11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Went to my local VZW today, no Pixel, or v20, go figure.
    Neither are released though. :/
    10-11-2016 09:49 PM
    Neither are released though. :/
    The Pixel is in some Best Buy stores, not sure why, IMO they should wait until next week. I'd love to play with a V20. That's 3 weeks out?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:52 PM
    Hp elite x3 was released today...only sold at Microsoft or hp
    lol
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:52 PM
    My local att store has a working v20... Sweet phone
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:53 PM
    Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone!
    I just transferred all my files back to my Note 5. It has the same theme and background image... but its missing that new Grace UX! I'm hoping Samsung gives Note 5 the Note 7 interface. It would make the pain of returning my Note 7 a little less painful.
    10-11-2016 10:00 PM
    I just transferred all my files back to my Note 5. It has the same theme and background image... but its missing that new Grace UX! I'm hoping Samsung gives Note 5 the Note 7 interface. It would make the pain of returning my Note 7 a little less painful.
    S7 edge and S7 users will have Grace UX when the nougat update arrives.....so maybe February...by then people will be looking forward to the S8 sadly
    KupKrazy likes this.
    10-11-2016 10:09 PM
    surprised no one mentioned the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe. the 3 variants (Snapdragon 625, 820 or 821) should start shipping in the US in a couple weeks.
    10-11-2016 10:25 PM
    surprised no one mentioned the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe. the 3 variants (Snapdragon 625, 820 or 821) should start shipping in the US in a couple weeks.
    I hadn't heard much about it but will check it out. I had a Zenfone 2 awhile back and it was an interesting device at an insanely low price. Thanks for the link!
    10-11-2016 10:28 PM
    Just sucks for me. A lot of the nice phones I cant even use on vzw.
    French and esf6491 like this.
    10-11-2016 10:57 PM
    Sucks because for Verizon customers, the Samsung annual upgrade program isnt valid for the s7 edge anymore. You had to of bought it exactly a month ago. So now, if I do buy an s7 edge, I for sure have to keep it for the whole two years unless I pay 400 bucks after one year which is a little steep. I'm not missing out on the note8.
    What's the deal with that? I saw not one single phone that was eligible for annual upgrade. I thought that's the point of the edge program. I got screwed like that with my note 5 and when I went to buy the note 7, i had to pay off the note 5 which was like $500.
    I don't want anything that I have to pay the entire price for again.
    10-11-2016 10:59 PM
    Hp elite x3 was released today...only sold at Microsoft or hp
    I've always loved Windows Phone (now Windows 10 Mobile). Easily the most modern OS out there. But the lack of app support is a killer for some. It has all the bare minimums for me, but once Nokia stopped making hardware for it I kind of lost interest. It was the first platform to carry the 3 smartphone features I love most all in one package... wireless charging, always-on display, and microSD support, all the way back in 2012.

The S7 Edge has all those, plus it looks great. I'll be moving back to that.
    jordans0nly and tadpoles like this.
    10-11-2016 11:16 PM
    Blackberry mercury
    10-11-2016 11:40 PM
    This is the first time, ive been interested in a Samsung phone. My first ever "would be samsung unit". but sadly. This literally breaks my heart
    jerrykur and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-12-2016 12:48 AM
    I've been looking around at what I can replace my note with. I really would like to just hold out until the s8's are out at this point mainly because I don't want to pay full price for a seven month old phone.

I didn't see this mentioned as an alternative and maybe someone can point out why. I see the Note 5 as an alternative and the S7 edge obviously. But why not the s6 edge plus? I didn't look at it until just now but looks like it's the same size screen but doesn't have an s-pen, I haven't been using mine much. I think I might go that route unless there's something I'm missing?
    10-12-2016 01:47 AM
    You missed the iPhone 7 Plus. Like it or not, it is an alternative.
    To laypeople, maybe.
    Shadowyugi and tadpoles like this.
    10-12-2016 03:00 AM
    What's the deal with that? I saw not one single phone that was eligible for annual upgrade. I thought that's the point of the edge program. I got screwed like that with my note 5 and when I went to buy the note 7, i had to pay off the note 5 which was like $500.
    I don't want anything that I have to pay the entire price for again.
    I wasnt talking about the edge plan. Thats no longer available for new customers. There a Samsung annual upgrade program for all customers for the 3 samsung flagship phones but only until a certain date. That end date was last month on the 10th. So in order to upgrade a year after purchasing the s7 edge, I would have to pay around 400 bucks. The Samsung annual upgrade program is automatic for everyone who purchases a flagship Samsung device.
    10-12-2016 06:22 AM
    Using my Note 3 at the moment - wifey using my Nexus 5X. I put in the order for the V20 (ATT shipping to me on 10/24. 12 days, I can wait. Actually having a pretty decent experience with my Note 3. Feeling nostalgic :-)
    10-12-2016 08:51 AM
    To laypeople, maybe.
    Or to people who can't make up their mind what they want. For the majority of Android Central users, we're on Android for a reason.
    Dr Claw and libra89 like this.
    10-12-2016 08:58 AM
    You missed the iPhone 7 Plus. Like it or not, it is an alternative.
    It definitely is... however we don't have a dedicated forum for that device.

We do have these:
    iPhone 7 Plus - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    iPhone 7 - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    Shadowyugi and libra89 like this.
    10-12-2016 09:08 AM
    I was mistaken on the headphone jack. I had remembered wrong there.

The form factor is not even close to almost identical. Not even remotely close. The Note 7 is perfect in the hand. The S7 Edge digs into your hand while holding it, because of the more defined edge. I really don't care about the processor or ram being the same. All the phones these days are comparable in terms of those.

What i'm tired of, is people who demand they're the same phone without the S pen. They aren't. They are designed for entirely different groups of people. I'm sick of everyone telling us Note 7 users to just get the S7 edge as if we're not aware of the differences. Most of us used an S7 edge as a loaner while we waited for the replacement Note 7's. And it was a disappointing experience. The last thing we need as we're trying to navigate through all this nonsense, is the same 5 people insisting the S7 edge is the same.
    Ok, you've either never seen an s7 Edge in person or are just trolling here. Both phones share the same design language, aesthetic and similar in size and shape. The s7 Edge is literally the closest experience you'll get to an N7.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:20 AM
    Samsung won't do anything. Y'all will be flocking back to them when the S8 comes out with new features, design, and tech. People forget easily and always want the new stuff. If you don't come back, plenty more new customers will take your place.
    I have no loyalty to any company for any product but no other android phone is competitive with N7 and my guess is this will be true of N8. Build the best mousetrap and folks will buy it. I'm not going to hold a grudge because the N7 was a pita. The s7edge is probably the best Android phone available in stores right now and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one except my backup note 3 still works well.

If the Pixel XL weren't so expensive I would try it but just too much $ for a Nexus.
    10-12-2016 09:49 AM
    I've been given the choice of an S7 edge or another phone.

I really like the S7 edge, but I think I'm going to go with a Carbon Gray HTC 10.

I've always wanted to try the HTC 10 and I've been hearing a lot of great things about it. However, I will be missing quite a lot of things, namely;
    • The big, bright AMOLED display
    • The iris scanner
    • Multi-window and other software features (multi-window is coming to the 10 via Nougat, apparently)
    • The lighting-fast camera
    • The S Pen

It's a hard sacrifice as I know the 10 is not on the same level as the Note 7, but I'm a phone nerd, and I should try something else every once in a while. Samsung did well with the S7 edge and I still love the Note 7 for what it did during my first few weeks with it. I will be very sad to see it go, but we must move on...

Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)-htc-10-gray-2.jpg

Ok, you've either never seen an s7 Edge in person or are just trolling here. Both phones share the same design language, aesthetic and similar in size and shape. The s7 Edge is literally the closest experience you'll get to an N7.
    I held both. They don't look all that different but the more subtle curve and symmetrical design on the Note really did made quite a difference.
    10-12-2016 09:59 AM
    I will be going for a Google Pixel in the next coming days as that's all I feel will just about minimally give me the same enjoyment I've gotten from my Note 7. This last couple weeks have really been a shame.

Easily one of the best phones I've ever used.
    10-12-2016 10:36 AM
    It's the 3000mah battery that bothers me. I hqve no problem with 64gb. It's plenty for me
    I agree with the Note 5 in 64GB being plenty...especially since I will probably only be keeping for about a year. For the 3000mah battery I already invested in a wireless charger for home so I'll get another one for at work and wont worry about the battery as it will always be charging when its not in use.
    Inexpensive wireless charger at Amazon that worked fine with the Note 7
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5486537
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-12-2016 10:51 AM
    What does everyone think about the Sony Xperia XZ as an alternative?
    10-12-2016 11:10 AM
555 ... 34567 ...