Sprint Note Return Thread 2.0

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint: Refund or forced exchange?

Same thing just happened to me but in the corporate store. Wouldn't give me a refund, only an upgrade. Told the guy I'd hold on to my Note till the V20 comes out this weekend. This is why I try to do everything online instead of going in-store. Now I have to go BACK to the same store this weekend since non-corporate sprint stores won't take my online bought Note instead of refunding in store and ordering online. Now I have to restore my phone just for this week. I'm over this

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Original purchase online , easy pay and 2 payments plus the tax. About $160. Total , returned the 1st N7 via ups the 2nd in corporate store , then no phone for about 10 days ordered again online received and activated phone , 14 days latter no refund on the 7 after several phone calls got the account credited asked to be returned to my card no go , said ok credit the new easy pay account no go only for the bill.
So all this drama just adds to this hole mess and wasting time and energy
Last N4 payed off on easy pay , if you have a account credit it gets deducted for the easy pay bill but never applys to the phone so you always half to call them back and go Thur all the BS that's why I didn't want a account credit , plus it was cash/debit any way that should come back to me

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Original purchase online , easy pay and 2 payments plus the tax. About $160. Total , returned the 1st N7 via ups the 2nd in corporate store , then no phone for about 10 days ordered again online received and activated phone , 14 days latter no refund on the 7 after several phone calls got the account credited asked to be returned to my card no go , said ok credit the new easy pay account no go only for the bill.
So all this drama just adds to this hole mess and wasting time and energy
Last N4 payed off on easy pay , if you have a account credit it gets deducted for the easy pay bill but never applys to the phone so you always half to call them back and go Thur all the BS that's why I didn't want a account credit , plus it was cash/debit any way that should come back to me

They tried that crap with me and just like the poster a couple posts above I opted for them to mail me a check. They couldn't get my funds back on the original card so the rep said we can give you bill credit or mail me a check. Still waiting on the check but I do have a receipt for it with an invoice number if it doesn't show. No way in hell would I allow them to give it back to me in bill credits, then they have leverage over you when there is an issue with your account. Which seems to happen quite frequently with sprint at least with me.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
They tried that crap with me and just like the poster a couple posts above I opted for them to mail me a check. They couldn't get my funds back on the original card so the rep said we can give you bill credit or mail me a check. Still waiting on the check but I do have a receipt for it with an invoice number if it doesn't show. No way in hell would I allow them to give it back to me in bill credits, then they have leverage over you when there is an issue with your account. Which seems to happen quite frequently with sprint at least with me.

I requested a check and they have opened a dispute if you can believe that , to see if there allowed to do that really Sprint , and the funny thing is the tax payment was like $97 but the credits are all these odd numbers that add up to that .
The store rep said I would get a refund in a few days on my card but like I said 14 days latter nothing.
So at least with a credit -$161.09 plus the $50 N7 Samsung credit already applied to bill I got soothing better than nothing.
What a sad way to do business!

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I requested a check and they have opened a dispute if you can believe that , to see if there allowed to do that really Sprint , and the funny thing is the tax payment was like $97 but the credits are all these odd numbers that add up to that .
The store rep said I would get a refund in a few days on my card but like I said 14 days latter nothing.
So at least with a credit -$161.09 plus the $50 N7 Samsung credit already applied to bill I got soothing better than nothing.
What a sad way to do business!

Yeah that is pathetic. They actually shorted me on the taxes by a couple dollars but i didnt care and just wanted out of that place. If it was less than $200 I guess a bill credit wouldn't be so bad because thats only a couple months of bills. In my case I bought the phone for two year contract price and paid $460 with taxes. Glad I got refunded the full $460, plus the $50 amex rebate card I got to keep so that was a free $50.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I feel as though I finally got one over on "the man". And after the aggravation I've had with Sprint - at least 10 hours on hold, being hung up on, being told different things in chat, on the phone, and in stores, and waiting in stores I certainly deserve it. I don't feel bad. I won't go into the details of my numerous, numerous calls, but the reader's digest version is this:

Receive Note 7 on release day.
Wait in Sprint Store for replacement Note 7.
Receive replacement Note 7.
Hear of 2nd recall. Talk with Sprint. Clueless.
Order iPhone 7+ online once Sprint has them in stock. Fight with sprint to send them to me, a 17 year customer, to replace the Note with the understanding I will return the note once I get the iPhone. I win. Get iPhone at a reduced 2-year agreement price.
Get iPhone. Don't open it. Read reviews of iPhone from many former Note users. Realize I can't go over to iOS.
Attempt to return iPhone. Talk to online support, can be returned at sprint store. Make appointment at sprint store.
Wait 1.5 hours AFTER my appointment time at Sprint Store to be told that I have to return phone via mail.
Speak with 4-5 people with Sprint to finally figure out how to return phone.
Sell phone on eBay for more than twice what I paid for it - after fees, $500+ profit. I have to call Sprint to tell them I'm transferring the phone to someone else and take it off my account.
I paid $400 less two $25 credits and a $50 gift card for the Note (plus a free Gear Fit). So, when it's all said and done, I've come out with a free Note 7 and $200. If I return the Note, I should get a $400 credit, putting me $600 ahead overall.

I am keeping my Note until I have to give it up. The phone is safe. I love it.

Here's the kicker - I just checked my account. The upgrade I used on the iPhone is gone. I am eligible to purchase another phone at a 2 year contract. Technically, I can buy another iPhone 7+ at the subsidized contract price and do it again, making another $500.

I've gone through a ton of aggravation. I don't feel bad.

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Just returned my Note for the V20. I miss the amoled display like almost everyone else, but it does feel alot snappier. It feels lighter as well, and bigger but the return of the side edges makes up for it. No more unwanted touches when gripping. I'll definetly jump back to the Note 8 when its released, but for now, I'm a happy camper

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I had gotten a check from Sprint the other day for like $91.00 for the past two months of payment. Now I'm waiting for the $100 credit from Samsung.

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Third time, over an hour on the phone with Sprint today. Still haven't refunded my $460 but they did cancel my contract. Third call trying to get this done. They are still "looking into it".

Last edited:

mindflux

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
When you exchanged your note 7 did you have to pay the taxes on the new device? They wouldn't exchange my note 7 unless i paid the taxes for an s7 edge.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had a terrible, still unresolved experience returning my N7. I went to a corporate store with the intent of returning the N7 and activating a S7 which I bought from Ebay. They wouldn't take the N7, but activated the S7, telling me they ordered me a return kit that will come to my home, in about 5 business days. Two weeks go by, I get nothing and hear nothing from anyone. I then get tired of waiting, why? Because I bought my N7 outright, $909.49 including taxes is what they owe me. I then go to another Sprint corporate store to return the N7, this time they take it, then after a back & forth, I finally prove to them that I paid fully for the N7 & they owe my $909.49. Now they tell me due to the amount they can't refund me right away, but I will get a check in about a week. A week goes buy and I get a return package to return the phone via UPS. I'm thinking, WTF, I've already returned the phone. I call Sprint, get the run around and finally they realize I have already returned the phone to a sprint store. Sprint then tells me that once the phone gets to their warehouse, I will get my refund. I think that's BS, because it's been over a week already I wait another week, and nothing, no refund check. I call sprint again and of course after 30 mins back & forth I convince them that I have returned the phone and paid it off, fully and I'm owed &909.49. After another 20 mins, they transfer me to some other department where the associate calls the corporate store and puts me online with them. The associate at the corporate store tells me that it will be November 28 before I get me refund, a month after I returned the phone. So, I'm still waiting for my refund. November 28, I'll be going into the store if I don't have a check prior to that. Moral of the story, don't buy a Samsung phone outright from Sprint. My son bought his N7 outright from Best buy and got his full refund for the N7 on the spot.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine on an upgrade for $427.99 including tax. I'm thinking about throwing it on eBay rather than dealing with Sprint when I eventually return it.

Tess214

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just spent another hour and a half on the phone with Sprint trying to get my refund for the phone I returned to the corporate store on 10/16. The first return escalation case opened on 10/25 is now "too old" so they had to create a new one. The problem seems to be that multiple agents have tried to call the store to track the return & that location is horrible and NEVER answers the phone. The agent helping me today tried to call 3 times and no answer. Now I get to wait another week while they try to resolve this. The countless hours I have spent on this is just ridiculous. I have now tried opening a dispute on my credit card but am not hopeful that will accomplish anything.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just spent another hour and a half on the phone with Sprint trying to get my refund for the phone I returned to the corporate store on 10/16. The first return escalation case opened on 10/25 is now "too old" so they had to create a new one. The problem seems to be that multiple agents have tried to call the store to track the return & that location is horrible and NEVER answers the phone. The agent helping me today tried to call 3 times and no answer. Now I get to wait another week while they try to resolve this. The countless hours I have spent on this is just ridiculous. I have now tried opening a dispute on my credit card but am not hopeful that will accomplish anything.

I returned my Note 7 on 9/14 and still waiting for my refund from Tmobile. The store I returned it to processed it wrong while they charged me for the S7 edge. Overall a big mess I have.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint user perplexed

WOW.

I am still holding on to my Note 7. Still using it every day. Picked up a Galaxy S7 Edge as I am flying in a few weeks. Planned on turning the Note in in February when the S8 comes out.

Just received a text from Sprint: On 12/09/2016, a $427.99 account credit was applied; it posts in 15 minutes." (I bought the Note for $399.99 plus tax on a 2 year contract).

I still have my phone.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Does Samsung off refund if the screen is cracked? I have a note 7 for sprint with no service. I heard they are taking cracked screens as well. Is that true?

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I just got off phone with Sprint a bit ago. They will not send me another phone unless I pay for it up front to exchange my Note 7 with. They will not even send it to the local store to do a swap out. I don't want too, but they got my account info, so it will do me no good to keep it. I can't fork out 350.00 more while waiting on a refund on my N7. Sprint is forcing me to keep my N7. I tried to make a honest return, but I see that's not going to work. So if anything happens, it's Sprint's fault, not mine.

Call Samsung. Verizon pulled that with me and I wound up with 2 free S7 Edges after calling Samsung. Tell them you want to meet with Steri-Cycle to return it.

android44life

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
What the moderator D13H4RD2L1V3 doesn't realize is how many people have been TRYING to return the Note 7 but can't because they bought it directly from SAMSUNG. COM and are not allowed to ship it . Calls after calls after calls to samsung with no help, just ticket numbers. Kinda insulting to tell people who are still waiting for a $800 refund or pick up to just 'move on'

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol