10-18-2016 09:51 PM
152 123 ...
tools
    Place for discussion of the issues surrounding the recall, etc. described here The Cancellation of the Note 7 - What you need to know

For information about returning devices see here Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Returns - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    For discussion of which devices you may choose to migrate to see here Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

Also just a friendly reminder http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...sn-t-cool.html

For those who want to share their fondest memories of the Note 7 or favorite things about it Note 7 Tribute - Share Your Favorite Things about the Note 7
    skatergirl, dsignori and Morty2264 like this.
    10-12-2016 09:25 AM
    Just a heads up: The fourth link doesn't work
    10-12-2016 09:46 AM
    FAA Issues Updated Guidance on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Devices

Basically, don't bother bringing your Note 7 when traveling.
    10-12-2016 12:12 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has heard about phones catching fire since the phone was d/c. Has there been an official release regarding the cause of the fires? Is the reason for shutting down the N7 for PR reasons? So for I haven't received a text or email from Samsung or AT&T like I did with the first recall... In fact some people have posted in the forms here that they have been told the phone hasn't been officially recalled by their carrier. Just hard not to wonder if there is truly a defect with the replacements or if this was an issue made worse by the media attention
    10-12-2016 12:51 PM
    I posted a thread with the same topic, it's very strange isn't it? Ever since this all went down, I have been seeing a ton more IPhone commerials, just saying.......
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-12-2016 12:59 PM
    I posted a thread with the same topic, it's very strange isn't it? Ever since this all went down, I have been seeing a ton more IPhone commerials, just saying.......
    Is there a tinfoil hat emoji available here?
    10-12-2016 01:15 PM
    It is pretty fishy. The new IPhones been catching on fire as well & there are rarely any media bias about that. I don't get into that iphone android war crap but it's just odd right? Lol
    hasasimo, Bbarbie and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-12-2016 01:26 PM
    "I don't get into that iphone android war crap but..."
    The Cancellation of the Note 7-istock_000016172223small.jpg

It is pretty fishy. The new IPhones been catching on fire as well & there are rarely any media bias about that. I don't get into that iphone android war crap but it's just odd right? Lol
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:33 PM
    "I don't get into that iphone android war crap but..."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iStock_000016172223Small.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	242088
    Read between the lines.
    10-12-2016 01:45 PM
    I just google searched and the only ones being talked about are the girl with the 6 Plus which Apple is investigating (and apparently she said "what if this had happened under my pillow" which is 1) a very odd comment to make (but a clue as to how she used the phone?) and 2) Samsung OR Apple is user stupidity) and the 7 that got crushed in shipping which damaged the phone in the truck - again Samsung OR Apple, if a sharp object pierces package and phone, there's gonna be issues.

I'd love if you'd point me to proof of other claims because in article after article the only two phones talked about are the ones above, with vague "multiple reports" mentioned for click bait.

I get defending a phone but, come on...
    10-12-2016 02:05 PM
    I posted this last night but the thread disappeared... along with my post. Here it is again. Happened this past Sunday in Honolulu.

Samsung investigating Honolulu incident involving replacement Galaxy Note 7 | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
    10-12-2016 02:43 PM
    I just google searched and the only ones being talked about are the girl with the 6 Plus which Apple is investigating (and apparently she said "what if this had happened under my pillow" which is 1) a very odd comment to make (but a clue as to how she used the phone?) and 2) Samsung OR Apple is user stupidity) and the 7 that got crushed in shipping which damaged the phone in the truck - again Samsung OR Apple, if a sharp object pierces package and phone, there's gonna be issues.

I'd love if you'd point me to proof of other claims because in article after article the only two phones talked about are the ones above, with vague "multiple reports" mentioned for click bait.

I get defending a phone but, come on...
    Back in March an iPhone 6 caught on fire on a flight from Washington to Hawaii, they were 90 minutes out from landing. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20to%20hawaii

Iphone caught fire in a students pocket while in class just a few weeks back https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...e+in+classroom

I think this may be the one you mentioned California woman's iPhone explodes, catches fire - Story

another claim: Apple iPhone 6s catches on fire

There were a few other I saw. Now by no means is it as widespread as the Note 7 incidents but just pointing out that this can happen to any phone. Seems like the biggest issue with the new iPhone's is the "touch disease" where the phone basically locks up. Happened to a co-worker this morning on his brand new iPhone 7, we had to google it and the only way to unlock it was holding power and volume down to force a reboot and it took a while to boot back up to where he could unlock the screen. Given this is a much easier fix but still annoying for a brand new phone.
    10-12-2016 03:20 PM
    So many media-indoctrinated sheep. I am sure those who decide to keep their Note 7's will be able to tell us in a year, or 2, that their Phone has been working fine since the day they got it.
    I just wish my pre-ordered Note 7 had come through. There is no scare-mongering like this farce that would make me send mine back!
    10-12-2016 04:28 PM
    Back in March an iPhone 6 caught on fire on a flight from Washington to Hawaii, they were 90 minutes out from landing. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20to%20hawaii

Iphone caught fire in a students pocket while in class just a few weeks back https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...e+in+classroom

I think this may be the one you mentioned California woman's iPhone explodes, catches fire - Story

another claim: Apple iPhone 6s catches on fire

There were a few other I saw. Now by no means is it as widespread as the Note 7 incidents but just pointing out that this can happen to any phone. Seems like the biggest issue with the new iPhone's is the "touch disease" where the phone basically locks up. Happened to a co-worker this morning on his brand new iPhone 7, we had to google it and the only way to unlock it was holding power and volume down to force a reboot and it took a while to boot back up to where he could unlock the screen. Given this is a much easier fix but still annoying for a brand new phone.
    The first poster said specifically the NEW iPhones are catching fire. Like the new Notes.

The older ones are no where on the scale and will be dealt with I'm sure. But where are these reports of a rash of 7 and 7 Plus? Because that's the claim to try to dismiss the severity of Samsung.

In case of editing

10-12-2016 04:49 PM
    We've all undergone a somewhat brutal and expensive process. I've spent over 8 hours in a Verizon store over 3 visits, let alone the countless hours on the phone with Verizon reps - each telling me something different. I've backed up, restored, re-entered passwords and configured my phone more times than I care to think about in the past few months. Now, I have a new, but relatively old, phone (S7 Edge) that will be replaced in a few months. I've spent a small fortune on screen protectors and cases until I found the right combination for the Note 7. I'm now spending more to protect the S7 Edge. And, if I should upgrade to the next phone (s8 edge, Note 8, etc.), it will cost me even more. All this for the $25 that Samsung is reimbursing us.

About 1 million other people have also gone thru the same process.

I imagine that some attorney is seeing a gold-mine in all of this and will be filing a class-action suit on our behalf - only, it won't be on "our" behalf, because the attorneys always get most of the money out of class-action suits - the affected get pennies on the dollar (if they're that lucky)..

Samsung has paid, and will keep paying, just as we will.

This is a lose-lose-lose-win situation (Samsung, users, carriers and attorneys).

The Cancellation of the Note 7-lose-lose-lose.jpg
    10-12-2016 05:08 PM
    Remember, though, that phones are only one small part of Samsung's business. And suing internationally can be anywhere from difficult to impossible.

Not that I disagree - barring a Note with removable battery and an external SD card, the 7 was my only option. Now that's gone too. I want the contained stylus, but I don't want half my hip removed by extreme temperature.
    10-12-2016 05:30 PM
    10-12-2016 05:31 PM
    Report says Samsung will abandon the “Note” brand - GSMArena.com news

Well I'm not surprised
    If it was called "Pro" I woudn't mind, but I hope they don't call it "Plus"
    10-12-2016 06:32 PM
    i expect this to happen. they will add a "note" like phone to the S8 line.
    10-12-2016 06:36 PM
    If they used plus Apple would file a lawsuit
    I think Pro is a great name as well.
    smooth4lyfe and Bbarbie like this.
    10-12-2016 06:37 PM
    If they used plus Apple would file a lawsuit
    I think Pro is a great name as well.
    why would apple sue if plus is used but not if pro was used?

i am thinking it will be something like S8N or S8P
    10-12-2016 06:43 PM
    i expect this to happen. they will add a "note" like phone to the S8 line.
    Yeah I highly doubt they will ditch the phone with the pen, there are a LOT of S-Pen users
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:46 PM
    They can call it the Samsung Galaxy Not-A-Note or the Samsung Moon Pie for all I care. Bring top of the line hardware, keep improving the software and get more people on QC.
    10-12-2016 06:50 PM
    I really don't think its necessary to cancel the Note brand entirely. If it was a design flaw that lead to the battery catching fire then fix it and make sure the Note 8 doesn't have that same issue. If car manufactures can recover from people dying due to defects in their vehicles and still continue making those same models then Samsung can recover from this.
    Makad likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:03 PM
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but has Samsung made an official statement as to the future of the phones we have now? I have a few friends that have already gotten rid of theirs (the replacements) and moved on to something else but I'm not ready to give this up if there's still a chance that Samsung might try to save it. But I also don't want to hang on to it if the N7's life is truly over and there will be no future support for it.
    10-12-2016 09:59 PM
152 123 ...