Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't/Won't do it....

The LG Stylo is a mid range device, not flagship. Think of the S7 or S7E as a 4 month loaner device. If you absolutely need a stylus, get the Note5. You're just putting off the inevitable.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: I PHONE 7!

The iBezel 7 plus has no fast wireless charging or fast charging no expandable storage no MST/NFC for payment no 1440p display no customization at all no Nova prime no headphone jack. Not worth 800$ at all. I like my phone to look and run how I like it not how Tim crook likes it.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Seriously thinking to switch. I want the stylus but Note series seems to be only one that has it.
During the Hurricane we evacuated and in the poor coverage area (AT&T) where we were my wife could get a signal where my Note3 got nada.

I searched this to no end a few weeks ago trying to see if there were any advantages between the S7/S7E & iPhone 6s/7 in terms of call reception/signal. The reason was that it was for a person who lives a little off of the beaten path, also on ATT. In every test or piece of data I could find always pointed to the S7/E variants slightly better in actual dbm.

There was also a review showing the same in a S7/Ip7 comparison video & they have edited that section out. Weird.
Regardless, just thought I'd point that out since few actually discuss the devices being used as an actual phone. :p

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I switched to an IP7+ whenever I get it in. I may order a LG V20 or Pixel XL to have as a spare and play.

Be sure & check out the Cellular specs, i.e. what frequency bands are in the specs. Here is the V20:

LG V20 specs

Compare those against the Note 7 and the iPhone. The iPhone has way more capability, as does the Note 7. This means if you travel out of country, a limited number of Bands means the phone won't work on their cell system. :)

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I went off the rails and got a 6s plus. I didn't want to wait the six to eight weeks I was told it was going take to get a 7 plus. This is my first iPhone. Today was my first full day with it and, to be honest.... I don't hate it. There currently aren't any Android phones out there or, upcoming that I wanted. They all just seem meh compared to the note 7. The note 7
pretty much ticked all the boxes for me so,
I just decided to try something completely different rather than settle for something that's similar but, just can't quite measure up to the note 7.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Still mad about having to return my Note 7 but I don't wanna be stuck to the Sprint contract I signed to get this device so found a decent solution. Found a Silver S7 Edge on Swappa Brand New, only opened to take pics for $535 out the door. About $75 more than what I paid for the Note 7 with contract but at least I should have my eligibility reinstated when I return my Note 7 for what I paid and be able to upgrade to the 8 series Note for a contract price or installments, sprint said if I kept this contract I wouldn't be eligible to upgrade via installments when the new series comes out.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

The iBezel 7 plus has no fast wireless charging or fast charging no expandable storage no MST/NFC for payment no 1440p display no customization at all no Nova prime no headphone jack. Not worth 800$ at all. I like my phone to look and run how I like it not how Tim crook likes it.
Actually it does just not advertised. Use an iPad charger and it charges full from 180 minutes to 130 minutes.

It has nfc for payments. Apple pay. 1440 not really needed on that size of display. Note 7 and it side by side hard to tell the difference.

Headphone jack is gone on the next Galaxy s8. Get use to it. Quality = digital not analog signals.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I chose to try the 256gb iPhone 7 black matte thru verizon. It shipped this morning. So guess I'll find out for the first time how IPhone is. But I know I'll be back for another note.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

2 of mine is part of the five. Not buy a Crapple watch. Had iPhone in the past. No Customization and it does not work with my watches. Staying with Android!
Cry much? I like both and respect both. Both have their positives and negatives. Android stuff works well with android phones like Apple stuff works well with their stuff.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

Actually it does just not advertised. Use an iPad charger and it charges full from 180 minutes to 130 minutes.

It has nfc for payments. Apple pay. 1440 not really needed on that size of display. Note 7 and it side by side hard to tell the difference.

Headphone jack is gone on the next Galaxy s8. Get use to it. Quality = digital not analog signals.

That's funny about the iPad charger. I have an iPad air 2 and the charger is one of those annoying ones that take up two outlets. Still will be a few years till they can figure out how to make it smaller. Apple pay works hardly anywhere. I can't even remember the last time I used a card to pay since using Samsung pay. And 1440p is a lot better unless your blind. Apple only ditched the headphone jack out of greed. They can't make money off it. They get paid for the stupid lightning connector which does not even sound better. The headphone jack is still useful I hope it stays on the S8. IPhone's are just good mid range devices sold at flagship prices cause they have a shiny apple emblem with a bite taken out of it on the back.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

No iPhone here. My friends who have had it can barely text now that they have switched to Android. Imessage has really screwed their phone number

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude