T-Mobile Note Return Thread 2.0

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]T-Mobile is also processing Note 7 returns in its stores. Just visit the nearest location, and bring your Note 7 along with any accessories you purchased from T-Mobile. You'll be able to choose from a complete refund or a new phone plus the difference in purchase price.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have questions or can't get to a store, call T-Mobile at 1-844-275-9309.[/FONT]

neemer5

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
What will they do if you can't get to a store? When I had called a couple days ago, the operator said they are only handling returns in the store, they are not accepting shipment returns and that was pretty much it.
They also said that there are no deadlines yet, but strangely she also said "You don't HAVE TO return your phone, but we want to make sure you get the phone you want." I though that was strange, since I didn't really ask to keep it, I was pretty resolute about returning the phone.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well ok... Old thread is closed lol... I have decided that I will hold on to my note 7 until the v20 comes out and then swap to that my only issue is how do I preorder a v20 without putting it on a new line?

I'm really going to miss Samsung Pay

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Well ok... Old thread is closed lol... I have decided that I will hold on to my note 7 until the v20 comes out and then swap to that my only issue is how do I preorder a v20 without putting it on a new line?

I was going to do this too but decided to return my Note 7 for a full refund and the do a Jump pre-order when V20 goes up next week. Spoke to a CSR this morning and he said that would be the best way to do it.

I have a nexus that I will use in the meantime until v20 comes out.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was going to do this too but decided to return my Note 7 for a full refund and the do a Jump pre-order when V20 goes up next week. Spoke to a CSR this morning and he said that would be the best way to do it.

I have a nexus that I will use in the meantime until v20 comes out.
Unfortunately I do not have a spare phone I just sent back my LG G4 two days ago

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Reach out to T-Force on Twitter DM. I bet once pre-orders go live they will place the order for you since the N7 will be a return.

bilbowd9

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
This REALLY hacks me off. I had paid 14 months on my Note 5 before jumping to the Note 7. I don't want another phone and will probably end up having to start paying all over on a Note 5. RIDICULOUS to say the least.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Called the 1-844 number. I was told that I have the option to keep it and there is no time limit to exchange the N7 since there is no official recall from the CPSC. Its hard to let it go and I'm not liking the other choices. Tmo store near me ran out of the S7 edge and the Note 5 has no sd slot. This is really sad.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
..... Samsung Pay, This fabulous screen + brightness and I personally have been getting excellent battery life in my book... I'm going to miss this phone
52f60da5381a23e719bc72ee6fab1cf6.jpg

c221bae2e8d6ed4065d03215d9a82fa9.jpg

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Called the 1-844 number. I was told that I have the option to keep it and there is no time limit to exchange the N7 since there is no official recall from the CPSC. Its hard to let it go and I'm not liking the other choices. Tmo store near me ran out of the S7 edge and the Note 5 has no sd slot. This is really sad.

Do you use Jump?

Would they let you use the Note 7 for a Jump down the road?

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I caved and ordered an iphone 7 plus. Cringe worthy but there is nothing else I want at the moment. T-Mobile allowed me to place the order and keep the note 7 for now. I would assume this would work for those considering the v20 as well.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Do you use Jump?

Would they let you use the Note 7 for a Jump down the road?

Yes, I'm on Jump. They just told me its not mandatory to return it but advices not to use it.

Looking into the LG V20. I used to have HTC and it was a decent phone but I don't see it available in tmobile.com 😕

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

The second recall just came down from the CPSC.

On T-mobile website they are now saying to return the phone ASAP.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I just got off the phone with TMo and they def said I needed to return it. I haven't heard anything about the CPSC official 2nd recall. Thinking I may go with an S7 Edge for now as I'm on JoD and can get something else when something piques my interest.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm on the original Jump plan. I'm deciding between the V20 and iphone 7+. V20 doesn't come out for a couple of weeks, and from what I understand 7+ are basically on backorder. I don't have a backup phone. So if I got a V20 or 7+ would I have to go phoneless for a while, or would they give me a loaner phone?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm on the original Jump plan. I'm deciding between the V20 and iphone 7+. V20 doesn't come out for a couple of weeks, and from what I understand 7+ are basically on backorder. I don't have a backup phone. So if I got a V20 or 7+ would I have to go phoneless for a while, or would they give me a loaner phone?
I'm on JOD and trying not to burn a Jump until the V20 comes out but Tforce on Twitter DM is telling me that's the only way, no loaners have been approved, yet. I guess my other option is paying a restocking fee under buyers remorse and just using a phone for 14 days.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got this text from T-mobile:

text.png

I will T-Mobile, I will! Just don't know what phone to get yet... (yes, I know, I shouldn't even have the phone on right now.)