Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't really want to turn in my Note 7 but I also don't want to pay for a phone that won't be supported. Downgraded to the S7Edge but I guess I did so before they decided on the whole overnight shipping so I won't be getting mine until Monday. I might have kept mine but I got my son one also and I don't want to take risks with his safety.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I had three different reps tell me the exact opposite- that they are marked as paid in full and if I kept it, it was at my risk, but they would not be charging.

Well that's good to know, thanks. I will probably just keep it and if I get charged return it at that time. I'll honestly just keep them until a new note is released.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Well that's good to know, thanks. I will probably just keep it and if I get charged return it at that time. I'll honestly just keep them until a new note is released.

Keeping it isn't worth the risk. If you don't want to use your upgrade just get a cheap used phone till the next Note is released. Also if anything happens you're the one responsible not Samsung.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask an Off Topic question ?

Please remove if not allowed

Anyone know if the Note 4 and Not 5 are the same exact sizes
I have a few cases from my former Note 4 , hoping I could use if they are the same etc Anyone here know ?

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Keeping it isn't worth the risk. If you don't want to use your upgrade just get a cheap used phone till the next Note is released. Also if anything happens you're the one responsible not Samsung.

I'm really not that worried about it. I always have my phone on me and it's never out of my sight. I don't travel on planes, or hardly ever. It sits on a glass table at night. I know the risk and if I see smoke or notice heat I will turn into an NFL quarterback real quick. The newer f150's are being investigated due to faulty brakes but yet people are out driving those things everyday.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm really not that worried about it. I always have my phone on me and it's never out of my sight. I don't travel on planes, or hardly ever. It sits on a glass table at night. I know the risk and if I see smoke or notice heat I will turn into an NFL quarterback real quick. The newer f150's are being investigated due to faulty brakes but yet people are out driving those things everyday.

Still why risk it? The phone won't get any updates or support.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Really bc it's my choice to make. I understand there will be no updates, that's fine I can live with marshmallow till a new note is released. No support, I honestly don't think I've ever called for support on a phone unless I was trying to get an insurance claim through Verizon. "Try this, try this. No? Please do a factory reset. Fix it? We will mail you a new phone." Not much support you get anyways.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Can I ask an Off Topic question ?

Please remove if not allowed

Anyone know if the Note 4 and Not 5 are the same exact sizes
I have a few cases from my former Note 4 , hoping I could use if they are the same etc Anyone here know ?
Their different. The case for the 4 won't work with the 5.

Mkj3322

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be this much of a pain to return my phone. Unless you exchange for another phone, verizon wants nothing to do with you. So im trying to figure out how to get a refund and return this thing. Im sure contacting Samsung would be of more use.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
It shouldn't be this much of a pain to return my phone. Unless you exchange for another phone, verizon wants nothing to do with you. So im trying to figure out how to get a refund and return this thing. Im sure contacting Samsung would be of more use.

It's strange that Verizon would refund some people but not others. I got a full refund on payments I made before the announcement about the 2nd edition Notes, and I still have the phone. I just reactivated my old phone, so I'm wondering if they will even send me the return box? It says the return kit will be sent out after you upgrade... There is no trace that I even owned a Note 7 on the myverizon website...

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I was told by several chat rep's to return JUST THE PHONE. Keep the charger and other crap.
Wouldnt it be a good idea to inspect the charger to see if those were defective?

Anyway what is the forums thoughts on keeping the S PEN. Maybe someone would enable this on the S7 or S7 edge via software?

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Right there with you brother, i am keeping mine as long as i can.

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So if I go online and order my S7 E from Verizon to replace my Note 7 and it arrives at my door. If I take the unopened box with the new phone to any Verizon store will they transfer all my data off my Note 7 to my S7E like they just did from my older Note phone to the Note 7 a few weeks ago. Would it just be easier to just go to a Verizon store and say I want purchase a S7 E and go from there.

darrell s

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
So if I go online and order my S7 E from Verizon to replace my Note 7 and it arrives at my door. If I take the unopened box with the new phone to any Verizon store will they transfer all my data off my Note 7 to my S7E like they just did from my older Note phone to the Note 7 a few weeks ago. Would it just be easier to just go to a Verizon store and say I want purchase a S7 E and go from there.

The S7E is popular now because of the recall. They haven't been available at my local store all week. It was easier for me just to order online. I'm planning on doing my Data transfer at home... too long to wait at the store.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Starting tomorrow the FFA is banning all Note 7's from flights. If your caught your phone will be confiscated and you could be fined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech