Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Sekkyoshi

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Can't/Won't do it....

Im at the sprint store right now. I looked at the s7 edge and the lg stylo.

No.

The note 7 is the best device since the sph-i330. If my note burns or sprint stops service, yeah but untill then......

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: I PHONE 7!

I switched from an iphone to a samsung/android to try it out. I found that i missed a lot of what iOS had to offer. i.e badge notification (why did I have to download a third party app for that). Notifications on iOS works so much better and is easier to read. Missed my photostream with my family and Facetime. Google duo is still in its infancy stage. The biggest miss i had was not having to "optimize" my iphone. iOS is a very solid and well polished OS that just works and makes enjoying the phone for what it is.

I will miss, however, the ability to customize my phone the way I want to. But that's just a small annoyance. I'd rather have a phone that is reliable, works all the time, and have a good, non exploding battery.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

I switched from an iphone to a samsung/android to try it out. I found that i missed a lot of what iOS had to offer. i.e badge notification (why did I have to download a third party app for that). Notifications on iOS works so much better and is easier to read. Missed my photostream with my family and Facetime. Google duo is still in its infancy stage. The biggest miss i had was not having to "optimize" my iphone. iOS is a very solid and well polished OS that just works and makes enjoying the phone for what it is.

I will miss, however, the ability to customize my phone the way I want to. But that's just a small annoyance. I'd rather have a phone that is reliable, works all the time, and have a good, non exploding battery.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

The button feels different and has less feedback because its not a real button, its simulated. There are settings to change to make it feel more realistic if one desires.

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Well with reluctance I am going back to the iPhone, just ordered the 7 plus to replace my replacement Note 7. I was a long time iPhone user and made the switch to Android because of the Note 7, now I'm going back to Apple. I'll save one of my upgrades maybe for the Note 8, if/when that comes out and gets good reviews.

kadinldg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to Note 5

I bought the Note 5 also off eBay. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Question for you, can I just use the Sim card from the Note 7 in the Note 5 or does that have to be returned?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Wished I would have kept mine now traded it in for the 7. Waiting for the LG V20 in a couple of weeks. Something new to hold me over till next summer and upgrade again.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Had iPhone 7 plus in silver for 5 days... figured I give it a try. Had a 3G YEARS ago before android, during WinMo 6.0/6.1 days. Was cool then. Now it's too limited; feels like a kids toy. I work in advertising/film industry, and I have exceptional vision; iPhone 7 screen I can see the pixels, and frankly it's outdated tech. Was just going to keep it for higher resale till Note 8 comes out...

...returned it and bought a Note 5 off eBay, just came in today. 90% same experience as Note 7; Note 7 nibs work in Note 5 Stylus too fyi. I despise iOS even more now. GF kept her iPhone 7.

...for 3 days longer than myself. Her Note 5 arrives tomorrow hopefully. Both our N7's are going back to Best BUY tomorrow.
Funny because I have excellent vision and I can't see the pixels on the iPhone without a magnifying glass. Actually there were recent tests that showed the iPhone screen retina was better of not showing the pixels like the note 7 did.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Going from my N3 > N4 > N5, I couldn't wait for the Note 7 to have an SD card again. Had my Note 5 almost set up to give to my husband. He has my N4 & my 79 yr old Mom (exceptionally techy <3 ) has my Note 3. Was about to "upgrade" the two of them and sell the N3. Something made me procrastinate finishing for him, luckily. Will be going back to my N5, very, very begrudgingly. I even had ordered that as my loaner, but the replacements came a day or so after the N7 replacement arrived, so I returned it without activating it. Cranky :/

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I switched, not to the 7 but the 6S Plus. Cheaper, and most importantly, available! Never used iOS before and to me, the transition was much less painful than I was anticipating. Google services work well on iOS, the iOS 10 features are nice, and the default apps work great for what I need them for.

There are trade offs that go both ways, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say it's better or worse, just different. A lot to like, and a lot of my iOS prejudices have been eliminated.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Stuck with iTunes

No file drag and drop

No themes

Less video codecs

No Flash

No OTG

No sd slot

No cool emulators

No Brutal Doom

No way

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

No Way in Hel* am I going back to a Iphone.
Hate the operating system.
And They don't have O.K. Google or worst of all.
They don't have a Back Key.