Who will never pre order again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I won't pre order anymore. I got burned and still waiting for a refund for tmobile on my original Note 7. Tmobile refund process for orders is jacked up.

I will wait a month or two next time for the reviews so I don't get burned again. Plus all the anxiety of waiting for days wondering if my phone has been shipped yet.

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
This is the first time I pre-ordered something. I'm usually the wait and see type of guy, but having the S7 Edge and seeing how great the phone was, I was eagerly waiting for the Note version of it. Also, since I really liked the sPen experience with my older Note Edge phone the announcement of the Note 7 gave me the impulse to go for it. I got the Note 7 a day before release in stores and also got the free 256 micro SD card. I may think twice next time as the Note 7 fiasco left me with bad taste in my mouth.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I WISH I had Pre-ordered sooner, a few days earlier than I did. Forget missing out on a free Gear VR, I missed out on ever receiving my Note 7! And IF I ever did get it, barring any obvious anomalies I would have kept it and not returned it! Well, IF I had 100% battery charge, not 60%

Dennelly

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 which I got three months after launch and this is one of the first ones I pre-ordered. I usually always wait a few months just to make sure the phone is good but I had SO MUCH FAITH in Samsung that I didn't think anything like this would happen. I think I'll go back to just waiting around a few weeks after a new device drops. I will say that the promotions are what made me want to pre-order at the time it was a gear fit 2 or 256gb SD card.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not really pre-ordering, but you mean early adopting, right? The single freak misfortune certainly doesn't scare we away from pre-orders. Even though I haven't really pre-ordered much the last few times, I got all my previous Samsung phones at or near launch and have never had an issue. If the 8 series has the features I like, I will do as I did with the others and not be afraid to be an early adopter.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Note 7 the moment it was up for pre-order.

I'll continue to do the same for the promotional offers. Hope this debacle also shines some light on the importance of good QC.

We have all been saying this, including me. I'm starting to think the fire issue is not a faulty component but some inherent design flaw. That when you use the phone under a particular set of circumstances, some stray current/voltage spike is generated. Samsung's engineers have not been able to recreate it and make a Note 7 catch fire.

Unfortunately, this is a lot harder to rectify than just a faulty component.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
As I mention before for the phone preorder is pretty much unknown for me but for accessories for the device.... I probably wont preorder those before I get the device...

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have never pre-ordered any phone. I don't change phones every year, so waiting a few months seems to be the sensible thing to do, given the possibility of a either hardware or software problems with a new product. Even if there aren't, I would imagine there is more consistent quality once a phone has been in production a while and there would be less of a chance in getting a defective unit.

In addition, it gives me a chance to hear from users about potential issues or limitations with a new phone. Finally, while there are some accessories available at release time for a new phone, more are available to select from if you wait.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would have had to wait until Nov to get the Note5 64 gig. I was in store Monday and got the 32 gig. Verizon told me I can order it but I now have it all set up and screen protector. I will just utilize cloud but am good. They are low on the 5 in my store and can only order the 64 gig. I have had since Monday. Nice phone so can say am happy until the next big one comes out.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I've preordered iPhones many times (better than standing in line) and this is the only bad experience I've had doing it so I would preorder again. This is unprecedented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech