Galaxy Note 7′s unfortunate demise reportedly caused by new battery flaw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So... if the above is found to be the reason for the explosions... not hard to see where it won't happen all at once... maybe triggered after a drop/bump or whatever...

Simple fix...better QC on assembly to make sure no pinching or find a new battery that actually fits within the space and re-release right?

Or if it requires a new battery and to make it fit they reduce the size to say 3000 mah. Would people be ok with that?
No but I would have been fine with a slightly larger phone. All phones are too thin.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If your camera is going to stick out anyway.. just make the entire device that thick... You're almost forcing me too buy a case since I'm paranoid I'm going to ding up the camera if I ever lay it on its back anyway...

This thinness race is causing issues.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
With the passing of a fantastic device, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, also known as just the Note 7, I ask for a moment of silence.
The Note 7 started out of the gate with a burst of speed only to quickly burn out. A torch in an othwise dark world, the Note 7 blazed a path and burned brightly. It was a short life indeed but we can all admit that the Note 7 went out in a blaze of glory. It's illumination will be missed by many.
Rest in peace Note 7.

Attachments

• 881.jpg
    881.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 284

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The corner thing does not add up. All failures so far pictured have shown a center area ignite point in the battery. This is typical of what Samsung published. A battery production issue and not a device assembly issue.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
This whole battery discussion is hard to swallow - with fast charging, how many of us would take a GN7 with a 3200 mah battery in order to keep that fantastic form factor and softwae experience - I'd bet it would be most of us here. Therefore, there has to be something else going wrong with this picture.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
ow many of us would take a GN7 with a 3200 mah battery in order to keep that fantastic form factor and softwae experience - I'd bet it would be most of us here.

Actually I expect the exact opposite is true.

How many of us here would take a slightly THICKER GN7 with a 3800 or 4000 mah battery, because it's already too damn thin anyway, and because adding 1 more mm of thickness is 100% worth 500 mah. It would be worth it for me, I bet it would be worth it for many here, and I really bet it would be worth it for the average consumer who wants their phone to last longer and couldn't care less if it is 7.9 mm or 8.9 mm thick

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't care which they would do for the phone. Thicker phone or smaller battery. I would still get the phone. As long as it lasts a full day of charge. And only need to charge it once a day. I'll be fine with that.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually I expect the exact opposite is true.

How many of us here would take a slightly THICKER GN7 with a 3800 or 4000 mah battery, because it's already too damn thin anyway, and because adding 1 more mm of thickness is 100% worth 500 mah. It would be worth it for me, I bet it would be worth it for many here, and I really bet it would be worth it for the average consumer who wants their phone to last longer and couldn't care less if it is 7.9 mm or 8.9 mm thick
Let it go. If the Note 7 had a bigger battery with even more battery life, or just makes losing the Note 7 all the more sad.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Let it go. If the Note 7 had a bigger battery with even more battery life, or just makes losing the Note 7 all the more sad.

Mine was a reply man. I have let it go. I ordered a Pixel XL already. :) I replied to a post saying people would be ok with smaller batteries if it made the phone even slimmer.

Last edited:

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If that was the case... maybe Samsung should have been "brave" and remove the headphone jack like Apple did... would have given more space for the battery :-\ (and maybe a better speaker area)

Headphone jacks are ancient Tech, I have used Bluetooth Headphones for the past 3 years. I laugh at fools with their Dr. Dre Beats getting all tangled up in cable wire. No headphone jack is a no brainer.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
While they may do this anyway, why would this be the first choice?

99% of the users would prefer the phone 1 mm thicker or wider or something. Way easier solution, and much more popular. That said, they appear to be headed in that stupid direction anyway (If Apple does it, well then, I guess Samsung must too :-/ ).

Because headphone jacks are a waste of space. I have been sporting Bluetooth headphones (Bluedio) for the past 3 years and can't for the life of me understand people when I see them getting all caught up in dangling cable. People would rather have $200 Dr. Dre Beats with cable wire than my audiophile Bluedios at a fraction of the price just because. Well they themselves don't know why. Because they can't think for themselves. With their OWN mind.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Because headphone jacks are a waste of space. I have been sporting Bluetooth headphones (Bluedio) for the past 3 years and can't for the life of me understand people when I see them getting all caught up in dangling cable. People would rather have $200 Dr. Dre Beats with cable wire than my audiophile Bluedios at a fraction of the price just because. Well they themselves don't know why. Because they can't think for themselves. With their OWN mind.

OK. I guess if you don't need it, then Samsung should abandon it. OK then,

Status
Not open for further replies.