10-14-2016 07:58 AM
158 12345 ...
tools
    Yeah, Ry I wish that were true but I just re read the at&t note 7 exchange page and it doesn't say you get a free s7 anywhere.
    I guess I'm interpreting it as you may be money back if you swap to a cheaper S7.
    10-12-2016 03:25 PM
    I guess it's too hard for you to comprehend that some people lost money on this N7 fiasco
    Could you explain how please? Because I'm also not seeing a way to lose out.
    10-12-2016 03:25 PM
    Can you please show me where it says at&t customers are getting a free S7? I have at&t and I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. I would love for this to be true!!!
    That was told to me by a rep. I would call your store to verify. But that is what I was told.
    10-12-2016 03:28 PM
    I guess it's too hard for you to comprehend that some people lost money on this N7 fiasco
    Those with the Note7 are getting back what they paid for the Note7. The wording seems to me as if you got additional credit back for trading in an old device, the same credit should apply to the final cost of whatever device you switch to.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:28 PM
    Losing out meaning some people, like me, sold or traded in their old smartphone because they were ready to upgrade specifically for the Note 7. For people who would have otherwise waited for newer tech.

My options are:

1. Overpaying for a replacement phone (I traded my s5 in for $100, another s5 would cost me about $200 used)

2. Choosing a phone that I'll be unhappy with for another 2 years.
    10-12-2016 03:30 PM
    That was told to me by a rep. I would call your store to verify. But that is what I was told.
    They're letting you switch to an S7 for "free" by trading in the Note7.
    Shanicenicolle and markman097 like this.
    10-12-2016 03:32 PM
    Could you explain how please? Because I'm also not seeing a way to lose out.
    Example: let's say I sold my Note 5 for $400 and bought the N7. I'm refunded the total price of the N7 but now a Note 5 is going to cost me $530 because demand is up.... That's a $130 loss..
    jackash0912 and athenatp like this.
    10-12-2016 03:32 PM
    They're letting you switch to an S7 for "free" by trading in the Note7.
    That rep is giving out false info. I really wish this were true. The website says if you return your Note 7, you get a credit toward your bill of $25 per device.
    Attached Thumbnails The only compromise I am willing to make-235.jpg  
    10-12-2016 03:34 PM
    Example: let's say I sold my Note 5 for $400 and bought the N7. I'm refunded the total price of the N7 but now a Note 5 is going to cost me $530 because demand is up.... That's a $130 loss..
    Ok, so if a Note costs $750 (as example for easy numbers) and you paid $350 + $400 from the Note 5 sale, then they give you $750 back, and you buy a Note 5 for $550 that leaves you with $200 in your pocket and a new phone to replace your old used phone? And the $200 cash you have minus the $350 you paid means that you actually spent $150 to trade your phone for the same model?

Just restating to make sure I understand.
    Kalious, Ry and debdroid1a like this.
    10-12-2016 03:38 PM
    They are expected to lose over $17 billion in just sales. $1.6 billion in disposal fees. We're lucky Samsung hasn't folded over this fiasco. As many articles have stated, any other cell phone company would have folded. I agree, we should get some form of compensation, but I would rather have a better "Note 8" than no Note 8 at all.
    As of May, Samsung was valued at a little over $160 billion. The loss in product and market share will sting a little bit but no threat to the company folding.
    athenatp and dcooper830 like this.
    10-12-2016 03:44 PM
    Yes, a lot of people will take a loss similar to this, including myself. We should at least be eligible to re purchase our trade-ins for the same price.
    10-12-2016 03:46 PM
    Ok, so if a Note costs $750 (as example for easy numbers) and you paid $350 + $400 from the Note 5 sale, then they give you $750 back, and you buy a Note 5 for $550 that leaves you with $200 in your pocket and a new phone to replace your old used phone? And the $200 cash you have minus the $350 you paid means that you actually spent $150 to trade your phone for the same model?

Just restating to make sure I understand.
    Yes, so the person is $150 out of pocket when it's all said and done....
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:47 PM
    Yes but Samsung has no way of telling how this whole thing is going to affect their stocks in the near and distant future. They lost almost 10 percent of their value in one week. That's a lot of money for a multi billion dollar company.
    10-12-2016 03:49 PM
    That rep is giving out false info. I really wish this were true. The website says if you return your Note 7, you get a credit toward your bill of $25 per device.
    "Customers with a recalled Galaxy Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, or Galaxy S7 active or any other smartphone"

There's your "free" S7.

And if you pick a Samsung, you get an additional $25.
    10-12-2016 04:16 PM
    "Customers with a recalled Galaxy Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, or Galaxy S7 active or any other smartphone"

There's your "free" S7.

And if you pick a Samsung, you get an additional $25.
    You're paying the monthly device charge still, so that's not free. And the additional $25 is a pipe dream because I was promised that with the initial recall and never got it.

The problem you're not seeing here, is that there's a reason people upgraded to the Note 7. It wasn't so they could get a "free" S7 edge. I get that it's a crap situation and no one could control it other than Samsung, but that's the reality and people aren't thrilled about it. I want/need a Note device. So the "free" S7 active is worthless to me.
    jackash0912, Jona005 and athenatp like this.
    10-12-2016 04:30 PM
    Nothing is for free... None of the carriers have said that. I really think people should stop giving out misinformation until they do research first. Otherwise it will just confuse everyone... All of the carriers stated that if you decide on a S7 or Edge then they will do the price difference and $25.00 credit.
    10-12-2016 04:35 PM
    You're paying the monthly device charge still, so that's not free. And the additional $25 is a pipe dream because I was promised that with the initial recall and never got it.

The problem you're not seeing here, is that there's a reason people upgraded to the Note 7. It wasn't so they could get a "free" S7 edge. I get that it's a crap situation and no one could control it other than Samsung, but that's the reality and people aren't thrilled about it. I want/need a Note device. So the "free" S7 active is worthless to me.
    Yes. It's a trade, not "free" (which is why I have free in quotes). Any expectation of an actual free S7 is unrealistic.
    10-12-2016 04:36 PM
    As a note 7 owner whom has remained loyal to Samsung throughout this whole ordeal, I feel that Samsung could do much better to compensate the customers who pay the most for a premium device. Like many of you, I don't want to give up my note 7 and all other offerings don't hold much of a candle to this device.

To make me happy Samsung should do exactly this:

"We recognize our failure and wish to keep our loyal Note customers happy. We will now offer a note 5 free of charge to previous note 7 owners."
    A note 5 should be offered for our trouble if Samsung cares anything about keeping note owners happy. Then and only then will I give up my note 7 (which is a liability for them as long as it is in my possession)
    Just came from a Note 5 to a 7. Great phone but would miss my 7 too much being reminded about it. Moving to a LG V20.
    10-12-2016 04:41 PM
    Yes. It's a trade, not "free" (which is why I have free in quotes). Any expectation of an actual free S7 is unrealistic.
    I agree. But let's go ahead and drop the "free", quotations and all. Because it definitely isn't.
    10-12-2016 04:49 PM
    Well I got a free 256 gb SD card that costs a pretty penny in the stores so I'm happy. I guess I'm just easy to please. The whole situation sucks but it's not that serious to me. Lol
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:00 PM
    So for me, I had the hassle of buying it full price and returning it. No biggee. I didn't sell my iPhone 6s, so was easy to go direct back to my old device. However I am out the cost of 4 cases, a gear Vr, the apps I bought for the gear Vr, the wifi charger, a new car charger and usb-c cables. I'm soured on Samsung, and have zero interest in the edge of the s7.

This has been a disaster. And I was looking to get an s3 frontier watch as well as some other Samsung gear. I'm out, there is no other phone that I want, and I'm stuck with Samsung branded **** that I don't need. I came out better than many on this forum because I never traded my old phone in, but nobody in this mess came out whole I'd imagine.

Yea, Samsung paid and lost money, but so did I, and it was their negligence. Not ours. So for those defending Samsung saying they lost money, let me remind you they put out a device twice that was defective to the point that they had to do a global recall. It was their incompetence that led to this anger by their customers, and have soured me on them for at least some time to come. They came a long way from my old s3, and was willing to give them a try which lost me money, they won't get my trust anytime soon again.
    keepnitreel and LegalAmerican like this.
    10-12-2016 06:32 PM
    You know, it's pretty cool to be in a situation where you are guaranteed a full refund for a defective product. I think we take this for granted sometimes. I for one, was very happy with being able to return my Note 7 with no penalty and then on top of that, they let us keep the Gear Fit/SD card! Imagine living in a country/world where it is buyer beware, and there are no protections in place for the consumer...
    Cherries01 likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:33 PM
    Why is that a delighter? I don't understand the idea that we should be happy that we get / got a refund, to me that's a baseline expectation.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:36 PM
    My biggest issues are the lack of decent options right now and the $100 or so I spent on accessories that I will have no use for. If I downgrade to the 7 edge I can still use my charging stand, but I think I'm done with Samsung for a while. I've basically been the laughing stock of my friends and family because of this phone.

It's really hard to fight the anti-apple battle when you almost consider getting one yourself after this fiasco. Of course I would never own an iPhone, but this is the first time it has crossed my mind.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:43 PM
    All I want is to see for a fact they figured out what the issue is before the s8 comes out
    10-12-2016 07:11 PM
158 12345 ...