11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 45678 ...
tools
    What does everyone think about the Sony Xperia XZ as an alternative?
    I think a lot of people are a little wary about going all in with Sony right now considering their recent track record, at least in the US. However, the XZ looks promising, but I would suggest keeping an open mind with other devices. Here's a good blog post about the XZ and hands-on: The Xperia XZ gives me hope that Sony can turn things around in the U.S. | Android Central
    10-12-2016 11:40 AM
    I'm leaning towards S7E for my replacement, since I'm already kinda heavy into the Samsung ecosystem, but I could get talked into a Pixel Big, or the V20. Someone talk me into something.

Things that may not be deal breakers, but that I really like:

-Wireless charging
    -Still haven't gotten to try out my VR
    -Always on Display
    10-12-2016 11:43 AM
    I'm leaning towards S7E for my replacement, since I'm already kinda heavy into the Samsung ecosystem, but I could get talked into a Pixel Big, or the V20. Someone talk me into something.

Things that may not be deal breakers, but that I really like:

-Wireless charging
    -Still haven't gotten to try out my VR
    -Always on Display
    I was very disappointed in VR...did nothing for me and it's so grainy. Pixel XL isn't exciting me as a choice, but it's my runner-up.

LG V20 is top pick for me so far since that has a second screen to somewhat mimic AOD, and it has 64gb unlike the S7. Seems like the best fit for me to replace my beloved Note 7.
    10-12-2016 11:49 AM
    Everything else is a downgrade, including the not yet released V20. I don't think I can do the S7E. As much as I love the Note, I possibly may go to the S7. Can't go back to the Note5 because I value the camera more and had no space on the Note5.
    I'm not a fan of the Edge at all either but I had a S7 as a loaner while waiting for a Note 7 replacement and that thing is even smaller than the Edge. The screen on the Edge is just a smidge smaller than the Note 7.
    10-12-2016 11:49 AM
    I have held onto my Note 3 forever just waiting for October 11 to come around so I could finally get my Note 7. What does the future look like for those of us who can actually wait a while longer? I am like so many others with not being able to live without the SPen, and I also heard that the Note 5 doesn't have a slot for the SD card. I need the SD card. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    10-12-2016 11:57 AM
    I do not think that the Note 5 has an SD slot. I literally cannot decide between trying an S7E or going to the Note 5. I traded my Note 4 for the 7. That decision is literally killing me!
    devauls, mmsean and treedabl like this.
    10-12-2016 12:13 PM
    I do not think that the Note 5 has an SD slot. I literally cannot decide between trying an S7E or going to the Note 5. I traded my Note 4 for the 7. That decision is literally killing me!
    And the worst part is if we settle for something now and they decide to come out with something else equally as awesome as the Note 7 and we miss it. :/ I'm thinking I'm going to wait even though my phone has issues at times. It's at least three years old.
    Todd Anthony1 and kabeeo like this.
    10-12-2016 12:16 PM
    Mate 9... 6 inch screen, 6 gigs of RAM, 4000 mAh battery.. umm why aren't we talking about this?
    AndreaTexas410 likes this.
    10-12-2016 12:24 PM
    And the worst part is if we settle for something now and they decide to come out with something else equally as awesome as the Note 7 and we miss it. :/ I'm thinking I'm going to wait even though my phone has issues at times. It's at least three years old.
    Agreed but I don't have my old phone unfortunately! And I don't think that Samsung can gear up so fast after the beating they took on this to bring another phone to market any time soon. I think I've decided to go with the S7E because it's newer and different with the thinking that I'll be on board for the Note 8 (or whatever they call it!). I am bummed though.
    AndreaTexas410 likes this.
    10-12-2016 12:37 PM
    I hear you! I traded my Note 3 for like $70 credit, which was running just fine, to upgrade to the Note 7. Really bad decision! I am also having difficulty deciding between the Note 5 or S7E...ughh!
    10-12-2016 01:10 PM
    AC picks the V20?

Best Android Phones 5.7 inches And Over http://www.androidcentral.com/best-a...nches-and-over
    10-12-2016 01:11 PM
    Note 5 does not have a sd card slot, which sucks because my Samsung Promotion free 256 GB card came yesterday and I'll have to return my Note 7. I'm using N5 until LG v20 comes out.
    10-12-2016 01:11 PM
    I've transferred everything back to my "old" GS7edge and I notice how I've made it look it every way possible like my Note7 in terms of the UI setup with Nova, etc... now I can fool myself into think I am using the Note7 to some small extent. Hahaha They are both black so all the better. I did get used to the sharper curve on the edges of the Note7 though. I hope it will hold me over for now.
    10-12-2016 01:15 PM
    Tried to exchange the 7 for a 5 and Verizon is out of stock. Any suggestions?
    10-12-2016 01:25 PM
    Mate 9... 6 inch screen, 6 gigs of RAM, 4000 mAh battery.. umm why aren't we talking about this?
    Do you know if it includes an SPen?
    10-12-2016 01:48 PM
    Agreed but I don't have my old phone unfortunately! And I don't think that Samsung can gear up so fast after the beating they took on this to bring another phone to market any time soon. I think I've decided to go with the S7E because it's newer and different with the thinking that I'll be on board for the Note 8 (or whatever they call it!). I am bummed though.
    I'll probably do the same.
    10-12-2016 01:50 PM
    Do you know if it includes an SPen?
    Not a Samsung so no Spen
    10-12-2016 01:50 PM
    I'll probably do the same.
    Just put the order in for an S7 Edge Silver 64 GB. At least it will be different for a while.
    10-12-2016 01:53 PM
    If I were to get a phone to replace the Note 7, I'd probably go with the LG V20. I just don't like the others and for me personally, it has the least amount of compromises when meeting my needs.
    10-12-2016 02:21 PM
    I am looking into this...which carriers does it work with? I am on Tmobile and can you still get a brand new one?
    Surprised that no one has answered you. The Nexus 6p works on all carriers and also has Wifi calling, along with band 12. You can try searching eBay and B&H Photo for new ones.

I am also surprised that the 6p hasn't been mentioned.
    10-12-2016 02:31 PM
    Surprised that no one has answered you. The Nexus 6p works on all carriers and also has Wifi calling, along with band 12. You can try searching eBay and B&H Photo for new ones.

I am also surprised that the 6p hasn't been mentioned.
    This is a nerd site ... everything from 15 months ago is TOO OLD! except the Note 5 because it's the last Note. lol
    libra89, jordans0nly and tadpoles like this.
    10-12-2016 02:50 PM
    This is a nerd site ... everything from 15 months ago is TOO OLD! except the Note 5 because it's the last Note. lol
    Haha noted. Fair point.
    Aquila likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:08 PM
    I don't understand this thread, the only actual alternative is Note 5. Nothing else.
    People buy Note because of it's build quality and sPen, nothing else since there are a lot of phones with same screen size and resolution.
    10-12-2016 03:24 PM
    I don't understand this thread, the only actual alternative is Note 5. Nothing else.
    People buy Note because of it's build quality and sPen, nothing else since there are a lot of phones with same screen size and resolution.
    I think many people bought the Note 7 with differing priorities and the size or pen may have been bonuses rather than the thing driving them to purchase the device. There could be several devices that meet there needs in other ways, such as if the camera was their highest priority, or the most internal storage, etc.
    libra89, KupKrazy and tadpoles like this.
    10-12-2016 03:27 PM
    Even my buddy Marcus says so. Its either edge or of the 5 etc. Hopefully this will help some of you guys bc I'm still debating as well. The struggle is real.
    esf6491 likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:30 PM
555 ... 45678 ...