Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung won't do anything. Y'all will be flocking back to them when the S8 comes out with new features, design, and tech. People forget easily and always want the new stuff. If you don't come back, plenty more new customers will take your place.
I have no loyalty to any company for any product but no other android phone is competitive with N7 and my guess is this will be true of N8. Build the best mousetrap and folks will buy it. I'm not going to hold a grudge because the N7 was a pita. The s7edge is probably the best Android phone available in stores right now and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one except my backup note 3 still works well.

If the Pixel XL weren't so expensive I would try it but just too much $ for a Nexus.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been given the choice of an S7 edge or another phone.

I really like the S7 edge, but I think I'm going to go with a Carbon Gray HTC 10.

I've always wanted to try the HTC 10 and I've been hearing a lot of great things about it. However, I will be missing quite a lot of things, namely;
  • The big, bright AMOLED display
  • The iris scanner
  • Multi-window and other software features (multi-window is coming to the 10 via Nougat, apparently)
  • The lighting-fast camera
  • The S Pen

It's a hard sacrifice as I know the 10 is not on the same level as the Note 7, but I'm a phone nerd, and I should try something else every once in a while. Samsung did well with the S7 edge and I still love the Note 7 for what it did during my first few weeks with it. I will be very sad to see it go, but we must move on...

htc-10-gray-2.jpg

Ok, you've either never seen an s7 Edge in person or are just trolling here. Both phones share the same design language, aesthetic and similar in size and shape. The s7 Edge is literally the closest experience you'll get to an N7.
I held both. They don't look all that different but the more subtle curve and symmetrical design on the Note really did made quite a difference.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I will be going for a Google Pixel in the next coming days as that's all I feel will just about minimally give me the same enjoyment I've gotten from my Note 7. This last couple weeks have really been a shame.

Easily one of the best phones I've ever used.

devauls

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It's the 3000mah battery that bothers me. I hqve no problem with 64gb. It's plenty for me

I agree with the Note 5 in 64GB being plenty...especially since I will probably only be keeping for about a year. For the 3000mah battery I already invested in a wireless charger for home so I'll get another one for at work and wont worry about the battery as it will always be charging when its not in use.
Inexpensive wireless charger at Amazon that worked fine with the Note 7
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5486537

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards S7E for my replacement, since I'm already kinda heavy into the Samsung ecosystem, but I could get talked into a Pixel Big, or the V20. Someone talk me into something.

Things that may not be deal breakers, but that I really like:

-Wireless charging
-Still haven't gotten to try out my VR
-Always on Display

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards S7E for my replacement, since I'm already kinda heavy into the Samsung ecosystem, but I could get talked into a Pixel Big, or the V20. Someone talk me into something.

Things that may not be deal breakers, but that I really like:

-Wireless charging
-Still haven't gotten to try out my VR
-Always on Display
I was very disappointed in VR...did nothing for me and it's so grainy. Pixel XL isn't exciting me as a choice, but it's my runner-up.

LG V20 is top pick for me so far since that has a second screen to somewhat mimic AOD, and it has 64gb unlike the S7. Seems like the best fit for me to replace my beloved Note 7.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Everything else is a downgrade, including the not yet released V20. I don't think I can do the S7E. As much as I love the Note, I possibly may go to the S7. Can't go back to the Note5 because I value the camera more and had no space on the Note5.
I'm not a fan of the Edge at all either but I had a S7 as a loaner while waiting for a Note 7 replacement and that thing is even smaller than the Edge. The screen on the Edge is just a smidge smaller than the Note 7.

AndreaTexas410

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I have held onto my Note 3 forever just waiting for October 11 to come around so I could finally get my Note 7. What does the future look like for those of us who can actually wait a while longer? I am like so many others with not being able to live without the SPen, and I also heard that the Note 5 doesn't have a slot for the SD card. I need the SD card. Any thoughts? Thanks!

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I do not think that the Note 5 has an SD slot. I literally cannot decide between trying an S7E or going to the Note 5. I traded my Note 4 for the 7. That decision is literally killing me!

AndreaTexas410

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I do not think that the Note 5 has an SD slot. I literally cannot decide between trying an S7E or going to the Note 5. I traded my Note 4 for the 7. That decision is literally killing me!

And the worst part is if we settle for something now and they decide to come out with something else equally as awesome as the Note 7 and we miss it. :/ I'm thinking I'm going to wait even though my phone has issues at times. It's at least three years old.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
And the worst part is if we settle for something now and they decide to come out with something else equally as awesome as the Note 7 and we miss it. :/ I'm thinking I'm going to wait even though my phone has issues at times. It's at least three years old.

Agreed but I don't have my old phone unfortunately! And I don't think that Samsung can gear up so fast after the beating they took on this to bring another phone to market any time soon. I think I've decided to go with the S7E because it's newer and different with the thinking that I'll be on board for the Note 8 (or whatever they call it!). I am bummed though.

devauls

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I hear you! I traded my Note 3 for like $70 credit, which was running just fine, to upgrade to the Note 7. Really bad decision! I am also having difficulty deciding between the Note 5 or S7E...ughh!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Note 5 does not have a sd card slot, which sucks because my Samsung Promotion free 256 GB card came yesterday and I'll have to return my Note 7. I'm using N5 until LG v20 comes out.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've transferred everything back to my "old" GS7edge and I notice how I've made it look it every way possible like my Note7 in terms of the UI setup with Nova, etc... now I can fool myself into think I am using the Note7 to some small extent. Hahaha They are both black so all the better. I did get used to the sharper curve on the edges of the Note7 though. I hope it will hold me over for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7