Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's almost the same exact phone minus a few minor features and the S7 Edge has better battery life and arguably smoother performance.

The s-pen is the only major difference between the two.

Yeah, an engine is the only major difference between my truck and one that's been picked apart at the junkyard.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
My Nexus 5 is having some issues with sporadic battery life and weak GPS signal, so I can't just go back to it easily.

I'm looking very hard at the Axon 7 right now, to tide me over til next year's new phones come out.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone! :)
I'm with VZW and they refunded me my first payment and canceled my contract so without me saying anything to them.

That kind of tells me the company already knows what Samsungs plan is and they just haven't announced it. I still have the phone to by the way.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's almost the same exact phone minus a few minor features and the S7 Edge has better battery life and arguably smoother performance.

The s-pen is the only major difference between the two.
On top of the S-pen and all the software capabilities that go with it there's also the iris scanner, Grace UX (which is worlds better than what's on the Edge), the screen is smaller, the edges are more pronounced, the Note feels better in hand and the Note has USB-C.

I had the Edge as a loaner for about 10 days and didn't care for it. I saw right away why it didn't interest me when it launched.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
These phones have the same engine lol

Have you had both? If you have and you still think so, you missed the entire experience with the Note 7. I have had both and no, they do not have the same engine and they are not the same minus the S pen. The reason the Note is called a Note, is because of the S pen. So to say that's the only major difference, is not only obvious, but kind of ridiculous to act like it's no big deal. The S7 edge has an entirely different form, weaker features on the AOD, zero note taking software or hardware, the headphone jack at the top is a small thing, but I didn't realize how nice it was to have it on the bottom until I had my Note 7, the home button on my S7 edge only worked if I used a compass and a square to determine the dead center and then pressed perfectly on that dead center. Otherwise, I'd have to press the stupid button two or three times to get it to register.

The screen is smaller, and half of the edge panels that I liked to use, were not as useful on the S7 edge as the Note 7. For instance, the calendar one on the S7 edge only shows that day's events. On the Note 7, it shows the days events as well as a little month view off to the side. They are not the same. I know most of what I mentioned is small differences, but those small differences add up and completely change the overall experience.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont like the way the S7E feels in my hand, not a huge fan of the edge. The S7 I had as a loaner seemed kinda boring and was only 32gb. I'm kinda leaning towards the HTC 10 because of the adaptable storage or the iPhone 7 Plus. :/ I wont do the V20 because I got burned on my G4. Just hope the picture quality is good on the HTC.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
On top of the S-pen and all the software capabilities that go with it there's also the iris scanner, Grace UX (which is worlds better than what's on the Edge), the screen is smaller, the edges are more pronounced, the Note feels better in hand and the Note has USB-C.

I had the Edge as a loaner for about 10 days and didn't care for it. I saw right away why it didn't interest me when it launched.
I wanted a Note 7 as my primary device but it was not to be and I'm a little disappointed. I went with the S7e and it's a nice iPhone 6s replacement and then some and that's what I'm keeping in mind. The edge display is nice and all but we'll see how much it actually gets used.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
+1 The Note 5 was a good phone and it's what I'm going back to as well. No stylus, no deal.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I really liked my note 7 I never used the s pen so I'm thinking of s7 edge and then the larger s8 when it comes out . I have a 6p but I lives the screen and camera on the note 7 so much that my 6p just isn't cutting it anymore

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Have you had both? If you have and you still think so, you missed the entire experience with the Note 7. I have had both and no, they do not have the same engine and they are not the same minus the S pen. The reason the Note is called a Note, is because of the S pen. So to say that's the only major difference, is not only obvious, but kind of ridiculous to act like it's no big deal. The S7 edge has an entirely different form, weaker features on the AOD, zero note taking software or hardware, the headphone jack at the top is a small thing, but I didn't realize how nice it was to have it on the bottom until I had my Note 7, the home button on my S7 edge only worked if I used a compass and a square to determine the dead center and then pressed perfectly on that dead center. Otherwise, I'd have to press the stupid button two or three times to get it to register.

The screen is smaller, and half of the edge panels that I liked to use, were not as useful on the S7 edge as the Note 7. For instance, the calendar one on the S7 edge only shows that day's events. On the Note 7, it shows the days events as well as a little month view off to the side. They are not the same. I know most of what I mentioned is small differences, but those small differences add up and completely change the overall experience.

I said earlier the spen is a big difference but there is no other phone with an spen.

I've used both phones yes, I have the s7 Edge and used the N7 extensively. They have the same processor and ram. You must not have used the s7 Edge because the headphone jack is on the bottom and the form factor is almost identical, slightly less pronounced curves on the screen.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I said earlier the spen is a big difference but there is no other phone with an spen.

I've used both phones yes, I have the s7 Edge and used the N7 extensively. They have the same processor and ram. You must not have used the s7 Edge because the headphone jack is on the bottom and the form factor is almost identical, slightly less pronounced curves on the screen.

I was mistaken on the headphone jack. I had remembered wrong there.

The form factor is not even close to almost identical. Not even remotely close. The Note 7 is perfect in the hand. The S7 Edge digs into your hand while holding it, because of the more defined edge. I really don't care about the processor or ram being the same. All the phones these days are comparable in terms of those.

What i'm tired of, is people who demand they're the same phone without the S pen. They aren't. They are designed for entirely different groups of people. I'm sick of everyone telling us Note 7 users to just get the S7 edge as if we're not aware of the differences. Most of us used an S7 edge as a loaner while we waited for the replacement Note 7's. And it was a disappointing experience. The last thing we need as we're trying to navigate through all this nonsense, is the same 5 people insisting the S7 edge is the same.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Guess I'm reluctantly going with a V20 when it comes out on the 28th with AT&T. Won't compare to my Note 7. Worse battery life weaker IPS screen no water resistance. But It will get me by until I upgrade again next Summer.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the Note 7, all the other devices are little gurlee phones (no offense to girls).

Seems the nearest device including sd slot is the V20, but limited markets. Also price. One carrier works out to $830 and the other $650. Only one is probably correct. $830 seems way too high.

The Force 7 has a smaller display and no 3.5 jack. Big bezel for the phone size.

Note 7 was the real deal. Meh.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I traded my Note7 yesterday for Note5. I am content... safe and coming from using all Note phones happy the 5 is around to get

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was mistaken on the headphone jack. I had remembered wrong there.

The form factor is not even close to almost identical. Not even remotely close. The Note 7 is perfect in the hand. The S7 Edge digs into your hand while holding it, because of the more defined edge. I really don't care about the processor or ram being the same. All the phones these days are comparable in terms of those.

What i'm tired of, is people who demand they're the same phone without the S pen. They aren't. They are designed for entirely different groups of people. I'm sick of everyone telling us Note 7 users to just get the S7 edge as if we're not aware of the differences. Most of us used an S7 edge as a loaner while we waited for the replacement Note 7's. And it was a disappointing experience. The last thing we need as we're trying to navigate through all this nonsense, is the same 5 people insisting the S7 edge is the same.

As someone who has both, I dread going back to my GS7e. It's not a bad phone - but the Note7 feels different, not to mention the tech specs. Feels different in the hand, and in my view, my Note7 was far less laggy than my GS7e. Anyway, I never got rid of the GS7e but now I'm digging it out and slowly moving everything back to it. Well not everything - there's 32GB less storage.... :-/

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
How about this...Samsung release a software update to the Note 5 and Note 4 which is similar to the software on the Note 7. I'll happily to go back to my Note 4 until the Note 8 comes out.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My screen cracked yesterday on my beloved Note 4 Edge, and I thought I didn't have an upgrade until December, but found out I could upgrade now. Decided to save my updgrade for the Note 8 when Asurion told me that they had more Note 4 Edges in stock to replace my phone. Nothing else in Verizon's offerings excited me enough to use the upgrade now.