10-13-2016 08:33 AM
46 12
tools
    Just adding my thoughts.... Note 7 is still running with me.. im not using it in public places but i cant give up like that but im not risking it by using in public places... and there are no issues with my phone..!! its all fine.. just saying.. Samsung gulf sold 19,000 Note 7 phones but non of em show up as a positive faulty.. not even before the recall... so yes there might be something going on.. but anyway its already too late for NOTE 7 lovers.. and SAMSUNG CANT MAKE THEIR PHONES TO CATCH FIRE as well... so there is something i guess...! anyway... its all about safety so no use.. but my note 7 is still functional...
    Lets see.....
    10-13-2016 03:08 AM
    Just adding my thoughts.... Note 7 is still running with me.. im not using it in public places but i cant give up like that but im not risking it by using in public places... and there are no issues with my phone..!! its all fine.. just saying.. Samsung gulf sold 19,000 Note 7 phones but non of em show up as a positive faulty.. not even before the recall... so yes there might be something going on.. but anyway its already too late for NOTE 7 lovers.. and SAMSUNG CANT MAKE THEIR PHONES TO CATCH FIRE as well... so there is something i guess...! anyway... its all about safety so no use.. but my note 7 is still functional...
    Lets see.....
    With my luck I will have returned the best phone I could have and the cpsc will find no issue with the plane guys N7 except fraud. I mean it is strange. My Verizon store guys r still rocking theirs.
    10-13-2016 04:08 AM
    i just feel so bad for the folks at samsung. i really hope the investors don't start pressurizing the company to press the red button (read downsizing). people have families to feed

i don't understand why the morons were so desperate to outdo Apple! they were good enough the way they were, but for some reason, they decided to step on the gas a bit too much. the pressure of expectations literally got to the device and it blew up!
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:14 AM
    It's funny, I made a thread with the same topic yesterday, and people told me to put on my foil hat, whatever that means, lol
    10-13-2016 04:17 AM
    I've been saying from the start.

I think maximum 2 to 3 devices must've burnt.

The rest was just propaganda against Samsung by media.

I saw BGR and The Verge reporting all of these stories first. Especially that "text message from Samsung" story. That story was when media hit rock bottom because there was no truth in that. How can a Samsung rep send such an important message with such bad English to the wrong person?

All these stories were hyped to reach one headline: the Note 7 is dead. And the media achieved that.

You can see how they still keep fixating on this word; dead.

Call me crazy but I don't believe all of these stories were true. The videos, the stories and everything else look fake to me.

And yes it is strange now that the phone has been recalled there are no more cases of burnt phones. Right before recall the number was escalating by the minutes.

Samsung didn't lost a production war. They lost the war of media.
    Excellent posts. Too bad there is a certain attitude against alternative views like this here.
    10-13-2016 04:33 AM

CPSC issues second Galaxy Note 7 recall — 23 new fires involving replacement Notes | Android Central

I've been saying from the start.

I think maximum 2 to 3 devices must've burnt.

The rest was just propaganda against Samsung by media.

I saw BGR and The Verge reporting all of these stories first. Especially that "text message from Samsung" story. That story was when media hit rock bottom because there was no truth in that. How can a Samsung rep send such an important message with such bad English to the wrong person?

All these stories were hyped to reach one headline: the Note 7 is dead. And the media achieved that.

Call me crazy but I don't believe all of these stories were true. The videos, the stories and everything else look fake to me.

And yes it is strange now that the phone has been recalled there are no more cases of burnt phones. Right before recall the number was escalating by the minutes.

Samsung didn't lost a production war. They lost the war of media.
    10-13-2016 04:49 AM
    10-13-2016 05:18 AM
    With my luck I will have returned the best phone I could have and the cpsc will find no issue with the plane guys N7 except fraud. I mean it is strange. My Verizon store guys r still rocking theirs.
    Yep, if I was lucky enough to have had a Note 7 I would be so annoyed at myself if I'd turned mine in because I had listened to a bunch of media hyped up sensationalists on the Internet over my own intuition.

Think for yourself with your own mind and keep your Note 7 I say!
    10-13-2016 05:19 AM
    I vape E-cigarettes using 18650 battery mods. These batteries are NOTORIOUS for exploding, yet they haven't been subject to a global recall. I can walk down the street vaping my notoriously explode-prone Vaping device and people don't run away screaming, I can enter public places and get on the bus and all is good.

My point is the media was all over these Vaping devices when the laws were changed to make Vaping "regulated" a year ago and now nothing.

Just saying. **** the media, think for yourself!
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:25 AM
    Well we all knew this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time...
    10-13-2016 05:30 AM
    Because mission accomplished
    10-13-2016 06:09 AM
    10-13-2016 06:21 AM

Agreed. It's like these guys just couldn't wait to get rid of the Note 7. Samsung declares a temporary halt to sales and production, but every story spins it as a permanent halt and starts tolling the death knell. OK, I get it - it's a big story, and everyone wants to "scoop" the other media outlets and be the first to predict the demise of the Note 7. But it's irresponsible "yellow journalism" to state things as fact without any sort of official confirmation. I can't help but wonder if all the negative reports about the N7 may have actually contributed to its demise...
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:22 AM
    23 reports.

Reports.

See how they mess with your brain?
    Reports aren't necessarily evidences.

They put the number 23 there just to screw up with your mind.

I could've reported another 23 if I could. Then the number would've been 46.

There's a difference between 23 reports and "23 Galaxy phones FOUND burnt."
    EMGSM and hummingbirdhill like this.
    10-13-2016 06:26 AM
    Not going to lie, I too was wondering, or at least thinking about how for 3 days in a row, story after story came out about replacement devices still having the same issue. And then nothing. When people were at their busiest, first work day of the week, back after 3 days of nothing but reports of issue after issue, and no other cases reported or followed up on.

But then again it very well could have been that because of the 3 days in a row of reports, enough people heard the warnings, and statements from Samsung, and after 2 rounds of issues they knew another recall was coming, so they could have just jumped ship and cut their losses as well.

It's hard to say at this point what came first, the chicken or the egg.

Yes, there are still plenty of people using their devices that are not on here. I spoke with one guy yesterday that still had his original launch unit, at Best Buy, in the process of switching into his just received in the mail replacement unit from sprint. 2 full days after statements from Samsung. And the in store Samsung rep was confused because the on the phone Samsung CSR was telling the customer that the recall was only for originally issued devices and was still checking the IMEI against the website to say his phone was in the clear.

That just goes back to the point that while most of us know what's happening or has happened, there are still plenty others that don't know or are still using the device and yet there were still no new reports after the weekend.

There are so many ways to look at things to say it makes sense that collectively, none of it makes sense. The only thing that should make sense at this point is personal and public safety. I am still using mine, but only because I am trying to determine where I want to place my money since there is no other device I want to commit my time using for the two years. And forking out the cash now and then again in a year is, for me, more of a financial burden than it is a luxury for a phone.
    Bbarbie and hummingbirdhill like this.
    10-13-2016 06:39 AM
    The fact that there's not that many reports now could be that many people are simply turning in the phone
    This :-)
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:42 AM
    VIDEO: Vaporizer battery catches fire in woman's purse at Freehold Raceway Mall in NJ | abc7ny.com

I vape E-cigarettes using 18650 battery mods. These batteries are NOTORIOUS for exploding, yet they haven't been subject to a global recall. I can walk down the street vaping my notoriously explode-prone Vaping device and people don't run away screaming, I can enter public places and get on the bus and all is good.

My point is the media was all over these Vaping devices when the laws were changed to make Vaping "regulated" a year ago and now nothing.

10-13-2016 06:48 AM

The cherry bomber! Love it and if u put a little rubber o-ring under your rda it won't shock u or auto fire. Mods blow up more than the n7 so guess we r safer with our n7's.
    10-13-2016 07:16 AM
    It's not just you - I thought the same thing - that the reports died down very quickly. I don't really buy that everyone has turned off their phones bit. If these forums are any indication, lots of people did not turn it off and are waiting for a bit. I actually think the general public probably has a less "turn-off" to "turn-on" ratio that the forum because if you can believe it, despite all the news EVERYWHERE - just about all my friends do NOT know that Samsung has halted production and are advising to turn off and return the phone. We on the forum are far more sensitive to the news on this than other people are and we'll notice the stories in the news a lot more than the average person. I'm actually explaining it to most of my friends and the most they know is that - oh, yes - there was a recall and they sent out good phones. So, I really don't think that many people have all of a sudden turned it off over the weekend.

That being said, I don't think it's a conspiracy. Maybe more irony and just how it's falling into place. Law of averages.
    Still using my original day 1 N7. No issues and the phone never gets warm even when charging. Interesting how Samsung can't replicate the issue...
    10-13-2016 07:51 AM
    It is odd to me that now there are no more note 7 fire issues reported from the note 7 ever since Samsung has discontinued the phone.
    Both my note 7 phones had 0 issues so it gets me wondering was this really sabotage ? Were there people who did this on purpose or caused it so that they can get into iPhone 7 ?
    Also the southwest guy wad subpoenaed to hand his burnt note 7 to cspc because he was not fully cooperating.
    Also the fact that Samsung can't replicate it also blows my mind, a huge company can't figure this out ? Weird... the whole thing is weird...
    Thoughts below. Thanks.
    When I first heard on the news about the Note7 exploding on a plane I went right to the internet. First thing that puzzles me is why are the owners not helping consumers by handing over the damaged phones. As with the case of the Southwest passager, he had to be forced by law to hand the phone over for testing. Also, another flag for me is were the phones being charged correctly? Before the Note7 event even happened, many online stores were already selling cases, fast chargers for wired, wireless, & your car. They all had The USB-C plug so you knew it was for the Note7. Many sites hinted the products was coming from China. You had to wait a little for delivery but the price was cheap, specially when you look at Samung's OEM Wireless Chargers. How did those companies know what the phone was going to be like when the Note7 Event didn't happen yet? The other thing that gets me this time is I still have not received official word by text or email saying I must turn my replacement Note7 stat. When the original one was recalled, I did get messages from both Samsung & AT&T. Also, when I check my IMEI online it says my new Note7 is safe. I never had any problems with the original phone & the replacement works great. I have 2 CPU temp apps that I run every so often & they both say the phone is running cool.
    People can call me stupid, careless or whatever for holding on to the phone but I bought the Note7 for a reason. There is not phone out there that is equal to it. Not even the Note5 because it does not have the latest features & specially the MicroSD card. I want to see what the findings are from investigation. Samsung is scared & I feel they jumped the gun in shutting down the Note7. Sadly there are people out there that will take advantage of situations to either get money or get out of contracts. Hmm, the iPhone 7 came out & the replacement Note7s started exploding. With the Note7 recall, iPhones will have a higher resell value for sure.

Things just don't add up for me right now
    10-13-2016 08:11 AM
    Still using my original day 1 N7. No issues and the phone never gets warm even when charging. Interesting how Samsung can't replicate the issue...
    So how's the battery life with it cut down to 60%?
    cold spring and vferrari like this.
    10-13-2016 08:33 AM
46 12