Who will never pre order again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering because of this unprecedented product failure, are any of you sworn off from pre ordering again?

In my case, I am actually very confident that Samsung will learn their lessons and focus on quality control. If you think about, can you imagine if a 2nd Samsung phone faces this same crisis? In that case, you could genuinely say that it would ruin Samsung's mobile business. And Samsung knows it.

For these reasons, I would pre order with confidence. But I can understand if others wouldn't. So what say you?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I was just wondering because of this unprecedented product failure, are any of you sworn off from pre ordering again?

In my case, I am actually very confident that Samsung will learn their lessons and focus on quality control. If you think about, can you imagine if a 2nd Samsung phone faces this same crisis? In that case, you could genuinely say that it would ruin Samsung's mobile business. And Samsung knows it.

For these reasons, I would pre order with confidence. But I can understand if others wouldn't. So what say you?

Still got a kick *** gear fit 2 out of the pre order and got a chance to atleast try the latest phone and fall in love with the design and features. No regrets here!

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Those of us who pre ordered got the best experience. I got a $150 gift card from Sam's Club and a 256gb sd card from Samsung. And I got to experience the best phone of they year. I have no complaints except I probably won't be able to keep this phone. I empathize with Samsung on this and will still by their products in the future. Preordering this phone had absolutely no negative affects in my opinion.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't guarantee that no Samsung phone in the future will ever have a problem ever again.

Never preorder. Don't ride the hype train. At least wait for the reviews to come out before making a purchasing decision. I will admit that the Note case is unprecedented and will likely never occur again but that doesn't mean there aren't failing points in other areas.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have never pre-ordered a phone - I just walk into the store on release day and buy one.

Too many horror stories from people who pre-ordered and end up getting their phones after everyone else. What's the point of that? :confused:

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have never pre ordered a phone, just to get the free goodies either. I wait for the reviews and those of the actual users. Then I buy the phone to keep for two, or three plus years.

Many of the Note 7 pre order buyers got 'burnt' by the failed design. I watched the commotion and excitement of the pre order only to watch the process go down in flames. I feel for the buyers!

I think many will watch Samsung like a hawk from now on. The company let down the public.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I remember when I first got the Nexus 5 the initial batch of them had smaller speaker grills. Google fixed this afterwards by making them a bit bigger.

It wasn't really a defect but it's my way of relating to it.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I never did pre order before but that pre-order bonus made me =D lol... back when I picked up a 5s to upgrade from a HTC EVO it was either a week or a month after it was release .... I think cant remember =P. I just went in and ask about w/e model in 64gb and went got it. So unless there a enticing preorder bonus I wont preorder normally

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
N7 was my first and last preorder. Even tho I made out good with the freebies, I will never preorder again. Next time, I'll wait till the device in question has been out for a month or 2, and read reviews before pulling the trigger.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a good question the OP poses. I have to admit I am a little gun shy now about pre-ordering . Buying in the first day/week of availability also has the same ramifications of not knowing user experiences, so the question about waiting would apply to the folks who bought day 1 or week 1 as well..

I have usually ordered early, recently I started pre-ordering. I certainly don't "need" to pre-order or have everything Day 1 - but the urge is still there, right? :) This event may cause me to have a little more restraint and wait it out. Now, keep in mind that as I write this, I have pre-ordered the Pixel XL, so take this with a grain of salt :)

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm fixin to pre-order the Pixel XL. I am just waiting to time it out so I can return the Note 7 on the day I get my new phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I will pre-order stuff .. I did the Pixel XL the day it was available for pre-order (after the keynote) :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar