The Cancellation of the Note 7

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Samsung offering $100 off to loyal customers...ehh not sure I want to do that. Wasn't a huge fan of the edge screen design to begin with. It looks cool but in my short time playing with it at BBY and at the VZW store it also seems to get highly annoying when I'm texting or scrolling because my hand gets too close to the side.

Not sure what the best solution is to Note fans but I guess I'm leaning toward the Pixel XL at this point.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well called Verizon and once again they are behind the 8 ball. They see it but can't do it yet. That's the way it's been for this whole recall process, Verizon has made it an horrible process, guess that's what we should expect from Verizon though

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Offering $100 to Loyal Customers

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the S7 Edge but reports of a Blue Coral color potentially coming soon makes me want to wait and see. Pink Gold also looks like a nice and unique color. Tough to decide.

Same here. I found an unlocked S7E for "cheap"; I have yet to return my Note.
I was thinking of returning one of my other phones and getting a V20.

However, if a Coral Blue S7E comes out and this promotion applies to Verizon.... I will wait for the Coral Blue, return my Note, get the $100 credit and hopefully the difference in price applied to my account and just have a couple months of free phone bills and a new S7E.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Verzion is a company that cares only for themselves! The ONLY thing you get is a very expensive phone bill and GRIEF!
I switched from Verizon to Tmobile and this was the best move l've ever made!.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
What would happen if you don't return your Note 7? I exchanged it once and I had no issues even with that one. this one had the blue square box describing that it had been labeled as a safe one and I even got a message a few days ago through the Samsung + app on my phone that my phone was not one being recalled and that it was safe to use and it had the IMEI numbers right there on the message so I was assuming the message had just came out but then I get a text message this morning saying Samsung is advising you power down and return the phone. I know some of the replacements have been catching fire but I still haven't heard how many. I love my phone and really don't want to return it. Some are mentioning that they would take a Note 5 for a replacement but that is what I upgraded from and I really don't think I could go back down. Big, big difference in the screen resolution so now my dilemma is whether to chance it or return it. I have been keeping an eye out on the LGV20 but I am not even sure I would like it. I was also told through T-Mobile store rep that you only have until the end of the month to do the exchange and get the refunds for the accessories and the $25.00 credit. I was told I could go ahead and exchange my phone for something else and when the LGV20 does come out I could jump again to that but I don't know enough about that phone to make that choice either. You also lose Samsung Pay capabilities and I am really starting to use that a lot so. Very tough decision to make but I guess it will have to be done.

Shaodong Lin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
It is ILLEGAL for samsung to remotely DEACTIVE our phone or do anything stupid like push notificatio

It is ILLEGAL for samsung to remotely DEACTIVE our phone or do anything stupid like push notifications. For me, I paid 1000 cash, no stupid plan, it's my phone, if it's not working by your remote control, I will sue you. My phone works great, I have to say it's much better than IPHONE. You can NEVER get my phone back to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: It is ILLEGAL for samsung to remotely DEACTIVE our phone or do anything stupid like push notific

It is ILLEGAL for samsung to remotely DEACTIVE our phone or do anything stupid like push notifications. For me, I paid 1000 cash, no stupid plan, it's my phone, if it's not working by your remote control, I will sue you. My phone works great, I have to say it's much better than IPHONE. You can NEVER get my phone back to you.

It is not illegal.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is ILLEGAL for samsung to remotely DEACTIVE our phone or do anything stupid like push notific

Actually it is. Remember the carrier locked devices back in the day. The courts ruled if you by it it is yours to do with as you please.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

There has been a CPSC recall. It's now illegal to sell it by you. It also puts all liability on your shoulders. Should anyone or anyone's property get hurt by you use of the product you will be financially responsible. That $1,000 will look like chump change.

Samsung said they'll take any phone back, even if purchased from a third party. Do it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Actually it is. Remember the carrier locked devices back in the day. The courts ruled if you by it it is yours to do with as you please.

A device being unlock/locked is extremely different than a phone that has a safety issue.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I know. Had a silver S7edge as a loaner. It's close to the N7 but at the same time it's not even close to a N7, if that makes any since...
192d68407523a139954d96cf17b267d2.gif

Shaodong Lin

May 16, 2014
Visit site

why?? they can't just do it, coz I paid it off already, if they can deactivate it, they would already do it, coz they were worried about lawsuit , they just can't do it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

why?? they can't just do it, coz I paid it off already, if they can deactivate it, they would already do it, coz they were worried about lawsuit , they just can't do it.

That definitely isn't true. They are offering refunds and it is a safety concern. No one said they're going to do it but it still is a possibility depending on how things go down the road. They aren't doing this whole process to be mean -- it is for a potential harmful flaw.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
This is such a shame; the Note 7 is really a fantastic phone, with the exception of the battery issue.

I got a replacement Note 7 and both my original and replacement phones have worked perfectly. I will return mine only because I'm concerned that not doing so will make me liable if anything happens with it.

It figures, THIS had to be my first Android phone. :p

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

So long as you are on a network, you have shared responsibility. So, AT&T (or whoever) can turn off your access to their network. Sure you can still use it as a very small tablet. However, as oculas already pointed out, they can deactivate things. Pop ups are their right to do also, so long as you are still on the network. They can feed the update to cut your battery power. 1) its been approved by the government, 2) they have offered you a full and complete refund. Samsung has done its part. Time to stop crying and do yours.

We have gone from armchair engineers, to armchair lawyers. I love the internet. BTW... its you vs Samsung's lawyers... good luck with that.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

To add further, because it is recalled by cspc now it is actually illegal to bring it on a plane regardless of if it's off or not.

> If the device is recalled by the manufacturer, airline crew and passengers will not be able to bring recalled batteries or electronics that contain recalled batteries in the cabin of an aircraft, or in carry-on and checked baggage.

That means if you're caught with a Note 7 onboard, don't expect to be allowed to fly. Maybe you're not a frequent flier right now, but do you really want to be tied to a dangerous phone that limits your travel options further down the line?

Last edited:

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
honestly, I sure hope they don't discontinue the note brand or future versions just because they got the battery density math wrong. someone will make it work, or they'll just move back down to previous battery density levels (ala S7 Edge and others) and make it a TAD larger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670