Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone! :)

I just transferred all my files back to my Note 5. It has the same theme and background image... but its missing that new Grace UX! I'm hoping Samsung gives Note 5 the Note 7 interface. It would make the pain of returning my Note 7 a little less painful.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just transferred all my files back to my Note 5. It has the same theme and background image... but its missing that new Grace UX! I'm hoping Samsung gives Note 5 the Note 7 interface. It would make the pain of returning my Note 7 a little less painful.

S7 edge and S7 users will have Grace UX when the nougat update arrives.....so maybe February...by then people will be looking forward to the S8 sadly

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Sucks because for Verizon customers, the Samsung annual upgrade program isnt valid for the s7 edge anymore. You had to of bought it exactly a month ago. So now, if I do buy an s7 edge, I for sure have to keep it for the whole two years unless I pay 400 bucks after one year which is a little steep. I'm not missing out on the note8.
What's the deal with that? I saw not one single phone that was eligible for annual upgrade. I thought that's the point of the edge program. I got screwed like that with my note 5 and when I went to buy the note 7, i had to pay off the note 5 which was like $500.
I don't want anything that I have to pay the entire price for again.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hp elite x3 was released today...only sold at Microsoft or hp

I've always loved Windows Phone (now Windows 10 Mobile). Easily the most modern OS out there. But the lack of app support is a killer for some. It has all the bare minimums for me, but once Nokia stopped making hardware for it I kind of lost interest. It was the first platform to carry the 3 smartphone features I love most all in one package... wireless charging, always-on display, and microSD support, all the way back in 2012.

The S7 Edge has all those, plus it looks great. I'll be moving back to that.

2ndnephew

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
This is the first time, ive been interested in a Samsung phone. My first ever "would be samsung unit". but sadly. This literally breaks my heart

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking around at what I can replace my note with. I really would like to just hold out until the s8's are out at this point mainly because I don't want to pay full price for a seven month old phone.

I didn't see this mentioned as an alternative and maybe someone can point out why. I see the Note 5 as an alternative and the S7 edge obviously. But why not the s6 edge plus? I didn't look at it until just now but looks like it's the same size screen but doesn't have an s-pen, I haven't been using mine much. I think I might go that route unless there's something I'm missing?

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
What's the deal with that? I saw not one single phone that was eligible for annual upgrade. I thought that's the point of the edge program. I got screwed like that with my note 5 and when I went to buy the note 7, i had to pay off the note 5 which was like $500.
I don't want anything that I have to pay the entire price for again.
I wasnt talking about the edge plan. Thats no longer available for new customers. There a Samsung annual upgrade program for all customers for the 3 samsung flagship phones but only until a certain date. That end date was last month on the 10th. So in order to upgrade a year after purchasing the s7 edge, I would have to pay around 400 bucks. The Samsung annual upgrade program is automatic for everyone who purchases a flagship Samsung device.

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Using my Note 3 at the moment - wifey using my Nexus 5X. I put in the order for the V20 (ATT shipping to me on 10/24. 12 days, I can wait. Actually having a pretty decent experience with my Note 3. Feeling nostalgic :)

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I was mistaken on the headphone jack. I had remembered wrong there.

The form factor is not even close to almost identical. Not even remotely close. The Note 7 is perfect in the hand. The S7 Edge digs into your hand while holding it, because of the more defined edge. I really don't care about the processor or ram being the same. All the phones these days are comparable in terms of those.

What i'm tired of, is people who demand they're the same phone without the S pen. They aren't. They are designed for entirely different groups of people. I'm sick of everyone telling us Note 7 users to just get the S7 edge as if we're not aware of the differences. Most of us used an S7 edge as a loaner while we waited for the replacement Note 7's. And it was a disappointing experience. The last thing we need as we're trying to navigate through all this nonsense, is the same 5 people insisting the S7 edge is the same.

Ok, you've either never seen an s7 Edge in person or are just trolling here. Both phones share the same design language, aesthetic and similar in size and shape. The s7 Edge is literally the closest experience you'll get to an N7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome