Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: I PHONE 7!

Seriously thinking to switch. I want the stylus but Note series seems to be only one that has it.
During the Hurricane we evacuated and in the poor coverage area (AT&T) where we were my wife could get a signal where my Note3 got nada.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a new Note 5. It's really quite a capable device and still considered one of the best phones in the phablet category. Feels much better in the hand than my IP6+ and just as fluid as the Galaxy S7.
Did the 5 really get a completely undeserved bad rap just because of no expandable storage? Shame.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a new Note 5. It's really quite a capable device and still considered one of the best phones in the phablet category. Feels much better in the hand than my IP6+ and just as fluid as the Galaxy S7.
Did the 5 really get a completely undeserved bad rap just because of no expandable storage? Shame.

The note 5 I had was awesome actually. In fact it was smooth as hell. Smoother than both the first note 7 and the replacement.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm seriously considering an iPhone 7 plus in jet black. I've never done ios but Samsung is pissing me off with this whole fiasco that i think i probably will. Unless in the next few days they decide to offer us something off a gs7 edge or note 8 I'm done. They should offer 200-300 off of the next note too us. So far I'm not happy.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm a Note7 owner and I just bought the iPhone 7 plus. I never thought I would, but after returning a Note7 for the second time, I thought maybe I'll make a big change. I usually get a new phone every 2 years, so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm still a big Google guy, so I was curious to see how the iPhone would be with the Google products.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm a Note7 owner and I just bought the iPhone 7 plus. I never thought I would, but after returning a Note7 for the second time, I thought maybe I'll make a big change. I usually get a new phone every 2 years, so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm still a big Google guy, so I was curious to see how the iPhone would be with the Google products.
The iPhone7 does not work with Android wear!

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Please post back and let us know your honest opinion coming from the note 7. I've been android since the g1 so I'm totally interested in your feelings.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
surprised no one mentioned the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe. the 3 variants (Snapdragon 625, 820 or 821) should start shipping in the US in a couple weeks.

I was surprised the Zenfone 3 Deluxe was not on the list. Will be shipping at the end of the month (at least in the US).

I pre-ordered the Deluxe from Newegg, Snapdragon 820, 6GB RAM, 5.7" AMOLED display for $499.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I didn't like the iphone 7 home button so went with a 6s+ until the note 8 comes out.

May I ask what is it that you don't like the iPhone 7 home button? I was playing around with one and it felt weird and not as responsive like the previous iPhone home buttons. Just wondering if you experienced the same.

Thanks

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised the Zenfone 3 Deluxe was not on the list. Will be shipping at the end of the month (at least in the US).

I pre-ordered the Deluxe from Newegg, Snapdragon 820, 6GB RAM, 5.7" AMOLED display for $499.
Yeah the list was pretty amateur, huh?

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 to Note 5

So bought a 64GB Note 5 in white to tide me over till the Note 8 comes out; ZERO keyboard/UI lag.

Note 7 Stylus fits but is a TAD short. Also Note 7 0.7mm nibs DO WORK in Note 5 Stylus; I go thru them pretty fast. MY Note 5 only came with one hard nib; I had about a dozen from the 2 Note 7's.

Will miss the waterproofing, bigger battery, microsd card (I work in film industry I ALWAYS have about 200GB of media on my phone but I can deal for now), and styling but I prefer a flat screen anyways. Camera is 9/10 of Note 7; still pretty amazing. $250 off ebay.

Figured it's the closest thing to a Note 7 I could buy; so far, other than somewhat dated styling, no real differences I care about, though I will miss washing my phone off without concern, but I WON'T miss worrying about noxious fumes.

What is everyone else moving on to?

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Anyone switching to i phone 7? and why? Thanks

I switched. The last iphone I had was the 3GS, but there was no other android phone I wanted. The only one was the v20, but I had an G3 and I wasn't too fond if it. Figured I'd try it again after so many years.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to Note 5

$250 is a pretty good deal if you ask me. I may look into that myself. I really would miss the SD card slot myself but its a cheap alternative.

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

Had iPhone 7 plus in silver for 5 days... figured I give it a try. Had a 3G YEARS ago before android, during WinMo 6.0/6.1 days. Was cool then. Now it's too limited; feels like a kids toy. I work in advertising/film industry, and I have exceptional vision; iPhone 7 screen I can see the pixels, and frankly it's outdated tech. Was just going to keep it for higher resale till Note 8 comes out...

...returned it and bought a Note 5 off eBay, just came in today. 90% same experience as Note 7; Note 7 nibs work in Note 5 Stylus too fyi. I despise iOS even more now. GF kept her iPhone 7.

...for 3 days longer than myself. Her Note 5 arrives tomorrow hopefully. Both our N7's are going back to Best BUY tomorrow.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Switched to the 6S+, but lost my annual upgrade doing so. Considering exchanging it for the 7. Last iPhone was the 5S on iOS 7 or 8 so it's been nice exploring a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret