T-Mobile Note Return Thread 2.0

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have finally decided to exchange my Note7 for the iPhone7+. However, iPhone7+ is still on backorder. I sold my Note 5 so I don't have a backup phone and I can't really afford to pre-order another phone without getting my Note7 down payment refund first. I guess I am going to wait on the iPhone7+ to be in stock at stores and hope Samsung doesn't disable the Note7 and that T-Mobile will still process the exchange at that time.

I bought the 7 plus and I'm very happy with it rock solid phone with some cool hidden features.
Just give your self a couple days to get used to iOS its a bit frustrating at first.
Display is great true colors.
Was a android user for the past 5 years

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have finally decided to exchange my Note7 for the iPhone7+. However, iPhone7+ is still on backorder. I sold my Note 5 so I don't have a backup phone and I can't really afford to pre-order another phone without getting my Note7 down payment refund first. I guess I am going to wait on the iPhone7+ to be in stock at stores and hope Samsung doesn't disable the Note7 and that T-Mobile will still process the exchange at that time.

Is it back ordered just from Tmobile or did you check Apple too? Might want to check Apple and the Apple Store. I can't believe the 7 Plus is still on backorder. Do they just not make enough phones? Apple Store sells Tmobile versions too and probably better to deal with.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Is it back ordered just from Tmobile or did you check Apple too? Might want to check Apple and the Apple Store. I can't believe the 7 Plus is still on backorder. Do they just not make enough phones? Apple Store sells Tmobile versions too and probably better to deal with.
Apple has them, but I don't have the money to pay full up front. I went ahead and ordered on another line on my account that has their phone paid off. I will be charged when it ships and then turn around and get my Note7 refund. They quoted me a shipping date of 11/28 - 12/14.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought the 7 plus and I'm very happy with it rock solid phone with some cool hidden features.
Just give your self a couple days to get used to iOS its a bit frustrating at first.
Display is great true colors.
Was a android user for the past 5 years
I am glad to hear you are enjoying yours. I have always been anti-iPhone, but after a lot of research and tons of YouTube videos I am super excited to try something new. 😊 I played with one tonight at T-Mobile while my husband exchanged his Note7 for the S7edge. There is definitely a learning curve, but I look forward to it. I just didn't want to go back to the Note 5 or get the S7edge. Not much else appealed to me. I may go back to Note next year (if they continue them). We shall see. 😊

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting for my refund. Still no check in the mail. We called again today and they said their "research department" is still trying to verify I've turned everything in and all even though that was over a month ago I got the email saying they got everything back.

They're supposed to call us in a couple days.

The Note 8 will be out and some of us will still be trying to get refunds or our bills fixed.

Last time I buy a phone from Tmobile. or a carrier. I will either buy it unlocked from Best Buy, go to an Apple Store or order from Samsung.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The saga continues. So my dad got an email this morning (on a family plan) and now saying I need to send them a bank statement showing I PURCHASED the Note 7! They have record of my sale in their computers and all and never asked for this before. This was supposed to be resolved over a week ago and I should have had my check. Now they need to research it more they said and hence why they requested my bank info. Not very happy right now.

I wonder what I can do if I get denied the refund again? Go to the local media "call for action" and see if they want a story on it? It's been nearly TWO months since I returned the Note 7 and still no refund. can the government do anything since it's a recalled item? I'm wondering if the bank card I used if Visa can attempt to do a charge back then. I swear for the Note 8 I might just get my own plan with a different carrier. At the very least I can then buy it from Best Buy which seems to be having an easier return process.

The store I bought the phone we figured it out why it got messed up becuase the store never processed the return, just charged me for a new phone and they were no help in wanting to correct their mistake. They only care about making a sale and commission.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
The saga continues. So my dad got an email this morning (on a family plan) and now saying I need to send them a bank statement showing I PURCHASED the Note 7! They have record of my sale in their computers and all and never asked for this before. This was supposed to be resolved over a week ago and I should have had my check. Now they need to research it more they said and hence why they requested my bank info. Not very happy right now.

I wonder what I can do if I get denied the refund again? Go to the local media "call for action" and see if they want a story on it? It's been nearly TWO months since I returned the Note 7 and still no refund. can the government do anything since it's a recalled item? I'm wondering if the bank card I used if Visa can attempt to do a charge back then. I swear for the Note 8 I might just get my own plan with a different carrier. At the very least I can then buy it from Best Buy which seems to be having an easier return process.

The store I bought the phone we figured it out why it got messed up becuase the store never processed the return, just charged me for a new phone and they were no help in wanting to correct their mistake. They only care about making a sale and commission.

If I were you I would be tweeting John legere, CEO of T-Mobile daily, maybe even a few times a day if I were u, that is unacceptable. My guess is you would get this issue resolved much more quickly. Hth

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If I were you I would be tweeting John legere, CEO of T-Mobile daily, maybe even a few times a day if I were u, that is unacceptable. My guess is you would get this issue resolved much more quickly. Hth

We called today and they said my refund was approved and I should have a check by the 21st. I've been through this bs before two weeks ago when they said a check was coming. I might start going public with it on twitter then. We been with them for over nine years never had a problem liek this, but it seems their customer support always stinks each time I gotta deal with them.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten all their credit yet?
I had 2 Note 7s returned twiced and paided about 40.00 for installment.

I have 1 40.00 credit thats it. I'm still missing another 40.00 for the other note 7. Two 25.00 credit for the first return, two 25.00 for the 2nd return, and two 75.00 for the inconvenience credit. I keep asking and they keep saying it'll be next bill cycle. I'm not seeing jack and I ask again they tell me next bill cycle.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten all their credit yet?
I had 2 Note 7s returned twiced and paided about 40.00 for installment.

I have 1 40.00 credit thats it. I'm still missing another 40.00 for the other note 7. Two 25.00 credit for the first return, two 25.00 for the 2nd return, and two 75.00 for the inconvenience credit. I keep asking and they keep saying it'll be next bill cycle. I'm not seeing jack and I ask again they tell me next bill cycle.

Their whole system is screwed up. I still have not got my check. They originally gave me a $864 bill credit but I told them that was unacceptable and wanted a check since I paid with my charge card and they won't refund the card when I returned it on Sept 14th the store screwed me over. Would going to the media help?

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Their whole system is screwed up. I still have not got my check. They originally gave me a $864 bill credit but I told them that was unacceptable and wanted a check since I paid with my charge card and they won't refund the card when I returned it on Sept 14th the store screwed me over. Would going to the media help?

A lot of people say if you take it to twitter T Force will help. I'll wait another bill cycle and if it doesn't come as they promise, I'm blasting it over social media. This is just ridiculous. I've worked a number of jobs growing up and if I learned anything, you do not need to wait on credit, a press of a button on a computer will apply a credit.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
A lot of people say if you take it to twitter T Force will help. I'll wait another bill cycle and if it doesn't come as they promise, I'm blasting it over social media. This is just ridiculous. I've worked a number of jobs growing up and if I learned anything, you do not need to wait on credit, a press of a button on a computer will apply a credit.

I know. What happened when I returned it to a store on Sept 14th I purchased an S7 edge but instead of refunding it back to the card or applying the return towards the s7 edge, they did nothing except charge me for an S7 Edge and give me cash back for the tax. They gave me no receipt as well. Probably did it this way so they could get credit for a sale. I went to Tforce for help and they gave me run around and eventually they said to go back to that store. The store said they were unable to refund my card past 14 days! They called customer service and said they woudl credit my bill because no way for them to refund me. Finally after arguing they said I would get a check. Then time and weeks went on and then we call again and they said my claim was rejected. When then went through it again and they said I needed to send bank statements in. Finally early last week they said it was approved. Still no check in the mail.

The whole they can't refund the card is total BS. They're trying to get out of refunding people hoping they just give up.

I'll also go to the card company and see if they can credit me back the Note 7 that way and force it on them. I hate these cell providers. WIth only 4 major providers in the US they have a monopoly going on.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
We called Tmobile again today. Got the usual runaround from them how they're still waiting from this department blah blah blah and check has never been approved despite last week they told us it would be in the mail. Pressed and pressed and they finally said in 2 to 3 business days I will get it back on my bank card. If by next week I don't get it back we are contacting the attorney general office and I'll reach out to local media reporters and see if they want to do a story on this whole ordeal with people trying to get refunds for the Note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Tried reaching out to Tforce and they're even more clueless than the 800 number reps. They just told me the same thing I was told on 10/20 that I was given a bill credit, which we declined it and opted for the refund via a check instead which of course never went through and was now promised to go back onto my bank card which it has NOT.

I've basically exhausted my options with Tmobile. Getting nowhere with Tforce, 800 number is nothing but different excuses each time I contact them. My options now are to contact the card company and try to dispute the purchase from Aug, contact attorney general, BBB or local news action team and maybe reach to Samsung for help. This is the last samsung I'm buying now and will probably order an unlocked V20 so I don't have to deal with a carrier anymore.

This is quite simply fraud. I paid for two devices, but have only been in possession of one since Sept 14th.

CrisG

May 29, 2010
Visit site
This is such a headache...anyone else have billing or credit issue?

I had the same issue. I was also charged for the accessories that I returned, and the monthly equipment charges I paid for the Note 7 were not credited towards my new device or refunded whatsoever. On top of that, I was still waiting for the $75.00 credit for switching to another Samsung device. My bills since this debacle were a nightmare. I finally got this taken care of yesterday with T-Force on Twitter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800