Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Best Buy Incentives?
I bought my GN7 @ BY & have Verizon .

I’m giving up on the stylus. No other phone with a stylus has the features I want.
I would like to have a 5.7” display like my GN7 but would accept 5.5”
I must be able to use my “free" 256 GB micro SD card. (Rules out Google XL, iPhone 7Plus, Galaxy Note 5)
I’m giving up water proof

I narrowed down my choices for replacement phone to:

LG V20

Moto Z Force Droid

Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge

Any incentives or freebies if buy any of these phones? If so, will I still get it if I exchange GN7 for that phone?

I already know Samsung offers $50 if switch to S7e or $25 if switch to different brand phone. (With a bunch of caveats) I’m ignoring the Samsung incentives since I know I will never receive them just as I never received the 1st $25 for my 1st exchange of GN7. (Yes, spend much time on phone with Samsung, BBY & Verizon to no avail! Each blames the other)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:
I paid $864 + 68.69 tax for GN7 T= $932.69

From BBY website Verizon models:
LGV20 $672

Moto Z Force Droid $724 & 624(both listed wi different SKU & with 32GB int memory?)
I wonder if misprint & the $724 is really for 64GB int. Memory?

S7e $792

Am I correct in assuming that I will receive the difference in cash back including tax when I exchange? (I paid in full up front for my GN7 since I have Verizon prepaid)

So with 7.95% tax

LG V20 $725.42 <932.69> = $207.27 refund
Moto Z Force Droid $781.56 <932.69> = $151.13 refund
Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge = $854.96 <932.69> = $$77.73 refund
Anyone already get credit or refund & are there any hidden fees or something I’m wrong about that makes my anticipated refund WRONG?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it, the Note 5 is basically a Note 4 with out a replaceable battery and without memory expansion. You are stuck with 32 gb of memory for the Verizon version and once the battery starts loosing capacity over time you have to live with it. I have 288 gb of memory to use. My daughter has a Note 5 and she has to keep moving here photos off to make more space.

What benefit or feature do you like in the Note 5 over the Note 4?
You can have the Note 5 battery replaced.
Nitems 5 come in 32gb storage and 64 gb storage.
Take yer pick.
Note 5 also has a better screen .

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy Incentives?
I bought my GN7 @ BY & have Verizon .

I’m giving up on the stylus. No other phone with a stylus has the features I want.
I would like to have a 5.7” display like my GN7 but would accept 5.5”
I must be able to use my “free" 256 GB micro SD card. (Rules out Google XL, iPhone 7Plus, Galaxy Note 5)
I’m giving up water proof

I narrowed down my choices for replacement phone to:

LG V20

Moto Z Force Droid

Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge

Any incentives or freebies if buy any of these phones? If so, will I still get it if I exchange GN7 for that phone?

I already know Samsung offers $50 if switch to S7e or $25 if switch to different brand phone. (With a bunch of caveats) I’m ignoring the Samsung incentives since I know I will never receive them just as I never received the 1st $25 for my 1st exchange of GN7. (Yes, spend much time on phone with Samsung, BBY & Verizon to no avail! Each blames the other)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:
I paid $864 + 68.69 tax for GN7 T= $932.69

From BBY website Verizon models:
LGV20 $672

Moto Z Force Droid $724 & 624(both listed wi different SKU & with 32GB int memory?)
I wonder if misprint & the $724 is really for 64GB int. Memory?

S7e $792

Am I correct in assuming that I will receive the difference in cash back including tax when I exchange? (I paid in full up front for my GN7 since I have Verizon prepaid)

So with 7.95% tax

LG V20 $725.42 <932.69> = $207.27 refund
Moto Z Force Droid $781.56 <932.69> = $151.13 refund
Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge = $854.96 <932.69> = $$77.73 refund
Anyone already get credit or refund & are there any hidden fees or something I’m wrong about that makes my anticipated refund WRONG?
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Compare the screens and options.
Or can you wait.

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Compare the screens and options.
Or can you wait.
I'm comparing now. Have seem S7e & Moto ZFD but unable to see LGV20 @ 2 BBY stores.
I am next looking for reviews comparing the cameras on these 3. Not just specs but actually hands on reviews. (May not be able to find with V20 yet)
I just did a test photo comparing my 2002 Casio Elixim Z850 camera with the GN7. GN7 photo looked better.
So, I know the S7e =GN7 camera & will be reading camera reviews/tests S7e vs. Moto ZFD later tonight.

BTW, I love my GN7 & will really miss it & resent all the the spent on 2 exchanges & having to re-research phones again but....2 things I will NOT miss when I change:
1) curved screen preventing use of good TG screen protector! (reviews are very bad for TGSP with curved screens)

2) Samsung Smart Switch. I still have problems backing up with it hanging @ 86%. Also much more of a pain to move files back & forth phone to Mac. I think with Moto, I plug into Mac & SD card recognized as mass storage device just like a flash drive. Hope that is also true with LG.

Not sure how I will back up entire phone, especially internal storage with all settings as well as contacts, etc. to my Mac with Moto to LG. I will have "Cloud" &/or Verizon backup for contacts but prefer to be able to back up directly to my computer for everything else. Not sure this is possible. With my GN7 using the buggy Smart Switch, it backed up most but not all settings, still had to redo some after my 1st GN7 exchange.

Abdalla Khalafalla

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Still struggling to get my refund for the note 7. requested early in september, only to get a refund for the cover $69, but no news about my phone refund even after 9 recorded phone calls.
they all escalate to a big black hole in samsung.
probably you are right, waiting till note 8 is released and I will have no option but to get it for my money.
i already got my Pixel phone.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The way I see it, the Note 5 is basically a Note 4 with out a replaceable battery and without memory expansion. You are stuck with 32 gb of memory for the Verizon version and once the battery starts loosing capacity over time you have to live with it. I have 288 gb of memory to use. My daughter has a Note 5 and she has to keep moving here photos off to make more space.

The note five has a better screen, better look and better camera. Yes, you get removable battery in the note 4 but the note 5 is better.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

When I turned in my note 7.
I went looking for note 5 64GB.
I called and emailed and texted over the 40 people.
Found one guy at a business with 4 phone's..drove 90 miles to him
Both me and a buddy wanted one
George was left with 1 note 5 32 gb.
And one note 4 32 gb
I got the Note 5..it has a better platform than the note 4. The Note 4 has a little bigger ah battery.
My buddy got the Note 4.

I would pay 150.00 more for a note 5 that for a note 4.
If all he had would of been a note 4. I wouldn't of got a phone
Screen display on the Note 5 is a lot plainer too.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 is a nice phone.
But with the advancement of the note 5 Wow.

Remember the note 5 works with wireless charging too.
The note 4 don't.

I really like wireless charging myself.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Switched back to my s6 and it is so hot all the time. It constantly says battery Temp is around 105. My note 7 on the other hand never gets above 93 degrees
That's concerning, I would contact Samsung Support on Twitter I contacted them for help with my Note 7 and they were really quick to respond. My Note 7 only got that hot twice and it was because I had app updates set to wifi only and I never use wifi so I ended up having 97 updates at once and I was using wifi hotspot at the same time.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
That's concerning, I would contact Samsung Support on Twitter I contacted them for help with my Note 7 and they were really quick to respond. My Note 7 only got that hot twice and it was because I had app updates set to wifi only and I never use wifi so I ended up having 97 updates at once and I was using wifi hotspot at the same time.
That's glad to know.
But a lot of folks I know have limited data. So it's important they have it to updates on wifi only.
Another reason to turn programs off you don't use.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm comparing now. Have seem S7e & Moto ZFD but unable to see LGV20 @ 2 BBY stores.
I am next looking for reviews comparing the cameras on these 3. Not just specs but actually hands on reviews. (May not be able to find with V20 yet)
I just did a test photo comparing my 2002 Casio Elixim Z850 camera with the GN7. GN7 photo looked better.
So, I know the S7e =GN7 camera & will be reading camera reviews/tests S7e vs. Moto ZFD later tonight.

BTW, I love my GN7 & will really miss it & resent all the the spent on 2 exchanges & having to re-research phones again but....2 things I will NOT miss when I change:
1) curved screen preventing use of good TG screen protector! (reviews are very bad for TGSP with curved screens)

2) Samsung Smart Switch. I still have problems backing up with it hanging @ 86%. Also much more of a pain to move files back & forth phone to Mac. I think with Moto, I plug into Mac & SD card recognized as mass storage device just like a flash drive. Hope that is also true with LG.

Not sure how I will back up entire phone, especially internal storage with all settings as well as contacts, etc. to my Mac with Moto to LG. I will have "Cloud" &/or Verizon backup for contacts but prefer to be able to back up directly to my computer for everything else. Not sure this is possible. With my GN7 using the buggy Smart Switch, it backed up most but not all settings, still had to redo some after my 1st GN7 exchange.
I had issues with Smart Switch too but what I found is if you go into the menu and reinstall the USB driver it should fix it. Hope this helps 😊.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
That's glad to know.
But a lot of folks I know have limited data. So it's important they have it to updates on wifi only.
Another reason to turn programs off you don't use.
Ya I have unlimited data and I have been turning off a bunch of apps that I'm not using. I've noticed an increase in my battery life. 😊

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone seen this? Is it legit? http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...et-a-free-galaxy-s8-in-exchange-in-march.html

Here's another article similar findings but mentioned even if you choose to hold on to your Note 7:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...galaxy-s8-s8-plus-and-note-8-upon-release.htm

07818b2406d25d73a639582230ec71ca.jpg

Last edited:

valglbgl

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well finally ordered my V20 tonight. I get it Tuesday. I'm disappointed in the whole diabolical of the Note7 but I'm moving on and if tge SGN8 comes out I still have an upgrade on my account.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Well finally ordered my V20 tonight. I get it Tuesday. I'm disappointed in the whole diabolical of the Note7 but I'm moving on and if tge SGN8 comes out I still have an upgrade on my account.
I've had my V20 for less than 24 hours and I'm honestly very impressed with the build quality and screen.

Granted its not a Note 7 but for now it's a very good alternate if not the best at the moment IMHO.

It's funny how many of us former Note 7 owners are now on the V20 threads. I cannot and will not speak for them but I believe the majority of us are very pleased

I'll keep my eyes open for news on the S8s abd whatever the Note will be next year ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek