Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Starting tomorrow the FFA is banning all Note 7's from flights. If your caught your phone will be confiscated and you could be fined.
This hastened my ordering an S7E. I didn't have another flight scheduled for a few more weeks, so I was waiting to decide what to get (kinda hoping for a Blue Coal S7E), but got a new nephew yesterday, so now I fly in a few days. Phone gets here before then.

hondatech39

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else wanting to get a Lg v20 now?How come Verizon doesn't even show it on there website?AT@T has it for preorder and it ships before the october 28th date i read was when it would be officially available.Verizon knows that it would be the replacement some people want for there note 7's.

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else wanting to get a Lg v20 now?How come Verizon doesn't even show it on there website?AT@T has it for preorder and it ships before the october 28th date i read was when it would be officially available.Verizon knows that it would be the replacement some people want for there note 7's.

They seem to be pushing the Pixel and iPhone. Personally I've had nothing but issues with LG phones so I went with the Pixel xl. It's the next best thing and personally I don't thing the lack of Expandable memory and water prof is much of an issue. I don't plan on swimming with my phone and 128 gigs is more then enough. My note 3 was 32 gig and it was never filled up.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It should be until you purchase a new phone through Verizon or partners. If you want to wait for a new phone like the S8 or note 8, you would have to buy a phone 3rd party. Find a cheap phone to buy so you can save your upgrade.

I would not be surprised to see a deadline set pretty soon. Samsung wants to close the book on the Note 7. They will not want to be paying to replace phones in 12 months. I am sure the carriers also want to get this over with and move on.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I was told by several chat rep's to return JUST THE PHONE. Keep the charger and other crap.
Wouldnt it be a good idea to inspect the charger to see if those were defective?

Anyway what is the forums thoughts on keeping the S PEN. Maybe someone would enable this on the S7 or S7 edge via software?

They're not inspecting these things. They're just disposing of them. Also, these are the same chargers they're using with all their other phones so if some are defective, they would need to check the ones that were used with the exploding phones.

You can keep the spen for a souvenir, but it won't be enabled in a software update. It's not possible. The reason they work so well is because they're built into the Note hardware, special digitizer I think.
Their different. The case for the 4 won't work with the 5.
This. In general, you usually can't use one phone case with another phone.
Talked with a Verizon rep when getting my upgrade back, said he knew they were getting it but they haven't gotten any training on it yet. Said same thing happened last year with v10 but they still got it same day as everyone else. Guess we'll see.

Also look what Samsung sent me today. They really covering themselves. Screenshot_20161014-174539.png

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I got my replacment S7edge, but no "box" as promised to return the NOTE 7 in.
I asked Verizon Chat saying Samsung would be sending a box to me, and it only initiated if I ordered a new phone.

My question is , if the 100 dollars is tied to the RETURN of my samsung note 7, and so is the refund of the prior taxes i paid twice, How is verizon going to know i returned them to Samsung?

Store doesnt want the phone's.

Seems likes this is changing every 5 minutes. Im at the point to ask AMEX to help. This is beyond what a normal consumer would be expected to do. The CPSC did ZERO, as expected and apparently Verizon isnt afraid of them. I should be able to get a refund and not have to make 20 different calls and chats to figure out what to do.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacment S7edge, but no "box" as promised to return the NOTE 7 in.
I asked Verizon Chat saying Samsung would be sending a box to me, and it only initiated if I ordered a new phone.

My question is , if the 100 dollars is tied to the RETURN of my samsung note 7, and so is the refund of the prior taxes i paid twice, How is verizon going to know i returned them to Samsung?

Store doesnt want the phone's.

Seems likes this is changing every 5 minutes. Im at the point to ask AMEX to help. This is beyond what a normal consumer would be expected to do. The CPSC did ZERO, as expected and apparently Verizon isnt afraid of them. I should be able to get a refund and not have to make 20 different calls and chats to figure out what to do.
I've also debated a chargeback. I'm giving them one last chance to return the phone Sunday when I can get in to a store and then am contacting American Express as well

Last edited:

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
The store turned me away for the first and second note 7, they say call Customer service. They also say they have no way of giving a "receipt" even if they wanted to for the return.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
When I called Verizon earlier today they said there is a separate set of operators handling the Note 7 calls. Here's the number 888-987-4357, hope it helps.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They made it seem like it would take a while for me to get the box so 160 is just tied up with them until then I guess. I think they should just go ahead and refund our taxes.

Jhauchi

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if the free VR device promotion applies when exchanging the note7 through the recall? Technically, as the first step in this ridiculous process, Verizon forced me to buy the replacement S7edge at full retail pricing on a credit card (why not on my Bill?) Allegedly I will receive a credit but no details were given as to when or how. I would hope, then, that Verizon/Samsung would honor all available promotions.

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well this morning I am headed to the Verizon store. Spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to get a replacement phone ordered for my N7. This includes numerous aborted attempts to order the S7E on line with many calls to Verizon along the way. The issue is that I need phone shipped to a different address than my billing address (1200 miles away). There will be no one at billing address to receive phone and sign for it, and I am still 1200 miles away. Finally spent almost an hour on the phone with a Verizon telephone sales supervisor and we both thought it was solved, her screen said it was solved, but when I got my confirmation email overnight, the damn order was being shipped to my billing address. Headed to store to see if it can just be changed to a store delivery. This is getting very old.

chinook146

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
So I'm new here but frustrated like the rest of you lol! I bought my N7 outright from verizon & want to replace it with a S7E, but when I try and "upgrade" it online per their intstructions it requires me to pay full price for the S7E. Is that correct? I have to pay full price again and wait for a refund for the N7?? Tried their chat too & that seems to be how it has to happen. If so, that is ridiculous.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I'm new here but frustrated like the rest of you lol! I bought my N7 outright from verizon & want to replace it with a S7E, but when I try and "upgrade" it online per their intstructions it requires me to pay full price for the S7E. Is that correct? I have to pay full price again and wait for a refund for the N7?? Tried their chat too & that seems to be how it has to happen. If so, that is ridiculous.
I've seen a few threads that said they are taking refunds in store now, but not exchanges. So take it to the store and refund it. Then just order what you want online. I'll be attempting a refund tomorrow and reactivation the note 4 for a few months to see what's coming down the pike.

chinook146

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Want my $100 from Samsung though lol. I just can't imagine that I'd be required to pay full price up front for the S7E. Anyone else here pay for their N7 outright & trying to exchange it now? Wondering if anyone has to do the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38