The only compromise I am willing to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Samsung offered all carriers the option of giving customers free S7s as a replacement phone, but as far as I know, only AT&T took them up on that offer. Those customers will get a free, brand new Galaxy S7 regular version & will also get to keep their upgrade if they choose to get something else. Everyone else just has to waste their upgrade on an old phone.
Oh wow. I'm really hoping Verizon will do the same. Highly doubtful....

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
They are expected to lose over $17 billion in just sales. $1.6 billion in disposal fees. We're lucky Samsung hasn't folded over this fiasco. As many articles have stated, any other cell phone company would have folded. I agree, we should get some form of compensation, but I would rather have a better "Note 8" than no Note 8 at all.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
See..... this is cool for someone like me that has a phone to fall back on that's already paid for. But what about the people that sold or traded in their old devices for much less? Seems they are the losers in this whole thing because now they have to actually spend more money to get back what they originally had from the beginning. They don't get to walk away even stevens and a $25 credit or even gift card doesn't bridge the gap for their out of pocket....

..um. you get a full refund. Buy your replacement phone with that.

??

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Samsung offered all carriers the option of giving customers free S7s as a replacement phone, but as far as I know, only AT&T took them up on that offer. Those customers will get a free, brand new Galaxy S7 regular version & will also get to keep their upgrade if they choose to get something else. Everyone else just has to waste their upgrade on an old phone.

Can you please show me where it says at&t customers are getting a free S7? I have at&t and I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. I would love for this to be true!!!

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
👆 this right here. I sold the device I had previously paid off thinking this would be my phone for the next couple of years.

I put a lot of trust in this brand, and the decision to purchase this phone wasn't taken lightly. Now I'm stuck with a phone that I am not going to be happy with the next couple of years. I wouldn't call that wanting something for nothing.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Ry I wish that were true but I just re read the at&t note 7 exchange page and it doesn't say you get a free s7 anywhere.

I guess I'm interpreting it as you may be money back if you swap to a cheaper S7.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Can you please show me where it says at&t customers are getting a free S7? I have at&t and I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. I would love for this to be true!!!
That was told to me by a rep. I would call your store to verify. But that is what I was told.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's too hard for you to comprehend that some people lost money on this N7 fiasco

Those with the Note7 are getting back what they paid for the Note7. The wording seems to me as if you got additional credit back for trading in an old device, the same credit should apply to the final cost of whatever device you switch to.

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Losing out meaning some people, like me, sold or traded in their old smartphone because they were ready to upgrade specifically for the Note 7. For people who would have otherwise waited for newer tech.

My options are:

1. Overpaying for a replacement phone (I traded my s5 in for $100, another s5 would cost me about $200 used)

2. Choosing a phone that I'll be unhappy with for another 2 years.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Could you explain how please? Because I'm also not seeing a way to lose out.
Example: let's say I sold my Note 5 for $400 and bought the N7. I'm refunded the total price of the N7 but now a Note 5 is going to cost me $530 because demand is up.... That's a $130 loss..

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
They're letting you switch to an S7 for "free" by trading in the Note7.

That rep is giving out false info. I really wish this were true. The website says if you return your Note 7, you get a credit toward your bill of $25 per device.

Attachments

• 235.jpg
    235.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 51

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Example: let's say I sold my Note 5 for $400 and bought the N7. I'm refunded the total price of the N7 but now a Note 5 is going to cost me $530 because demand is up.... That's a $130 loss..
Ok, so if a Note costs $750 (as example for easy numbers) and you paid $350 + $400 from the Note 5 sale, then they give you $750 back, and you buy a Note 5 for $550 that leaves you with $200 in your pocket and a new phone to replace your old used phone? And the $200 cash you have minus the $350 you paid means that you actually spent $150 to trade your phone for the same model?

Just restating to make sure I understand.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
They are expected to lose over $17 billion in just sales. $1.6 billion in disposal fees. We're lucky Samsung hasn't folded over this fiasco. As many articles have stated, any other cell phone company would have folded. I agree, we should get some form of compensation, but I would rather have a better "Note 8" than no Note 8 at all.

As of May, Samsung was valued at a little over $160 billion. The loss in product and market share will sting a little bit but no threat to the company folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy