The Cancellation of the Note 7

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They can call it the Samsung Galaxy Not-A-Note or the Samsung Moon Pie for all I care. Bring top of the line hardware, keep improving the software and get more people on QC.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I really don't think its necessary to cancel the Note brand entirely. If it was a design flaw that lead to the battery catching fire then fix it and make sure the Note 8 doesn't have that same issue. If car manufactures can recover from people dying due to defects in their vehicles and still continue making those same models then Samsung can recover from this.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but has Samsung made an official statement as to the future of the phones we have now? I have a few friends that have already gotten rid of theirs (the replacements) and moved on to something else but I'm not ready to give this up if there's still a chance that Samsung might try to save it. But I also don't want to hang on to it if the N7's life is truly over and there will be no future support for it.

Fishwalleye

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
So many media-indoctrinated sheep. I am sure those who decide to keep their Note 7's will be able to tell us in a year, or 2, that their Phone has been working fine since the day they got it.
I just wish my pre-ordered Note 7 had come through. There is no scare-mongering like this farce that would make me send mine back!

Fishwalleye

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I pre- ordered mine and it was cancelled after the first recall, then I ordered after Verizon returned to selling again. I am writing this from the Note 7 and really don't want to give it up, I've had 3 Samsung and this is so far the best ever.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Offering $100 to Loyal Customers

From the Verge article:

Samsung's new Note 7 Refund & Exchange program (which goes live October 13th at 15:00ET) will let customers choose between the following: up to $100 bill credit if they exchange a Note 7 for "any Samsung smartphone," or $25 in credit if they exchange a Note 7 "for a refund or other branded smartphone." (As Samsung makes clear, you get more money for sticking with the company's brand as "a sign of our appreciation for your [...] loyalty.")

Samsung is offering Note 7 owners up to $100 credit to return their phones - The Verge

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Offering $100 to Loyal Customers

I already ordered the Pixel xL. I fully intend to return for the next iteration of the Note though...

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Still not enough for me. Paid off my Note 5 and traded it in. Whatever Samsung device I buy will have to be paid in full before I can buy the next Note or Note type device next year. That does not sit well with me. I don't want to pay full price for a device that I don't want, and that will be worth less than half next year.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the S7 Edge but reports of a Blue Coral color potentially coming soon makes me want to wait and see. Pink Gold also looks like a nice and unique color. Tough to decide.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site

To be honest.. I've cashed in a little too much off of this fiasco. After all, it's just a phone. Yes it was absolutely the best phone I've ever had, and I hated parting with it. But in the end, it's a phone..

So many people, especially here on AC, switch phones too often. Even if this fiasco didn't play out, a lot of you would be eager to switch the N7 to the S8 or N8 when they come out next year anyways.

I've Received from this craziness:
256gb SD card = $250
Gear vr = $100
$25 credit for first recall
32" TV - N7 traded in for S7E = $220
Now we're going to get $75-$100 credit

= $650-$700 in free gear

What else you want? It's a phone... ='( still missing her....

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

To be honest.. I've cashed in a little too much off of this fiasco. After all, it's just a phone. Yes it was absolutely the best phone I've ever had, and I hated parting with it. But in the end, it's a phone..

So many people, especially here on AC, switch phones too often. Even if this fiasco didn't play out, a lot of you would be eager to switch the N7 to the S8 or N8 when they come out next year anyways.

256gb SD card = $250
Gear vr = $100

= $650-$700 in free gear

Wow... i must be doing something wrong for sticking with Tmobile....🤔😊

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

256gb SD card = $250
Gear vr = $100

= $650-$700 in free gear

How did you get the SD card and the Gear VR?

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

Is it really loyalty if a bribe or other incentive is necessary - I don't think that word means what they think it means (unless it's after the fact - and not to be weighed in the decision). Perhaps it should be relabeled a consolation or reward.