10-14-2016 07:58 AM
158 ... 567
tools
    I agree that Samsung should have done more to keep us as customers.

The majority of the people who bought the N7 are either loyalists or those that will pay for the latest and greatest. These should be the customers that Samsung wants to keep.

Providing a phone (N5 or S7E) to use until the N8 is released or we decide to upgrade to a Samsung released before then would have been a great way to do it. Instead, we have to choose a phone that we'll be stuck with for 2 years (or most will be). There's a real chance that a lot of us will go to another manufacturer and never return to Samsung.

I for one and highly upset at their lack of care about keeping us as customers. There's no phone out there today that I want. I'm going to wait until I can get my hands on the Pixel and V20 and use a loaned iPhone 6S until then. Maybe I'll return to Sammy, likely not.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-13-2016 08:02 PM
    They deserve to lose billions on this. They royally screwed up.

Between this and their judgments against them, hopefully they are looking at way to be honorable when doing business.
    10-13-2016 08:40 PM
    I take it you brought one out right. Nothing for the payment plan ppl huh?
    By cutting $200-$300 from the value of the device, the amount you pay over the 2 year period or however long your plan lasts will decrease by that same amount...
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-13-2016 09:04 PM
    I agree that Samsung should have done more to keep us as customers.

The majority of the people who bought the N7 are either loyalists or those that will pay for the latest and greatest. These should be the customers that Samsung wants to keep.

Providing a phone (N5 or S7E) to use until the N8 is released or we decide to upgrade to a Samsung released before then would have been a great way to do it. Instead, we have to choose a phone that we'll be stuck with for 2 years (or most will be). There's a real chance that a lot of us will go to another manufacturer and never return to Samsung.

I for one and highly upset at their lack of care about keeping us as customers. There's no phone out there today that I want. I'm going to wait until I can get my hands on the Pixel and V20 and use a loaned iPhone 6S until then. Maybe I'll return to Sammy, likely not.
    About 6 months until the Next Big Thing Explosion...
    10-13-2016 09:07 PM
    That's unrealistic.
    It is also unrealistic that I give up my previous phone for this specific phone. I did not want any other phone. I was content with what I had and this was THE one. It is unrealistic that now after returning it and wasting ridiculous amounts of time doing so I am asked to do it again. This time they are not able to give me a safe Note 7 OR the phone I traded back into VZ to make this Upgrade. Take a little money out of the corporate perks for all the execs at Samsung. Ground the dam corporate jet. I don't care. Take care of US. Time is money and I have wasted a crazy amount of time and about to waste some more on this return. NONE of this was our fault. It was Samsung's fault . They tried to get production out before the Iphone so they could profit more. Now it bit them in the hiney. Why should we not be compensated very well? This is a mess up of unseen proportions , our compensation should match.
    I am surprised I have not seen the notices yet of class action suits.
    athenatp and jackash0912 like this.
    10-13-2016 09:29 PM
    What
    I can get a note 5 for 299.00
    What if I returned my phone already.

Who is this threw and how to you get it.
    You can buy a refurbished or mint note 5 for 330 through swappa.com it's been that way for awhile
    Law2138 likes this.
    10-14-2016 06:56 AM
    I am confused though. I have received no email, no text, no call for this recall. Yet I'm told they will not cut my imei off if I keep the N7. They will charge me of coarse. Why can't Samsung reproduce the issue? Is it possible this is just a software issue that has to have some sort of trigger? Like an app causing run away?
    Joachimi likes this.
    10-14-2016 07:19 AM
    It is also unrealistic that I give up my previous phone for this specific phone. I did not want any other phone. I was content with what I had and this was THE one. It is unrealistic that now after returning it and wasting ridiculous amounts of time doing so I am asked to do it again. This time they are not able to give me a safe Note 7 OR the phone I traded back into VZ to make this Upgrade. Take a little money out of the corporate perks for all the execs at Samsung. Ground the dam corporate jet. I don't care. Take care of US. Time is money and I have wasted a crazy amount of time and about to waste some more on this return. NONE of this was our fault. It was Samsung's fault . They tried to get production out before the Iphone so they could profit more. Now it bit them in the hiney. Why should we not be compensated very well? This is a mess up of unseen proportions , our compensation should match.
    I am surprised I have not seen the notices yet of class action suits.
    I'd get on the phone with customer retentions and work something out so that you can get a refurb of the phone you traded in. Its absolutely fair that they do this because had the Note 7 not been released, you could argue that you would have held on to that device indefinitely. Work your way up the ladder at VZ and write letters if you have to.

Giving out new flagship devices (this years or last years) is not their gig and it wont happen. Unless you were one of those injured by a burning Note 7 prior to the official recall, don't expect to be compensated very well.
    Joachimi likes this.
    10-14-2016 07:58 AM
158 ... 567