10-14-2016 08:33 AM
56 123
tools
    I was just wondering because of this unprecedented product failure, are any of you sworn off from pre ordering again?

In my case, I am actually very confident that Samsung will learn their lessons and focus on quality control. If you think about, can you imagine if a 2nd Samsung phone faces this same crisis? In that case, you could genuinely say that it would ruin Samsung's mobile business. And Samsung knows it.

For these reasons, I would pre order with confidence. But I can understand if others wouldn't. So what say you?
    10-12-2016 12:59 AM
    I was just wondering because of this unprecedented product failure, are any of you sworn off from pre ordering again?

In my case, I am actually very confident that Samsung will learn their lessons and focus on quality control. If you think about, can you imagine if a 2nd Samsung phone faces this same crisis? In that case, you could genuinely say that it would ruin Samsung's mobile business. And Samsung knows it.

For these reasons, I would pre order with confidence. But I can understand if others wouldn't. So what say you?
    Still got a kick *** gear fit 2 out of the pre order and got a chance to atleast try the latest phone and fall in love with the design and features. No regrets here!
    10-12-2016 01:45 AM
    Those of us who pre ordered got the best experience. I got a $150 gift card from Sam's Club and a 256gb sd card from Samsung. And I got to experience the best phone of they year. I have no complaints except I probably won't be able to keep this phone. I empathize with Samsung on this and will still by their products in the future. Preordering this phone had absolutely no negative affects in my opinion.
    10-12-2016 02:22 AM
    That doesn't guarantee that no Samsung phone in the future will ever have a problem ever again.

Never preorder. Don't ride the hype train. At least wait for the reviews to come out before making a purchasing decision. I will admit that the Note case is unprecedented and will likely never occur again but that doesn't mean there aren't failing points in other areas.
    10-12-2016 02:23 AM
    I have never pre-ordered a phone - I just walk into the store on release day and buy one.

Too many horror stories from people who pre-ordered and end up getting their phones after everyone else. What's the point of that?
    10-12-2016 04:08 AM
    I have never pre ordered a phone, just to get the free goodies either. I wait for the reviews and those of the actual users. Then I buy the phone to keep for two, or three plus years.

Many of the Note 7 pre order buyers got 'burnt' by the failed design. I watched the commotion and excitement of the pre order only to watch the process go down in flames. I feel for the buyers!

I think many will watch Samsung like a hawk from now on. The company let down the public.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    10-12-2016 04:14 AM
    Id do it again.
    10-12-2016 05:57 AM
    I'll be pre ordering the S8. It's how you get the best promotions.
    jlczl and athenatp like this.
    10-12-2016 06:20 AM
    I remember when I first got the Nexus 5 the initial batch of them had smaller speaker grills. Google fixed this afterwards by making them a bit bigger.

It wasn't really a defect but it's my way of relating to it.
    10-12-2016 06:26 AM
    Funny but the Note 7 was the first phone I had NOT pre-ordered !?!

I pre-ordered yet again just yesterday for the V20.
    10-12-2016 06:33 AM
    I never did pre order before but that pre-order bonus made me =D lol... back when I picked up a 5s to upgrade from a HTC EVO it was either a week or a month after it was release .... I think cant remember =P. I just went in and ask about w/e model in 64gb and went got it. So unless there a enticing preorder bonus I wont preorder normally
    10-12-2016 06:35 AM
    N7 was my first and last preorder. Even tho I made out good with the freebies, I will never preorder again. Next time, I'll wait till the device in question has been out for a month or 2, and read reviews before pulling the trigger.
    10-12-2016 07:11 AM
    I'll continue to pre-order with every new phone I decide to get.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:38 AM
    It's a good question the OP poses. I have to admit I am a little gun shy now about pre-ordering . Buying in the first day/week of availability also has the same ramifications of not knowing user experiences, so the question about waiting would apply to the folks who bought day 1 or week 1 as well..

I have usually ordered early, recently I started pre-ordering. I certainly don't "need" to pre-order or have everything Day 1 - but the urge is still there, right? :-) This event may cause me to have a little more restraint and wait it out. Now, keep in mind that as I write this, I have pre-ordered the Pixel XL, so take this with a grain of salt :-)
    10-12-2016 07:45 AM
    I'll preorder again
    10-12-2016 08:23 AM
    I will be ready and waiting to preorder the next beautiful S Pen phone.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:50 AM
    I'm fixin to pre-order the Pixel XL. I am just waiting to time it out so I can return the Note 7 on the day I get my new phone.
    10-12-2016 08:52 AM
    I will pre-order stuff .. I did the Pixel XL the day it was available for pre-order (after the keynote) .
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:53 AM
    I will try not to, but really depends on the promotion at that time
    10-12-2016 08:54 AM
    It depends on the preorder deals. But I might hesitate on pre buying- if that's a word-accesories for the phone.
    10-12-2016 08:57 AM
    Pre-Ordering didn't make my phone at risk of catching fire. That would be Samsung's fault. Hundreds of devices have gone through pre-orders with no issues. I don't see the correlation. Unless you're just saying if we hadn't pre-ordered, we would have been bystanders observing this whole deal, but even if I didn't pre-order I would have been in the store on 8/19 to pick it up.
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:00 AM
    The note 7 was the first preorder I've done. I usually wait a couple months before getting new phones. After this experience, I don't think I will.
    10-12-2016 09:05 AM
    I've never pre ordered anything.
    10-12-2016 09:08 AM
    Pre-ordered the Note 7 the moment it was up for pre-order.

I'll continue to do the same for the promotional offers. Hope this debacle also shines some light on the importance of good QC.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:48 AM
    I doubt I will, but if I do I'm staying away from the forums! This whole experience was a drama filled hassle here lol. I'm sure it happens every major release, but I've never seen so much bad behavior on any of the Mobile Nations sites as I have in the Note 7 forums. Starting from the pre-order phase all the way up to the untimely cancellation, the Mods had their hands full.

Forum rant aside, I just don't see the advantage of doing it.

1. Most Android phones don't have Apple's self imposed over-hyped demand increasing shady launch day supply shortages, and are available on launch day at any of the gabillion T-Mobile stores around my town.

2. Manufacturer spifs and incentives are available for at least a couple weeks after launch so there's no advantage there

3. The stress and anxiety of 'will I get mine early? Hey, how come yours came and mine didn't and I ordered 34 seconds before you???' is ridiculous

4. I'm too old for this [removed] lol
    10-12-2016 09:57 AM
56 123