10-14-2016 08:33 AM
56 123
tools
    I doubt I will, but if I do I'm staying away from the forums! This whole experience was a drama filled hassle here lol. I'm sure it happens every major release, but I've never seen so much bad behavior on any of the Mobile Nations sites as I have in the Note 7 forums. Starting from the pre-order phase all the way up to the untimely cancellation, the Mods had their hands full.

Forum rant aside, I just don't see the advantage of doing it.

1. Most Android phones don't have Apple's self imposed over-hyped demand increasing shady launch day supply shortages, and are available on launch day at any of the gabillion T-Mobile stores around my town.

2. Manufacturer spifs and incentives are available for at least a couple weeks after launch so there's no advantage there

3. The stress and anxiety of 'will I get mine early? Hey, how come yours came and mine didn't and I ordered 34 seconds before you???' is ridiculous

4. I'm too old for this $#it lol
    I have seen worse behavior in the past here on the forums, dating back several years.
    10-12-2016 10:02 AM
    I don't think I'll pre-order again. I may see how new phones go for a month or two first...will see
    10-12-2016 10:06 AM
    I'm not sure. This is the first time I've ever preordered a phone or even gotten a phone the same year it was released. It was nice to get it shipped to me and not have to deal with the in store processes, but the replacement process and fact that I now need to return it again, kind of renders that moot.

I'm undecided whether I'll preorder again.
    10-12-2016 10:36 AM
    I have never pre-ordered a phone - I just walk into the store on release day and buy one.

Too many horror stories from people who pre-ordered and end up getting their phones after everyone else. What's the point of that?
    To ensure you get one and in the color you want. Not sure about the stores around you but I'm in the eastside area of Seattle and the stores around here only got 5-9 on launch day because the pre-order demand was so high. It took two of my co-workers almost 2 weeks to get theirs, they finally gave up with trying to walk into a store and ordered one over the phone.
    10-12-2016 10:41 AM
    The note 7 was the first preorder I've done. I usually wait a couple months before getting new phones. After this experience, I don't think I will.
    Same here....I always wait for a couple of months before ordering and am not normally one to be an early adopter of the latest new tech. This is the first phone I've ever pre-ordered. The Note 7 was replacing my old Note 3 so I was long overdue for an upgrade. I did get the Gear Fit 2 with it so that was nice. Looks like I will be getting a Silver Note 5 with 64GB and wait till the next new flagship phone from Samsung has been out for a few months and see how it goes. I wont pre-order unless Samsung decides to really sweeten the deal for us.
    10-12-2016 10:42 AM
    I've already preordered for the Note 8 and beyond.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-12-2016 10:43 AM
    I've already preordered for the Note 8 and beyond.
    10-12-2016 10:45 AM
    Never have pre-ordered, probably never will. I have no loyalty to any certain oem. I Waite on the reviews and choose whichever phone best fills my wants and needs .
    10-12-2016 10:48 AM
    Unless some good preorder bling like 256gb sd cards, no preorders for me.
    10-12-2016 11:30 AM
    I have never pre-ordered a phone - I just walk into the store on release day and buy one.

Too many horror stories from people who pre-ordered and end up getting their phones after everyone else. What's the point of that?
    This is the main reason I pre-order...to stay out of the stores. What a huge waste of time. Standing in line behind people just paying their bills and asking dumb questions like how to turn the ringer volume louder. Not to mention, some of the clueless people there that need to call a manager about everything. No thanks!
    athenatp likes this.
    10-12-2016 11:41 AM
    I'm going to pre-order again. I always have, and I always will. I honestly haven't spent much extra time on the phone or in stores because of this. While everybody else was freaking out trying to get "the danger" out of their house immediately. I just waited and happily continued to use my phone. Then once the information had disseminated to the reps, I walked in and was out in less than 10 minutes.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-12-2016 12:03 PM
    I wanna pre order the NOTE 8 RIGHT NOW!

Take my money Samsung ! Your note series has been awesome - with the exception of the NOTE 5
    10-12-2016 01:49 PM
    maybe they will name the next one The Note 6
    10-12-2016 01:56 PM
    I will preorder once a new Note is announced.
    10-12-2016 02:58 PM
    I will preorder once a new Note is announced.
    Absolutely will too
    10-12-2016 03:14 PM
    I won't pre order anymore. I got burned and still waiting for a refund for tmobile on my original Note 7. Tmobile refund process for orders is jacked up.

I will wait a month or two next time for the reviews so I don't get burned again. Plus all the anxiety of waiting for days wondering if my phone has been shipped yet.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:20 PM
    Just pre ordered a V20 so I suppose I deserve the torture if the next phone in bunk too!
    10-12-2016 03:33 PM
    Just pre ordered a V20 so I suppose I deserve the torture if the next phone in bunk too!
    Let us know when it comes in. Would like to hear some reviews on it.
    10-12-2016 03:39 PM
    This is the first time I pre-ordered something. I'm usually the wait and see type of guy, but having the S7 Edge and seeing how great the phone was, I was eagerly waiting for the Note version of it. Also, since I really liked the sPen experience with my older Note Edge phone the announcement of the Note 7 gave me the impulse to go for it. I got the Note 7 a day before release in stores and also got the free 256 micro SD card. I may think twice next time as the Note 7 fiasco left me with bad taste in my mouth.
    10-12-2016 03:40 PM
    I will only pre-order if there is a promotion.
    10-12-2016 05:29 PM
    I WISH I had Pre-ordered sooner, a few days earlier than I did. Forget missing out on a free Gear VR, I missed out on ever receiving my Note 7! And IF I ever did get it, barring any obvious anomalies I would have kept it and not returned it! Well, IF I had 100% battery charge, not 60%
    10-12-2016 05:43 PM
    I came from a Note 4 which I got three months after launch and this is one of the first ones I pre-ordered. I usually always wait a few months just to make sure the phone is good but I had SO MUCH FAITH in Samsung that I didn't think anything like this would happen. I think I'll go back to just waiting around a few weeks after a new device drops. I will say that the promotions are what made me want to pre-order at the time it was a gear fit 2 or 256gb SD card.
    10-12-2016 05:53 PM
    I never preorder anything in the first place. I was however an early adopter.

Never again.
    10-12-2016 08:26 PM
    I will pre-order if its a phone I like....n I will pre-order any Spen device that Samsung will make.
    10-12-2016 09:37 PM
    It's not really pre-ordering, but you mean early adopting, right? The single freak misfortune certainly doesn't scare we away from pre-orders. Even though I haven't really pre-ordered much the last few times, I got all my previous Samsung phones at or near launch and have never had an issue. If the 8 series has the features I like, I will do as I did with the others and not be afraid to be an early adopter.
    10-12-2016 09:49 PM
56 123