T-Mobile Note Return Thread 2.0

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I went with the 7 edge and they put me on jump at the store and not jump on demand, now to get on JOD I have to return all the phones and lay the restocking fee! How can I get around this, is there an easier way to do this? This process will entail getting brand new 7 edges. I'm new to T-Mobile and there customer service is horrible, everyone you speak to says something different. I had a twitter DM with T-Mobile and told me exactly what to do and that I would not be charged restocking fee. Well once at the store, it's completely different story!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I went with the 7 edge and they put me on jump at the store and not jump on demand, now to get on JOD I have to return all the phones and lay the restocking fee! How can I get around this, is there an easier way to do this? This process will entail getting brand new 7 edges. I'm new to T-Mobile and there customer service is horrible, everyone you speak to says something different. I had a twitter DM with T-Mobile and told me exactly what to do and that I would not be charged restocking fee. Well once at the store, it's completely different story!
You need to have the Twitter guy note your account so the store can read what he has said and then they will approve it

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
You need to have the Twitter guy note your account so the store can read what he has said and then they will approve it

They did note my account and the rep at the store said he couldn't do without charging the restocking fee, then rep at store proceeds to tell me, that they technically can't do JOD in stores anymore, smh. I know he was full of it!

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I returned mine and ordered S7 Edge with JOD in store. That was the same store that told me they cant do JOD in store when I was first getting the note

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I know you just got it, but how are you liking the V20 so far? Specifically the display.
So far, so good. I don't have any concerns about LGs displays. I had G2, G3, G4, V10 before going to the Note 7 so I knew very well what I was getting. A few hours in and I'm very impressed with the V20.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So far, so good. I don't have any concerns about LGs displays. I had G2, G3, G4, V10 before going to the Note 7 so I knew very well what I was getting. A few hours in and I'm very impressed with the V20.
Would you say it's a better screen than the G4? Darker at lows Brighter on Max is what I'm looking for?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I finally got down to why it's been over a month and I have not got my refund. We called 611 again today and finally got a good rep and turns out the store as I suspected didn't process the return correctly so they never gave me a refund for the n7. So I had to go to the store that is 35 miles from me to get the refund processed 611 said. Not happy about it, but made the 70 mile round trip today. The same clerk who processed the original one looked at everything and agreed but he went to process it and it needed a manager override and the manager was off. Anyway, he called his manager but she wouldn't give the approval over the phone but if I wanted my refund processed today I would have to take it as a credit to my account then or comeback tomorrow when the manager is there! So tomorrow I will have to make a 70 mile round trip again in order to get the refund put back into my bank account!

Really unhappy with the whole process. If it wasn't for the iPhone 7 Plus 126gb phone being on backorder back on launch day I probably wouldn't have had this problem because I simply would have returned the edge and not do an exchange because I was going to order the iPhone directly from the Apple store so I wouldn't have to deal with the carrier BS anymore. I was at the order screen for the 7 Plus but it wouldn't give me in store pickup due to backorder.

I guess next time I'll buy an iPhone, or get an unlocked version from Best Buy of a Samsung Galaxy when they release them since Best Buy doesn't sell tmobile phone.

so I will probably waste half a day tomorrow getting this taken care of. Luckily I don't work ful-time right now, but it cuts time into my homework.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This is such a headache...anyone else have billing or credit issue?
Maybe someone can look over my bill and see if they're trying to pull something off to negate the recall credit.

I don't even think they are crediting my bill correctly. I have 5 lines and 2 of them are on installments for Note 7 (at the time), my bill is around 220.00 every month.

This months bill, with both Note 7 returned already, is 230.00. This is WITH 2 25.00 credit for the first recall. So that is 50.00 credit. Why would my bill be even higher with a 50.00 credit and nothings changed.

So I look at the detail of the bill.

They did this, "the entire Note 7 is due" then there is a credit that is supposed to balance out the Note 7 due. But it doesnt.

Here's what is on the bill
There is a total of 880.80 for the Note 7

Bill 1.PNG

This is the credit
There is a credit of only 843.93.

Bill2.PNG

This makes no sense. I called a Tmobile rep and they were no help, they pretty much just told me, "I don't know, everything is calculated automatically and it should be correct, the math don't lie maybe you're calculating wrong" Really?

I've always had two 800.00ish phones on installment and its always 220.00
My bill with a 50.00 credit should not be the same or higher than previous months without any credits.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Maybe someone can look over my bill and see if they're trying to pull something off to negate the recall credit.

I don't even think they are crediting my bill correctly. I have 5 lines and 2 of them are on installments for Note 7 (at the time), my bill is around 220.00 every month.

This months bill, with both Note 7 returned already, is 230.00. This is WITH 2 25.00 credit for the first recall. So that is 50.00 credit. Why would my bill be even higher with a 50.00 credit and nothings changed.

They did this, "the entire Note 7 is due" then there is a credit that is supposed to balance out the Note 7 due. But it doesnt.

View attachment 242912

This is the credit

View attachment 242913

This makes no sense. I called a Tmobile rep and they were no help, they pretty much just told me, "I don't know, everything is calculated automatically and it should be correct, the math don't lie maybe you're calculating wrong" Really?

My bill with a 50.00 credit should not be the same or higher than previous months without any credits.

That's messed up! At least I just pay in whole for my phones. Hopefully after tomorrow I'm done with the nightmare as well! 611 and Tforce on twitter are not a huge help unless you get a good rep. Finally got a rep today who figured what I suspected all along out that they didn't credit me for my Note 7. Now another 70 mile round trip !

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 242912

This is the credit

View attachment 242913

Send a DM to T-force on Twitter and they should get it squared away. I just talked to them this morning, specifically pointed out the $37.50 monthly lease payment that hasn't been credited and they took it off.

My bill looks very similar to yours BTW but they got it fixed in 30 or 40 minutes. Probably only took that long because I was asking about other things as well.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm back from my 70 mile round trip again. Really too mad to even talk right now! The store and corporate were unable to give me a refund because it's been over 30 days. This is despite the tmobile reps told me it could take up to 8 weeks for a refund, so I waited and waited like they told me until I called again the other day and finally got a decent rep who said that the store never issued me a refund.

So I went to the store today and so basically I did nothing wrong and I can't get a refund even though they're the ones who made the mistake!

So now I have a huge bill credit now. The 611 rep who talked to the store manager said they would try and escalate it and issue us a Visa giftcard but probably not.

I will eventually get my own plan but on Verizon or ATT so I can buy my phones at best Buy, or buy directly from the Apple store and not deal with these commission based carriers anymore!

A billion dollar company and they can't simply print me a check and mail it to me. When I worked at Officemax if someone returned something of a high dollar amount corporate would mail them a check. I'll post more later but I'm pretty irritated. On top of that, customer service didn't even give me any extra comp or anything on my bill for all these troubles.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My bill is ok right now, but my EIP is all screwed up. It still has a loaner S7 edge listed. Going to hit up T-Force to see if they can fix it. If not, now that I have my V20, I'm going to a T-Mobile store tomorrow to turn in my Note 7, so I'll see if they can fix it.

**update** the T-Force rep was able to get the EIP corrected. Hooray.

Last edited:

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have finally decided to exchange my Note7 for the iPhone7+. However, iPhone7+ is still on backorder. I sold my Note 5 so I don't have a backup phone and I can't really afford to pre-order another phone without getting my Note7 down payment refund first. I guess I am going to wait on the iPhone7+ to be in stock at stores and hope Samsung doesn't disable the Note7 and that T-Mobile will still process the exchange at that time.