10-14-2016 08:38 AM
33 12
tools
    Yeah I know this is the Note 7 area, but there's a reason I posted this here. Saw a post elsewhere that Samsung is going to offer the S7 line (or perhaps just the Edge) in blue coral. While this is cool, sorta, I'm a bit miffed since I just traded my blue coral Note 7 for a black S7E yesterday. Would MUCH rather have had blue coral again. But it will likely be long after my return window before they come out. So for that, it makes me pretty miffed at Samsung. Sigh.
    10-12-2016 09:13 AM
    10-12-2016 09:17 AM
    Would be nice to know when it will be released. Any ideas? I was planning on ordering a new phone this week, but maybe I can wait a bit more.
    10-12-2016 09:28 AM
    Return it now if you have back up
    10-12-2016 09:29 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Like the previous poster said, if you have something to use in the meantime, wait. If not, might as well pick your favorite of what's available.
    Jedi215 likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:30 AM
    Yeah I know this is the Note 7 area, but there's a reason I posted this here. Saw a post elsewhere that Samsung is going to offer the S7 line (or perhaps just the Edge) in blue coral. While this is cool, sorta, I'm a bit miffed since I just traded my blue coral Note 7 for a black S7E yesterday. Would MUCH rather have had blue coral again. But it will likely be long after my return window before they come out. So for that, it makes me pretty miffed at Samsung. Sigh.
    This is precisely why I ordered a no contract, third party seller refurbished phone (S7edge) to hold me over until all this chaos ends.

I too would be miffed I were you, but there are ton of refurbs and used phones on Ebay and Offer Up that you can get to hold you over until you can get something that you really want, especially since you are still in the 14-day return window.
    10-12-2016 09:34 AM
    I looked at the possibility of getting one of the used/refurb ones, but at $400+, it was money I wasn't willing to spend. Plus I went with the one-year NEXT deal so I can get another phone in a year anyway.
    skatergirl and Serkle K like this.
    10-12-2016 09:38 AM
    I looked at the possibility of getting one of the used/refurb ones, but at $400+, it was money I wasn't willing to spend. Plus I went with the one-year NEXT deal so I can get another phone in a year anyway.
    That's good. For me, with Verizon, it was too late to get the S7edge on the Annual Upgrade Program and I was not going to be bound to another phone when the one I want is released. I also figured the cost of the refurb was the same as a year in payments so instead of giving Verizon a phone back after I spent $400 in payments, I can sell it for a few hundred.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-12-2016 09:48 AM
    I tried posting about this on here this morning and they deleted it for some reason...
    10-12-2016 10:04 AM
    Return it now if you have back up
    I do not
    10-12-2016 10:07 AM
    Hmm, this doesn't seem to have the gold metal frame, but it could just be the back glass panel that's being shown.
    10-12-2016 10:08 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Like the previous poster said, if you have something to use in the meantime, wait. If not, might as well pick your favorite of what's available.
    I was going to get the S7 Edge, so I'll probably just wait and see for a bit.
    10-12-2016 10:09 AM
    I tried posting about this on here this morning and they deleted it for some reason...
    Your thread has around a dozen replies: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...l-s7-edge.html
    10-12-2016 10:18 AM
    I just got the s7 edge in pink gold it's not my favorite color since it's not barbie bright pink but if it comes in blue I'll get it then,I hope they make blue s view case for it too like they did for note 7. Currently the s view cases are not so cute lol
    10-12-2016 10:48 AM
    That's good. For me, with Verizon, it was too late to get the S7edge on the Annual Upgrade Program and I was not going to be bound to another phone when the one I want is released. I also figured the cost of the refurb was the same as a year in payments so instead of giving Verizon a phone back after I spent $400 in payments, I can sell it for a few hundred.
    I'm in the same boat as you. Where did you buy your refurb from? That's my plan.
    10-12-2016 11:46 AM
    I did a huge step back and got an S5 from Groupon for 149 to hold me over until we see what Samsung does next year but this way I keep my upgrade as i was i formed as well that the annual Upgrade for thr S7E was over... how conveniently timed that happened
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-12-2016 11:54 AM
    I want more proof then a photo shopped picture... There would of been some sort of announcement about it or listed on the carrier sites.
    10-12-2016 12:07 PM
    lol now I will get to be reminded of my late note 7 every time i look at gs7 coral blue
    dkbb likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:38 PM
    I'm a bit surprised if this is indeed true. I know the coral blue was a popular color for the Note 7 so I could see it being an option on future phone models. And even though there will be a big run on S7 Edge's with all the Note 7 returns, I would be surprised to see them ad a color at this point in the phones life cycle. For sure I would expect it as an option for the S8 & S8 Edge. But I will believe it when I "really" see it for the S7 & S7 Edge.
    10-12-2016 05:00 PM
    I'm praying that Samsung brings the coral blue to the note8. It's the only color I like out of all samsungs previous and current colors.
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:18 PM
    I'm a bit surprised if this is indeed true. I know the coral blue was a popular color for the Note 7 so I could see it being an option on future phone models. And even though there will be a big run on S7 Edge's with all the Note 7 returns, I would be surprised to see them ad a color at this point in the phones life cycle. For sure I would expect it as an option for the S8 & S8 Edge. But I will believe it when I "really" see it for the S7 & S7 Edge.
    Samsung adds special colors for phone all the time.

See Red for Note 4, Pink Gold for S7...etc
    10-12-2016 05:25 PM
    I'm honestly thinking about keeping my Note 7. I was actually thinking about holding on to it for at least two years anyway. I know resale value will be non-existent but I can only hope that it receives the Nougat upgrade, however unlikely.

If you want to reply to call me an *****, just please refrain. Any constructive responses are more than welcome. I know there have been a lot reports but with at least 2 million of these phones being used, the percentage of incidents is still small.

I honestly don't want the S7 Edge. As similar as it is (it's honestly missing quite a bit IMO), it feels like a serious step back. The Pixel XL renders my 256 GB SD card useless, even though I'm hearing it performs amazingly well. It also doesn't have wireless charging and I'd have to get the 128 GB version (more $) I had a V10 but the V20 really doesn't seem like it would make me happy after owning the Note 7. Maybe I will feel differently when I hold it in my hand.
    FSU30 likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:28 PM
    I'm honestly thinking about keeping my Note 7. I was actually thinking about holding on to it for at least two years anyway. I know resale value will be non-existent but I can only hope that it receives the Nougat upgrade, however unlikely.

If you want to reply to call me an *****, just please refrain. Any constructive responses are more than welcome. I know there have been a lot reports but with at least 2 million of these phones being used, the percentage of incidents is still small.

I honestly don't want the S7 Edge. As similar as it is (it's honestly missing quite a bit IMO), it feels like a serious step back. The Pixel XL renders my 256 GB SD card useless, even though I'm hearing it performs amazingly well. It also doesn't have wireless charging and I'd have to get the 128 GB version (more $) I had a V10 but the V20 really doesn't seem like it would make me happy after owning the Note 7. Maybe I will feel differently when I hold it in my hand.
    The only thing I will say is that putting yourself in danger is one thing and your call, but putting others in danger (no matter how small the probability) is a completely different thing, and should not be your call.

Couple of other comments:

There are already reports of forced SW upgrades that are disabling features such as being able to use the Note 7 in the Gear VR. How long do you think it will be before a forced update keeps you from using the phone in any meaningful way?

I agree that there is no alternatives out there that currently suits my needs. I got it because it was one of the few devices that was compatible with the current gen Gear VR headset and it had the onboard memory (64GB) to handle the massive footprint of those apps. My carrier does not offer a compatible device with 64GB so I am stuck until Samsung comes out with their next gen device.
    10-12-2016 09:17 PM
    As fickle as it sounds, this would make switching back to the S7 Edge easier for me. I'd sell the gold one I owned and get the coral blue, like my Note7
    10-12-2016 11:02 PM
    It'll never come to T-Mobile before Christmas. Long after I got rid of my N7.
    10-13-2016 12:17 AM
33 12