The Cancellation of the Note 7

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Offering $100 to Loyal Customers

How did you get the SD card and the Gear VR?
Are you serious? If so, you missed out... I myself got the sd card and two Gear VR headsets...
The samsung promotions applied to the first recalled N7, the S7edge (S7) loaner and the new green battery N7.... The one's who wasn't willing (or wasn't offered) to get a loaner missed out on a triple dip but still received a double promo....

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I can stomach a S7edge at $692 but no way would I do it for full price at $792.... This is something for me to think about.... It would leave about $400 to pay off next year on a payment plan. That'll leave me with a much better backup phone to fall back on in the future.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

From the Verge article:

Samsung's new Note 7 Refund & Exchange program (which goes live October 13th at 15:00ET) will let customers choose between the following: up to $100 bill credit if they exchange a Note 7 for "any Samsung smartphone," or $25 in credit if they exchange a Note 7 "for a refund or other branded smartphone." (As Samsung makes clear, you get more money for sticking with the company's brand as "a sign of our appreciation for your [...] loyalty.")

Samsung is offering Note 7 owners up to $100 credit to return their phones - The Verge

I am sick of seeing 'The Verge'

**** 'The Verge'

Seriously.

splash112

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

What about customers in other countries?? I've been a loyal Samsung customer for years, just jumped to the oneplus now though

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Loyalty because it only applies to Note7 owners. If it applied to everyone, it would be more of a bribe or incentive.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I also read on the Samsung site and called the Note 7 recall hotline and spoke to a representative they said to call into your local carrier which I did. My carrier T-Mobile said that they will credit automatically $100 to my account within one to two billing Cycles

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I am not sure that a $100 off a S7 or S7E is such a great deal, if you consider these models are 6 months old. Hopefully, there wouldn't be a time limit on using the discount, so that it can be used on the S8 or a N8. But it sounds like you must exchange the N7 for a current model and won't be allowed to wait for newer models.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

Husband and I were 90% sure we were getting S7Es anyway. I'll take it. I really wasn't expecting them to do much beyond the initial $25 credit so paying our bill for a month for the trouble is okay by me.

edhawk

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

$100 is going to work out to be about $5 an hour for all the time I have spent dealing with this. Still don't have my T-mobile bill straightened out yet, they charged me full price for my Note 7 when I turned it back, the first one. I'm on JOD, so it should've just terminated the lease. $1150 bill sitting out there, should be adjusted in 2 weeks or so, blah blah blah, know that will mean at least 1 more 30-45 min call back....

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

I wonder how long the $100 deal is. What if we want to hold off and see what the S8 series is like? Will they still give us the money then or do we have to swap now?

wkemp21

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting to see if the Blue Coral makes it to reality as well. Allows me to use my 7 for a little while longer, sincerely going to miss this phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

The info is on the samsung.com site as well as with their 800 hotline for Note 7 returns those people know what they're talking about and can help you

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Samsung is a little late with this deal. I already changed brands and turned my Note7 in yesterday. I might have got another Samsung with this credit because I would've been $100 closer to upgrading to the Note8 , S8 , etc.

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

It's a bill credit so you won't actually see any money. Just a cheaper phone bill.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

This I great! Between the two 256 gb sd cards all the Samsung pay promotions and the bill credit for the first recall I've made almost 500$ for using 2 N7's for two months and not paying a dime. Also got all my cases and screen protectors refunded back to me from Amazon. Still losing a great device though. Oh well until the S8 the S7 edge will do just fine.

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

This I great! Between the two 256 gb sd cards all the Samsung pay promotions and the bill credit for the first recall I've made almost 500$ for using 2 N7's for two months and not paying a dime. Also got all my cases and screen protectors refunded back to me from Amazon. Still losing a great device though. Oh well until the S8 the S7 edge will do just fine.
What did you have to do to get your Amazon N7 accessories refunded?
I also read on the Samsung site and called the Note 7 recall hotline and spoke to a representative they said to call into your local carrier which I did. My carrier T-Mobile said that they will credit automatically $100 to my account within one to two billing Cycles

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer