11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 678910 ...
tools
    So bought a 64GB Note 5 in white to tide me over till the Note 8 comes out; ZERO keyboard/UI lag.

Note 7 Stylus fits but is a TAD short. Also Note 7 0.7mm nibs DO WORK in Note 5 Stylus; I go thru them pretty fast. MY Note 5 only came with one hard nib; I had about a dozen from the 2 Note 7's.

Will miss the waterproofing, bigger battery, microsd card (I work in film industry I ALWAYS have about 200GB of media on my phone but I can deal for now), and styling but I prefer a flat screen anyways. Camera is 9/10 of Note 7; still pretty amazing. $250 off ebay.

Figured it's the closest thing to a Note 7 I could buy; so far, other than somewhat dated styling, no real differences I care about, though I will miss washing my phone off without concern, but I WON'T miss worrying about noxious fumes.

What is everyone else moving on to?
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:29 PM
    Anyone switching to i phone 7? and why? Thanks
    I switched. The last iphone I had was the 3GS, but there was no other android phone I wanted. The only one was the v20, but I had an G3 and I wasn't too fond if it. Figured I'd try it again after so many years.
    Cmikos likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:31 PM
    $250 is a pretty good deal if you ask me. I may look into that myself. I really would miss the SD card slot myself but its a cheap alternative.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:38 PM
    Had iPhone 7 plus in silver for 5 days... figured I give it a try. Had a 3G YEARS ago before android, during WinMo 6.0/6.1 days. Was cool then. Now it's too limited; feels like a kids toy. I work in advertising/film industry, and I have exceptional vision; iPhone 7 screen I can see the pixels, and frankly it's outdated tech. Was just going to keep it for higher resale till Note 8 comes out...

...returned it and bought a Note 5 off eBay, just came in today. 90% same experience as Note 7; Note 7 nibs work in Note 5 Stylus too fyi. I despise iOS even more now. GF kept her iPhone 7.

...for 3 days longer than myself. Her Note 5 arrives tomorrow hopefully. Both our N7's are going back to Best BUY tomorrow.
    Switched to the 6S+, but lost my annual upgrade doing so. Considering exchanging it for the 7. Last iPhone was the 5S on iOS 7 or 8 so it's been nice exploring a new phone.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    Im at the sprint store right now. I looked at the s7 edge and the lg stylo.

No.

The note 7 is the best device since the sph-i330. If my note burns or sprint stops service, yeah but untill then......
    lato9905 and From A Buick 8 like this.
    10-12-2016 08:42 PM
    Always good to put your phone/wants before your families safety, I commend you
    10-12-2016 08:44 PM
    I switched from an iphone to a samsung/android to try it out. I found that i missed a lot of what iOS had to offer. i.e badge notification (why did I have to download a third party app for that). Notifications on iOS works so much better and is easier to read. Missed my photostream with my family and Facetime. Google duo is still in its infancy stage. The biggest miss i had was not having to "optimize" my iphone. iOS is a very solid and well polished OS that just works and makes enjoying the phone for what it is.

I will miss, however, the ability to customize my phone the way I want to. But that's just a small annoyance. I'd rather have a phone that is reliable, works all the time, and have a good, non exploding battery.
    tadpoles likes this.
    I switched from an iphone to a samsung/android to try it out. I found that i missed a lot of what iOS had to offer. i.e badge notification (why did I have to download a third party app for that). Notifications on iOS works so much better and is easier to read. Missed my photostream with my family and Facetime. Google duo is still in its infancy stage. The biggest miss i had was not having to "optimize" my iphone. iOS is a very solid and well polished OS that just works and makes enjoying the phone for what it is.

I will miss, however, the ability to customize my phone the way I want to. But that's just a small annoyance. I'd rather have a phone that is reliable, works all the time, and have a good, non exploding battery.
    tadpoles likes this.
    The button feels different and has less feedback because its not a real button, its simulated. There are settings to change to make it feel more realistic if one desires.
    10-12-2016 08:48 PM
    Well with reluctance I am going back to the iPhone, just ordered the 7 plus to replace my replacement Note 7. I was a long time iPhone user and made the switch to Android because of the Note 7, now I'm going back to Apple. I'll save one of my upgrades maybe for the Note 8, if/when that comes out and gets good reviews.
    10-12-2016 08:49 PM
    I bought the Note 5 also off eBay. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Question for you, can I just use the Sim card from the Note 7 in the Note 5 or does that have to be returned?
    10-12-2016 08:54 PM
    I bought the Note 5 also off eBay. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Question for you, can I just use the Sim card from the Note 7 in the Note 5 or does that have to be returned?
    You can use it
    10-12-2016 08:57 PM
    Wished I would have kept mine now traded it in for the 7. Waiting for the LG V20 in a couple of weeks. Something new to hold me over till next summer and upgrade again.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the response, Twitchy.
    10-12-2016 09:02 PM
    The iPhone7 does not work with Android wear!
    Wrong. Android wear has worked with ios since 2015.

http://www.macworld.com/article/3068...t-want-to.html
    10-12-2016 09:06 PM
    Had iPhone 7 plus in silver for 5 days... figured I give it a try. Had a 3G YEARS ago before android, during WinMo 6.0/6.1 days. Was cool then. Now it's too limited; feels like a kids toy. I work in advertising/film industry, and I have exceptional vision; iPhone 7 screen I can see the pixels, and frankly it's outdated tech. Was just going to keep it for higher resale till Note 8 comes out...

...returned it and bought a Note 5 off eBay, just came in today. 90% same experience as Note 7; Note 7 nibs work in Note 5 Stylus too fyi. I despise iOS even more now. GF kept her iPhone 7.

...for 3 days longer than myself. Her Note 5 arrives tomorrow hopefully. Both our N7's are going back to Best BUY tomorrow.
    Funny because I have excellent vision and I can't see the pixels on the iPhone without a magnifying glass. Actually there were recent tests that showed the iPhone screen retina was better of not showing the pixels like the note 7 did.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:09 PM
    Wrong. Android wear has worked with ios since 2015.

http://www.macworld.com/article/3068...t-want-to.html
    Not with the iphone 7.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac...-iphone-7/amp/
    10-12-2016 09:11 PM
    Going from my N3 > N4 > N5, I couldn't wait for the Note 7 to have an SD card again. Had my Note 5 almost set up to give to my husband. He has my N4 & my 79 yr old Mom (exceptionally techy <3 ) has my Note 3. Was about to "upgrade" the two of them and sell the N3. Something made me procrastinate finishing for him, luckily. Will be going back to my N5, very, very begrudgingly. I even had ordered that as my loaner, but the replacements came a day or so after the N7 replacement arrived, so I returned it without activating it. Cranky :/
    10-12-2016 09:18 PM
    I switched, not to the 7 but the 6S Plus. Cheaper, and most importantly, available! Never used iOS before and to me, the transition was much less painful than I was anticipating. Google services work well on iOS, the iOS 10 features are nice, and the default apps work great for what I need them for.

There are trade offs that go both ways, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say it's better or worse, just different. A lot to like, and a lot of my iOS prejudices have been eliminated.
    seajypsy, rimz808, credo and 1 others like this.
    10-12-2016 09:25 PM
    I got me the iTurd 7 Plus 256GB in matte Black. Many things better then the Note 7.
    ladybrown35 likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:32 PM
    Stuck with iTunes

No file drag and drop

No themes

Less video codecs

No Flash

No OTG

No sd slot

No cool emulators

No Brutal Doom

No way
    10-12-2016 09:38 PM
    No Way in Hel* am I going back to a Iphone.
    Hate the operating system.
    And They don't have O.K. Google or worst of all.
    They don't have a Back Key.
    buzzy3970, k.scott and Doug Moffat like this.
    10-12-2016 09:42 PM
    The iPhone7 does not work with Android wear!
    Actually you can indeed install Android Wear from the iTunes Store and thus you can use an Android Wear OS watch with an iPhone.
    10-12-2016 09:43 PM
    Only 5 watches.
    10-12-2016 09:48 PM
555 ... 678910 ...