2016 06:05 PM
    If you're going to include the HTC, you should mention the about the regular S7. No crazy large curved screen that results in multiple accidental touches like the S7 Edge and the same size as the HTC 10. Also, you can use a tempered screen protector as well.
    10-11-2016 06:14 PM
    I swapped out for the S7 edge. Not particularly happy about it, but I don't like the look of the Pixel XL or V20, so the S7Edge is the closest I'm getting to the Note 7, albeit without a stylus.
    10-11-2016 06:16 PM
    The Huawei Mate 9 is going to be the beasts of all beasts! Getting this as my alternative for sure.
    10-11-2016 06:23 PM
    Best Buy offered me a $250 gift card to go with the Note 5. I like it okay but even despite that promotion I wish a little bit that I'd gotten an LG V10. However, I did pre-order the V20 so I guess I can live w/out the V10. I'm not completely in love with the battery life on the Note 5 but as a tertiary device I guess it'll be okay. That $250 gift card actually went a long way.
    Did you pre order the v20 from best buy?
    10-11-2016 06:27 PM
    I am disgusted, I would have gone with the Note 5 but that's moving backwards and only 64hb with Verizon, really. I totally switched over to this phone, got rid of my apple watch and purchased a gear. I'm not pleased, now I have to settle. I hope Samsung offers its prior N7 customers a sweet deal when the next note comes out
    10-11-2016 06:28 PM
    I'm so aggravated over this situation. It may be just a phone but after all the hours spent through the pre order prcess through getting the replacement, the fact I waited for this phone specifically to upgrade and there isn't a single other phone that suits my needs. My galaxy S5 was on its last leg, so now what am I supposed to do, shell out for a phone I don't even want? Not to mention the money wasted on the 6 tempered glass screen protectors I have, the wireless charging stand, two anker usb c battery packs, 3 cases, the SAMSUNG VR etc. All purchased on amazon and ebay so SOL there too. I feel like breaking something honestly.

What happened to waiting for the CPSC to find out if the new batch were even defective? In this age of media sensationalism and social media outrage was this just a rush to judgement? We don't even know for a fact the new note 7's aren't safe. Not one of those stories has been verified. Samsung is stopping production yes but that very well could have nothing to do with whether the new batch is safe and more of a cutting their loss for their share holders to not inflict more damage to their brand, maybe with all these reports and knowing that most are false they realize that no matter what they do any more note 7 out will always have that stigma so they are cutting their losses on this device. Could it be possible that after the CPSC finishes their investigation and if they determine that they were in fact safe that those who still have Note 7's can keep them once they are cleared, just they wont be making any more?
    10-11-2016 06:31 PM
    I'm so aggravated over this situation. It may be just a phone but after all the hours spent through the pre order prcess through getting the replacement, the fact I waited for this phone specifically to upgrade and there isn't a single other phone that suits my needs. My galaxy S5 was on its last leg, so now what am I supposed to do, shell out for a phone I don't even want? Not to mention the money wasted on the 6 tempered glass screen protectors I have, the wireless charging stand, two anker usb c battery packs, 3 cases, the SAMSUNG VR etc. All purchased on amazon and ebay so SOL there too. I feel like breaking something honestly.

What happened to waiting for the CPSC to find out if the new batch were even defective? In this age of media sensationalism and social media outrage was this just a rush to judgement? We don't even know for a fact the new note 7's aren't safe. Not one of those stories has been verified. Samsung is stopping production yes but that very well could have nothing to do with whether the new batch is safe and more of a cutting their loss for their share holders to not inflict more damage to their brand, maybe with all these reports and knowing that most are false they realize that no matter what they do any more note 7 out will always have that stigma so they are cutting their losses on this device. Could it be possible that after the CPSC finishes their investigation and if they determine that they were in fact safe that those who still have Note 7's can keep them once they are cleared, just they wont be making any more?
    This is why I'm choosing to wait. If rather have the Note 7 with no further updates than exchange it.
    10-11-2016 06:44 PM
    I swapped out for the S7 edge. Not particularly happy about it, but I don't like the look of the Pixel XL or V20, so the S7Edge is the closest I'm getting to the Note 7, albeit without a stylus.
    I did the same. I'm not happy about it but I really had no choice. I need a phone even if it's not one that I prefer.

Don't get me wrong, the s7e is a good device. it's just not a n7.
    10-11-2016 06:47 PM
    I'm back on my Note 3 for now. Literally the only thing I miss from Note 7 is the camera. The camera is spectacular. On the other hand I get to use my ir blaster again and my notifications sound so much better coming from note 3 speaker. I know Note 7 had many, many other improvements but I either didn't notice them or hadn't learned to use them. I was disappointed the Note 7 was not faster than Note 3 despite more ram, faster processor, and updated ui. My Note 7 was a little laggy just like my Note 3.

LG is not known for making dependable long lasting phones and have crappy battery life but at least with V20 I keep 5.7 inch screen and will have ir blaster. I think it may have hdmi capability too which is a big plus for me.

To be honest my Note 3 is pretty nice so the V20 will have to be very good for me to keep it. If the Pixel had a 5.7 inch screen I might have gone that route.
    10-11-2016 06:49 PM
    Why didn't you include the Nexus 6P 128 GB

I bought it this year by March and definitively love it! Great 7 months with this handset with excellent camera performance, dual speakers and QHD screen!.

I surely recommend the Nexus 6P and you will have a great bang for the buck as well as another two years of direct security patches from Google.
    I am looking into this...which carriers does it work with? I am on Tmobile and can you still get a brand new one?
    10-11-2016 06:51 PM
    I'm sorry you guys have to make this choice
    Thanks but it's not your fault. It was fun while it lasted. Although I'm going with the iphone7 plus for now, I'll be back for note8.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-11-2016 06:52 PM
    You missed the iPhone 7 Plus. Like it or not, it is an alternative.
    10-11-2016 06:53 PM
    Good luck getting your hands on one lol Out of stock everywhere.
    10-11-2016 06:59 PM
    Switched back to my s6 and it is so hot all the time. It constantly says battery Temp is around 105. My note 7 on the other hand never gets above 93 degrees
    10-11-2016 07:00 PM
555 12345 ...