12-09-2016 12:30 AM
128 123 ...
tools
    Now that the Galaxy Note 7 has departed this world for good, what were some of your happiest times with it ?
    10-10-2016 07:52 PM
    Taking notes with the Samsung Notes app and watching it flawlessly convert to type font. I took tons of notes as if I were writing on paper. Also, I loved the water color paint brush and how it would pick up other colors and mix them as if I were painting on a canvas. Those were happier times, before Samsung bent me over a barrel and pulverized me.
    10-10-2016 07:55 PM
    Those were happier times, before Samsung bent me over a barrel and pulverized me.
    I lol so hard at a visual! I could see a guy in a Yankees jersey kicking his feet while bent over a barrel!

If it's actually gone, I'd miss screen off memo. I love that so much. And the calligraphy pen. Everything associated with the s pen.
    10-10-2016 08:00 PM
    Making GIFs and taking notes with the S Pen.

Also using said Pen to edit photos.
    10-10-2016 08:03 PM
    Took it on 2 vacations so far and had excellent photos. Having the spen when I need to take notes at work has been great. The overall fit and finish just feels great to me.
    Note4Ever likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:03 PM
    I lol so hard at a visual! I could see a guy in a Yankees jersey kicking his feet while bent over a barrel!

If it's actually gone, I'd miss screen off memo. I love that so much. And the calligraphy pen. Everything associated with the s pen.
    Rockies jersey
    10-10-2016 08:10 PM
    Photos photos photos. And videos too. That 60 fps is godlike.
    Voxelflinger likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:34 PM
    Going to San Antonio and for the first time ever using a phone in the water. Used the pool at the hotel and me and my friend took pictures and videos underwater. It was so much fun and something I didn't think I'd ever do. Didn't dunk or play missile with the phone but submerged it and just used it in the water without worry.

This was on the exploding one that was recalled. Great pictures from that trip and amazing pictures ever since. Samsung Photosphere is so much better then Google too. And I love my s pen . Don't want to give up my replacement. Samsung needs to make this right somehow
    Oscar Maradiaga and wkemp21 like this.
    10-10-2016 08:36 PM
    Going to San Antonio and for the first time ever using a phone in the water. Used the pool at the hotel and me and my friend took pictures and videos underwater. It was so much fun and something I didn't think I'd ever do. Didn't dunk or play missile with the phone but submerged it and just used it in the water without worry.

This was on the exploding one that was recalled. Great pictures from that trip and amazing pictures ever since. Samsung Photosphere is so much better then Google too. And I love my s pen . Don't want to give up my replacement. Samsung needs to make this right somehow
    I feel the same way. When I called Sprint on September 19th and they told me they had my replacement device. I quickly drove to the store excited and happy. Greatest note ever so far. But I have noticed its been draining my battery a lot more then usual and its heating up faster then before. I don't know I uninstalled a couple of apps that seemed to be draining my battery but still very disappointed to hear of the coming news of this phone.
    10-10-2016 08:57 PM
    The best memory was when my note 7 and I went to L.A. for our honeymoon. Great times but now I must move on. RIP
    Fobbers likes this.

I feel the same way. When I called Sprint on September 19th and they told me they had my replacement device. I quickly drove to the store excited and happy. Greatest note ever so far. But I have noticed its been draining my battery a lot more then usual and its heating up faster then before. I don't know I uninstalled a couple of apps that seemed to be draining my battery but still very disappointed to hear of the coming news of this phone.
    Did I miss something? Has Samsung officially pulled the pin on the Note7?
    10-10-2016 09:56 PM
    They told everyone to power down
    10-10-2016 09:58 PM
    I missed the screen and beautiful body of note 7. I liked the multi tasking and LOVE the camera quality.
    G6400 likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:00 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Yhy9vcfI

"Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with an original Galaxy Note7 or a replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and contact the carrier or retail outlet where you purchased your Galaxy Note7."

In other words.. stop using the device immediately.... call where you purchased it for options. Considering that all carriers are only providing exchanges for other (non N7) phones or (in some cases) providing an option for a refund, there is no option to obtain another replacement N7...

Add to this - there are reports now where Samsung is updating some apps limiting it on the N7... (oculus)
    10-10-2016 10:18 PM
    They told everyone to power down
    Not here in Australia. I just visited their website here, says nothing about powering down, just that they were looking into the new reports .
    10-10-2016 10:18 PM
    Making gifs, using Samsung pay at a mom and pop restaurant
    wkemp21 likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:19 PM
    The camera is fantastic, so much so that I rarely ever use my Canon 70D with all the various lenses anymore. I love having the s pen for quick note taking and for doing screen shots of things I dislike on facebook and writing all over them before sending to friends and family. I will miss having 256gigs of Extra memory. I will miss it's size and feel in my hand. I've not loved a phone this completely since ...well never. I loved snapping it into the VR headset and exploring new worlds (thanks Oculus for disabling that so damned quick! ) I loved it all. Now I'm struck with not knowing which phone to get until something great emerges again.
    10-10-2016 10:20 PM
    The great low light pics, amazing battery life in HD mode and all the other stuff posted here. This is probably my last Samsung device. Had the S4, Note 4 and this. Unless they bring back replaceable batteries, I am done. Trust destroyed with me and I'm an admitted Note 7 fanboy.

Samsung needs to rethink, but my guess is the same leadership bubble will find a way to F up the next devices too. This is beyond the term Fail.

Of course they will stick with sealed batteries. Bye bye Samsung. Your QC sucks bad a$$.
    10-10-2016 10:30 PM
    everything but especially the S-Pen I was finally getting figured out
    10-10-2016 10:36 PM
    I loved the s-pen but I really loved the camera, how great it was at taking lowlight fast pix of my 17 month old grandson, and that feature where you could hit the little icon and you got a couple seconds of video just before the picture. Sigh, feeling sad.
    jordankreationz likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:40 PM
    I'm going to miss the bright screen, the great photos, and the battery life. This season truly sucks. This was going to be the phone that I would have kept more than 2 years . I'm also going to miss the Aod screen. I love looking at my 1 year old nephew's pic with the screen off.
    10-10-2016 10:40 PM
    I loved having the option of taking notes on the screen without turning the screen on. I also was really impressed with the low-light pictures. My Note7 took some really great pictures outside during twilight, and the photos actually looked like what I was seeing.

I won't miss not being able to find a decent TGSP, though.
    10-10-2016 10:43 PM
    Where do I start? . The gorgeous coral blue with gold metal accent? Turned heads and garnered at least two compliments a week in public or at work. Using the S-Pen? It was my first Note device, and I quickly got addicted to jotting down notes with it at meetings and making animated GIFs on the fly. The always on display? I had been used to this feature (and wireless charging) since 2012 with my Nokia Lumias (fantastic devices btw, can't way to see Nokia's Android offerings) but the Note7 absolutely perfected this feature.

I could go on and on... this was the best, most complete smartphone ever. I guess, in the end, it was just too good to be true.

Oh well... I'll give this investigation one or two weeks (I'm in denial, basically) for the off chance that they can pinpoint a bad batch or two, then it's back to my S7 Edge, which is a pretty damn good device in its own right.
    Sleepwlkr45 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:21 PM
    Finally I got a phone which I feel looks nicer than iPhone, with top notch performance and enviable features, good battery life/sceen and camera. As if not good enough, touchwiz was upgraded to the new gorgeous Grace UI, ditching the old touchwiz UI that I hated

In short, just the best phone I ever used.

And this thing has to happen. FML
    10-10-2016 11:34 PM
128 123 ...