Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The Huawei Mate 9 is going to be the beasts of all beasts! Getting this as my alternative for sure.

I am tired of flip flopping over phones....when is this one coming out now? I was looking at the Huawei Mate 8.... I love the large screen and the expandable storage. But that camera looks awful. I really don't like the fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone but I guess it's just getting used. I am one step away from going back to the Note 5. The only thing that is keeping me away is the no expandable storage. I got used to it already on the Note 7 and I love it.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sucks because for Verizon customers, the Samsung annual upgrade program isnt valid for the s7 edge anymore. You had to of bought it exactly a month ago. So now, if I do buy an s7 edge, I for sure have to keep it for the whole two years unless I pay 400 bucks after one year which is a little steep. I'm not missing out on the note8.

Wait, what? I just exchanged for the S7 Edge today. There was no mention of this. I'm on Edge. Does it effect that?

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Google should jump on this opportunity and release the Pixel and Pixel XL on all carriers for contract sales and LG should have had the V20 out already, I know they are kicking themselves for not with this turn of events in the phablet realm lol, and so the wait for the LG V20 release begins lol

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
On the news just now, they said Reuters estimates Samsung will lose 17 Billion because of the Note 7 problems. I can see why they aren't paying more than $25 at this point, but I definitely agree that it isn't enough for all the hassles
I heard $10 - 15 billion yesterday, and I think it was that they spent $2 billion in Q3 and for Q4 they're estimating $10-15 billion more - which would put it at $17 billion. That's why I said the other day that few OEM's could absorb this hit and keep walking. Many of them are in other industries, but not to the scale that Samsung is diversified. Regardless, I'd hate to be at the next prep meeting for the earnings call.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Note 7 was awesome, everything kind of seems like a downgrade to me. I exchanged my Note 7 for an S7 Edge this morning because I just wanted to be done with this and it's ok but can't help despising it a little bit.
Everything else is a downgrade, including the not yet released V20. I don't think I can do the S7E. As much as I love the Note, I possibly may go to the S7. Can't go back to the Note5 because I value the camera more and had no space on the Note5.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
On the news just now, they said Reuters estimates Samsung will lose 17 Billion because of the Note 7 problems. I can see why they aren't paying more than $25 at this point, but I definitely agree that it isn't enough for all the hassles
They need to look long-term. The ones who are going to give them another chance are their loyal customers. Note users are like walking advertisements for them. We are very good at showing off the features of the Note line. You can't pay for that kind of advertisement.

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Google should jump on this opportunity and release the Pixel and Pixel XL on all carriers for contract sales and LG should have had the V20 out already, I know they are kicking themselves for not with this turn of events in the phablet realm lol, and so the wait for the LG V20 release begins lol
I'm sure they have been locked into Verizon for a while now and looking at a huge missed opportunity with other carriers now.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I heard $10 - 15 billion yesterday, and I think it was that they spent $2 billion in Q3 and for Q4 they're estimating $10-15 billion more - which would put it at $17 billion. That's why I said the other day that few OEM's could absorb this hit and keep walking. Many of them are in other industries, but not to the scale that Samsung is diversified. Regardless, I'd hate to be at the next prep meeting for the earnings call.
See that's why they can and should do more. Samsung is huge. They will keep it moving and will come back. If a company this big can't mend things and make it right for people that at least stuck it out and got replacements, then who can? That's why I am semi-mad at them (I cooled down since yesterday....lol). They are a leader in the mobile phone industry and several others. If they can't do it then no one else will ever make things right for their customers. I don't know maybe I am asking too much but I don't see why they can't. They are losing customers and are losing them fast. Hopefully they will recover from losing people as well. Maybe they forgot that in the money equation loss that is being reported.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
If you switch to Project Fi you can get a Pixel XL soon

Just thought some of you might want to know that you can avoid the 6 week backlog for a Pixel XL by switching to Project Fi. Certainly not a decision to take lightly, but for those of us who need to finance a phone and want something top tier asap our options are limited.

I should have my black 32gb XL end of next week. I will cross my fingers with the note until then.

Even the pixel is a downgrade from the note, and I have been with Sprint for 17 years. This whole thing sucks.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They need to look long-term. The ones who are going to give them another chance are their loyal customers. Note users are like walking advertisements for them. We are very good at showing off the features of the Note line. You can't pay for that kind of advertisement.

Then maybe Samsung should be offering us deals on one of their other phones to make up for this mess and keep customers. Most people are jumping ship

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
That's what my original post was saying. They need to do something to make it worth our while.

Samsung won't do anything. Y'all will be flocking back to them when the S8 comes out with new features, design, and tech. People forget easily and always want the new stuff. If you don't come back, plenty more new customers will take your place.

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
After the first recall, I ordered a OnePlus 3--maybe deep down I knew this was all going to happen? Nah, not really. I just needed an excuse to see what all the fuss is over for OP3 lol. Over the course of the past few weeks or so when initially I was waiting for the replacement and while using the replacement Note 7, I kept playing with OnePlus 3. Slapped a beautiful custom ROM on it with a TON of awesome features. Will it EVER replace my Note 7? Absolutely not. No S-Pen. Screen quality is noticeably lower. Battery life is similar to Note 7 but not better, and in fact warms up more than my replacement Note 7 (not the original one since that thing could easily get up to 104!). The camera quality is not as good as Note 7, but it's not much worse either. But for $400 you cannot go wrong. Very snappy. 100% lag-free especially with a custom ROM. My Note 7 Fast Charger works as a rapid charger on the OP3 too. The finger print reader is so very much better than Note 5 and slightly better than Note 7 and S7 Edge.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung won't do anything. Y'all will be flocking back to them when the S8 comes out with new features, design, and tech. People forget easily and always want the new stuff. If you don't come back, plenty more new customers will take your place.
That's a pretty cynical way of looking at it. Especially since some people got three different Samsung rebate items out of this debacle. So, I'm not sure they won't do anything. Just making a suggestion anyway.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
How much is the Note 5 from T-Mobile? How does it compare to the N7 besides night and day? If not I'll go back to the S7E and wait til the next Note that comes out.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
How much is the Note 5 from T-Mobile? How does it compare to the N7 besides night and day? If not I'll go back to the S7E and wait til the next Note that comes out.

I don't know how much the Note 5 cost from. T-Mobile but I do have both phones. If you don't need the S pen, I highly recommend the S7 Edge over the Note 5. S7E has better battery life, expandable memory card slot, water resistant, it's faster.... pretty much what I said about the S7 Edge is what I would've said about the Note 7.

If you can get a really good deal on the Note 5 I definitely get it. I love my Note 5 and had.a time letting it go. Love my S7E because it's the perfect size and weight for me to use as a daily driver..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm