Why are there no more fire reports of note 7 since Samsung discontinued the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Because Trump vs Hillary.. and airplanes being crashed on purpose...

There are larger and more interesting stories to follow other than a CPSC investigation update on exploded N7s. Samsung stopped production - much more interesting stories to move on to...

Hey no one is forcing you here. A few of us are discussing a weird coincidence, not asking others
to agree.

Ultimately, not a big deal. But so what? It's an interesting topic for some of us.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I mean it just still amazes me how not 1 issue is found in the 1st batch or the 2nd... because if it was the battery we would be all set with our replacement so it's not that as many people have said in other threads. It's something else causing this so still I'm amazed at how Samsung has not found it or if they have they are embarrassed to say it , that also could be a factor...
Also last Tuesday before the southwest news I used my replacement Note 7 on a 6.5 hour flight with 0 issues... I even plugged it in a portable charger with original Samsung cord all while I was on a flight ( again this was before the southwest Airlines news that came the following morning ).. my phone had no issues so with my heavy use also I didn't have any problems so very amazed at how others did..
If any phone I thought would blow up it was my s6 edge that got so hot including charger.
It is what it is, I would love to see if cpsc finds anything from the phone they got off that southwest Airlines guy..
I exchanged for s7 edge to avoid the headaches.
Yes I know there are many topics to talk about but hey as a fan of the phone and dealing with 2 months of this I think it's fair discussion:)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been saying from the start.

I think maximum 2 to 3 devices must've burnt.

The rest was just propaganda against Samsung by media.

I saw BGR and The Verge reporting all of these stories first. Especially that "text message from Samsung" story. That story was when media hit rock bottom because there was no truth in that. How can a Samsung rep send such an important message with such bad English to the wrong person?

All these stories were hyped to reach one headline: the Note 7 is dead. And the media achieved that.

You can see how they still keep fixating on this word; dead.

Call me crazy but I don't believe all of these stories were true. The videos, the stories and everything else look fake to me.

And yes it is strange now that the phone has been recalled there are no more cases of burnt phones. Right before recall the number was escalating by the minutes.

Samsung didn't lost a production war. They lost the war of media.

warlocks_x

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Just adding my thoughts.... Note 7 is still running with me.. im not using it in public places but i cant give up like that but im not risking it by using in public places... and there are no issues with my phone..!! its all fine.. just saying.. Samsung gulf sold 19,000 Note 7 phones but non of em show up as a positive faulty.. not even before the recall... so yes there might be something going on.. but anyway its already too late for NOTE 7 lovers.. and SAMSUNG CANT MAKE THEIR PHONES TO CATCH FIRE as well... so there is something i guess...! anyway... its all about safety so no use.. but my note 7 is still functional...
Lets see.....

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just adding my thoughts.... Note 7 is still running with me.. im not using it in public places but i cant give up like that but im not risking it by using in public places... and there are no issues with my phone..!! its all fine.. just saying.. Samsung gulf sold 19,000 Note 7 phones but non of em show up as a positive faulty.. not even before the recall... so yes there might be something going on.. but anyway its already too late for NOTE 7 lovers.. and SAMSUNG CANT MAKE THEIR PHONES TO CATCH FIRE as well... so there is something i guess...! anyway... its all about safety so no use.. but my note 7 is still functional...
Lets see.....
With my luck I will have returned the best phone I could have and the cpsc will find no issue with the plane guys N7 except fraud. I mean it is strange. My Verizon store guys r still rocking theirs.

suhaima

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
i just feel so bad for the folks at samsung. i really hope the investors don't start pressurizing the company to press the red button (read downsizing). people have families to feed :(

i don't understand why the morons were so desperate to outdo Apple! they were good enough the way they were, but for some reason, they decided to step on the gas a bit too much. the pressure of expectations literally got to the device and it blew up!

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's funny, I made a thread with the same topic yesterday, and people told me to put on my foil hat, whatever that means, lol

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I saw BGR and The Verge reporting all of these stories first. Especially that "text message from Samsung" story. That story was when media hit rock bottom because there was no truth in that. How can a Samsung rep send such an important message with such bad English to the wrong person?

All these stories were hyped to reach one headline: the Note 7 is dead. And the media achieved that.

Call me crazy but I don't believe all of these stories were true. The videos, the stories and everything else look fake to me.

And yes it is strange now that the phone has been recalled there are no more cases of burnt phones. Right before recall the number was escalating by the minutes.

Excellent posts. Too bad there is a certain attitude against alternative views like this here.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

CPSC issues second Galaxy Note 7 recall — 23 new fires involving replacement Notes | Android Central

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
With my luck I will have returned the best phone I could have and the cpsc will find no issue with the plane guys N7 except fraud. I mean it is strange. My Verizon store guys r still rocking theirs.

Yep, if I was lucky enough to have had a Note 7 I would be so annoyed at myself if I'd turned mine in because I had listened to a bunch of media hyped up sensationalists on the Internet over my own intuition.

Think for yourself with your own mind and keep your Note 7 I say!

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I vape E-cigarettes using 18650 battery mods. These batteries are NOTORIOUS for exploding, yet they haven't been subject to a global recall. I can walk down the street vaping my notoriously explode-prone Vaping device and people don't run away screaming, I can enter public places and get on the bus and all is good.

My point is the media was all over these Vaping devices when the laws were changed to make Vaping "regulated" a year ago and now nothing.

Just saying. **** the media, think for yourself!

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. It's like these guys just couldn't wait to get rid of the Note 7. Samsung declares a temporary halt to sales and production, but every story spins it as a permanent halt and starts tolling the death knell. OK, I get it - it's a big story, and everyone wants to "scoop" the other media outlets and be the first to predict the demise of the Note 7. But it's irresponsible "yellow journalism" to state things as fact without any sort of official confirmation. I can't help but wonder if all the negative reports about the N7 may have actually contributed to its demise...

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Not going to lie, I too was wondering, or at least thinking about how for 3 days in a row, story after story came out about replacement devices still having the same issue. And then nothing. When people were at their busiest, first work day of the week, back after 3 days of nothing but reports of issue after issue, and no other cases reported or followed up on.

But then again it very well could have been that because of the 3 days in a row of reports, enough people heard the warnings, and statements from Samsung, and after 2 rounds of issues they knew another recall was coming, so they could have just jumped ship and cut their losses as well.

It's hard to say at this point what came first, the chicken or the egg.

Yes, there are still plenty of people using their devices that are not on here. I spoke with one guy yesterday that still had his original launch unit, at Best Buy, in the process of switching into his just received in the mail replacement unit from sprint. 2 full days after statements from Samsung. And the in store Samsung rep was confused because the on the phone Samsung CSR was telling the customer that the recall was only for originally issued devices and was still checking the IMEI against the website to say his phone was in the clear.

That just goes back to the point that while most of us know what's happening or has happened, there are still plenty others that don't know or are still using the device and yet there were still no new reports after the weekend.

There are so many ways to look at things to say it makes sense that collectively, none of it makes sense. The only thing that should make sense at this point is personal and public safety. I am still using mine, but only because I am trying to determine where I want to place my money since there is no other device I want to commit my time using for the two years. And forking out the cash now and then again in a year is, for me, more of a financial burden than it is a luxury for a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20