Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The reason I use a Note is the S-Pen - and none of those has a place to keep a stylus internally. But unless Samsung does a MAJOR about-face, I'm done with them.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll comment in... OnePlus3 and ZTE Axon 7. I think those have most of the basic flagship specs in processor and memory. The rest of the specs can be compareable to the pluses and minuses of the other flagships because each one doesn't have the perfect spec list (For example, ZTE is noted to have a quality DAC over others while Samsung may not have the best audio but they have the best camera).

And at $400 they probably beat all on value! So much so I really have a hard time justifying the prices from a S7/Edge over those if I'm going to go Android and Companies like Samsung and LG have show why their phones cost $700-800 dollars. Note 7 has one-of-a-kind features which make it an exception at THAT level.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll comment in... OnePlus3 and ZTE Axon 7. I think those have most of the basic flagship specs in processor and memory. The rest of the specs can be compareable to the pluses and minuses of the other flagships because each one doesn't have the perfect spec list (For example, ZTE is noted to have a quality DAC over others while Samsung may not have the best audio but they have the best camera).

And at $400 they probably beat all on value! So much so I really have a hard time justifying the prices from a S7/Edge over those if I'm going to go Android and Companies like Samsung and LG have show why their phones cost $700-800 dollars. Note 7 has one-of-a-kind features which make it an exception at THAT level.

I pulled the trigger on the Axon 7 yesterday...got it at best buy for $360 plus tax (10% if you used a BB credit card to pay)...hopefully the camera will be acceptable. If not, I will pay the $35 return fee and just get an S7 Edge...

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Fortunately, I still have my Note 5, and I'm back to using it.

Note 7 is powered down. Gonna try to go get a refund sometime this week.

It is sad.. cause that N7 was AWESOME!!! I dont think ive ever loved a phone so much lol!! The only thing that comes close for me is my Note 5. So that's what I'm going with for now.

Not a bad way to go though.. NOTE 5 is still an extremely nice phone! :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon folks, come on over to Moto Mods and the Moto Z Force DROID.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on the Axon 7 yesterday...got it at best buy for $360 plus tax (10% if you used a BB credit card to pay)...hopefully the camera will be acceptable. If not, I will pay the $35 return fee and just get an S7 Edge...
Let us know! Very interested in shutter speed and low light quality

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking for new note 4's. Of course used ones have weak batteries and may well have problems. Most recent update borked battery life in many

Someone recently posted that they have had luck finding deals on OEM Note 4 batteries. Think it was Synycalwon but I could be wrong.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I was just looking for new note 4's. Of course used ones have weak batteries and may well have problems. Most recent update borked battery life in many
The good thing with the Note4 is you can replace the battery yourself, you won't be able to do that with Note5.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After much hand wringing and soul searching, I think I'm going to get a Note 5. It's the only Note I never purchased since the Note 2 because it didn't have an SD card but I can't live without an SPen. Kill me now.... 😢😢😢😢

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After much hand wringing and soul searching, I think I'm going to get a Note 5. It's the only Note I never purchased since the Note 2 because it didn't have an SD card but I can't live without an SPen. Kill me now.... 😢😢😢😢
It's the 3000mah battery that bothers me. I hqve no problem with 64gb. It's plenty for me

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It's the 3000mah battery that bothers me. I hqve no problem with 64gb. It's plenty for me
I wish Samsung would speak up and make this a little less painful. Give us something for being loyal through two recalls. A voucher for the next device or something. $25 ain't cutting it. I'm just so over this. :(

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I wish Samsung would speak up and make this a little less painful. Give us something for being loyal through two recalls. A voucher for the next device or something. $25 ain't cutting it. I'm just so over this. :(

Would be nice if they offer a incentive to switch to the S7 Edge. Maybe a $100 Samsung gift card or a Samsung Pay promo.