The Cancellation of the Note 7

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Place for discussion of the issues surrounding the recall, etc. described here The Cancellation of the Note 7 - What you need to know

For information about returning devices see here Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Returns - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
For discussion of which devices you may choose to migrate to see here Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Also just a friendly reminder http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ople-generally-being-nuisance-isn-t-cool.html

For those who want to share their fondest memories of the Note 7 or favorite things about it Note 7 Tribute - Share Your Favorite Things about the Note 7

Last edited:

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard any reports of replacement fires since the N7 was canceled?

Just wondering if anyone has heard about phones catching fire since the phone was d/c. Has there been an official release regarding the cause of the fires? Is the reason for shutting down the N7 for PR reasons? So for I haven't received a text or email from Samsung or AT&T like I did with the first recall... In fact some people have posted in the forms here that they have been told the phone hasn't been officially recalled by their carrier. Just hard not to wonder if there is truly a defect with the replacements or if this was an issue made worse by the media attention

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Has anyone heard any reports of replacement fires since the N7 was canceled?

I posted a thread with the same topic, it's very strange isn't it? Ever since this all went down, I have been seeing a ton more IPhone commerials, just saying.......

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Has anyone heard any reports of replacement fires since the N7 was canceled?

I posted a thread with the same topic, it's very strange isn't it? Ever since this all went down, I have been seeing a ton more IPhone commerials, just saying.......

Is there a tinfoil hat emoji available here?

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

It is pretty fishy. The new IPhones been catching on fire as well & there are rarely any media bias about that. I don't get into that iphone android war crap but it's just odd right? Lol

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

"I don't get into that iphone android war crap but..."
iStock_000016172223Small.jpg

It is pretty fishy. The new IPhones been catching on fire as well & there are rarely any media bias about that. I don't get into that iphone android war crap but it's just odd right? Lol

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I just google searched and the only ones being talked about are the girl with the 6 Plus which Apple is investigating (and apparently she said "what if this had happened under my pillow" which is 1) a very odd comment to make (but a clue as to how she used the phone?) and 2) Samsung OR Apple is user stupidity) and the 7 that got crushed in shipping which damaged the phone in the truck - again Samsung OR Apple, if a sharp object pierces package and phone, there's gonna be issues.

I'd love if you'd point me to proof of other claims because in article after article the only two phones talked about are the ones above, with vague "multiple reports" mentioned for click bait.

I get defending a phone but, come on...

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I just google searched and the only ones being talked about are the girl with the 6 Plus which Apple is investigating (and apparently she said "what if this had happened under my pillow" which is 1) a very odd comment to make (but a clue as to how she used the phone?) and 2) Samsung OR Apple is user stupidity) and the 7 that got crushed in shipping which damaged the phone in the truck - again Samsung OR Apple, if a sharp object pierces package and phone, there's gonna be issues.

I'd love if you'd point me to proof of other claims because in article after article the only two phones talked about are the ones above, with vague "multiple reports" mentioned for click bait.

I get defending a phone but, come on...

Back in March an iPhone 6 caught on fire on a flight from Washington to Hawaii, they were 90 minutes out from landing. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...8#q=iphone 6 catches fire on flight to hawaii

Iphone caught fire in a students pocket while in class just a few weeks back https://www.google.com/webhp?source...2&ie=UTF-8#q=iphone+catches+fire+in+classroom

I think this may be the one you mentioned California woman's iPhone explodes, catches fire - Story

another claim: Apple iPhone 6s catches on fire

There were a few other I saw. Now by no means is it as widespread as the Note 7 incidents but just pointing out that this can happen to any phone. Seems like the biggest issue with the new iPhone's is the "touch disease" where the phone basically locks up. Happened to a co-worker this morning on his brand new iPhone 7, we had to google it and the only way to unlock it was holding power and volume down to force a reboot and it took a while to boot back up to where he could unlock the screen. Given this is a much easier fix but still annoying for a brand new phone.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So many media-indoctrinated sheep. I am sure those who decide to keep their Note 7's will be able to tell us in a year, or 2, that their Phone has been working fine since the day they got it.
I just wish my pre-ordered Note 7 had come through. There is no scare-mongering like this farce that would make me send mine back!

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Back in March an iPhone 6 caught on fire on a flight from Washington to Hawaii, they were 90 minutes out from landing. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...8#q=iphone 6 catches fire on flight to hawaii

Iphone caught fire in a students pocket while in class just a few weeks back https://www.google.com/webhp?source...2&ie=UTF-8#q=iphone+catches+fire+in+classroom

I think this may be the one you mentioned California woman's iPhone explodes, catches fire - Story

another claim: Apple iPhone 6s catches on fire

There were a few other I saw. Now by no means is it as widespread as the Note 7 incidents but just pointing out that this can happen to any phone. Seems like the biggest issue with the new iPhone's is the "touch disease" where the phone basically locks up. Happened to a co-worker this morning on his brand new iPhone 7, we had to google it and the only way to unlock it was holding power and volume down to force a reboot and it took a while to boot back up to where he could unlock the screen. Given this is a much easier fix but still annoying for a brand new phone.

The first poster said specifically the NEW iPhones are catching fire. Like the new Notes.

The older ones are no where on the scale and will be dealt with I'm sure. But where are these reports of a rash of 7 and 7 Plus? Because that's the claim to try to dismiss the severity of Samsung.

In case of editing

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm smelling a class-action suit... and I'm not happy.

We've all undergone a somewhat brutal and expensive process. I've spent over 8 hours in a Verizon store over 3 visits, let alone the countless hours on the phone with Verizon reps - each telling me something different. I've backed up, restored, re-entered passwords and configured my phone more times than I care to think about in the past few months. Now, I have a new, but relatively old, phone (S7 Edge) that will be replaced in a few months. I've spent a small fortune on screen protectors and cases until I found the right combination for the Note 7. I'm now spending more to protect the S7 Edge. And, if I should upgrade to the next phone (s8 edge, Note 8, etc.), it will cost me even more. All this for the $25 that Samsung is reimbursing us.

About 1 million other people have also gone thru the same process.

I imagine that some attorney is seeing a gold-mine in all of this and will be filing a class-action suit on our behalf - only, it won't be on "our" behalf, because the attorneys always get most of the money out of class-action suits - the affected get pennies on the dollar (if they're that lucky)..

Samsung has paid, and will keep paying, just as we will.

This is a lose-lose-lose-win situation (Samsung, users, carriers and attorneys).

lose-lose-lose.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I'm smelling a class-action suit... and I'm not happy.

Remember, though, that phones are only one small part of Samsung's business. And suing internationally can be anywhere from difficult to impossible.

Not that I disagree - barring a Note with removable battery and an external SD card, the 7 was my only option. Now that's gone too. I want the contained stylus, but I don't want half my hip removed by extreme temperature.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung said to kill off the Note Brand

If they used plus Apple would file a lawsuit
I think Pro is a great name as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member