10-13-2016 08:33 AM
46 12
tools
    It is odd to me that now there are no more note 7 fire issues reported from the note 7 ever since Samsung has discontinued the phone.
    Both my note 7 phones had 0 issues so it gets me wondering was this really sabotage ? Were there people who did this on purpose or caused it so that they can get into iPhone 7 ?
    Also the southwest guy wad subpoenaed to hand his burnt note 7 to cspc because he was not fully cooperating.
    Also the fact that Samsung can't replicate it also blows my mind, a huge company can't figure this out ? Weird... the whole thing is weird...
    Thoughts below. Thanks.
    10-12-2016 08:08 PM
    Oh, so both your Note 7 phones had no issues?

I guess we're dealing with a conspiracy folks.
    10-12-2016 08:20 PM
    I knew that would happen. As soon as the weekend was over, not another fire case. And I know every Note user didn't power down their phone at the same time.

Interesting how that happens...lol
    10-12-2016 08:20 PM
    Well there is no money to be made now by anyone claiming that the Note 7 exploded. Because, if you still have a Note 7 the responsibility solely rest on the user's shoulders.
    10-12-2016 08:21 PM
    Akin yes both had no issues at all and we're behaving perfect.
    10-12-2016 08:21 PM
    That is a good point but the whole thing is strange.... especially that they can't replicate it being such a huge company.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:23 PM
    Whether sabotage or not, the Note 7 is gone. You're not the first to wonder about sabotage, and unless Samsung can/cannot prove otherwise, they're looking at it as a battery issue (or maybe a power distribution issue... who knows). Don't give engineering too much credit when searching for a ghost. It's never cut and dry and sometimes never that simple.

The fact that there's not that many reports now could be that many people are simply turning in the phone. But if you need a recent one, here's one that happened on Sunday in Hawaii. I posted this in another thread, but you must have not seen it.

Samsung investigating Honolulu incident involving replacement Galaxy Note 7 | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
    dsignori likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:23 PM
    Well if the reports were contained to the lawsuit happy United States, I'd agree and say something was amiss.

However, we had reports of malfunctioning units in Asia and Europe (I think).

Without making unnecessary assumptions, it's simply more likely that some phones legitimately had issues that were not caught by Samsung's QA.
    10-12-2016 08:25 PM
    A lot of Samsung Note 7 models had defects. Don't think it was sabotage, don't think it was people just trying to switch to another phone. Sure, you get the random few who try to make a spectacle out of nothing to try and get a few bucks... But I don't think that's representative of the sample of people who had issues with their Note 7 phones.
    10-12-2016 08:28 PM
    Uhh, is no one thinking about the obvious that people are actually turning off their phones and turning them in as requested. The number was really small to begin with. If a significant percentage of folks are complying with the stop use/return request, that could drive an already minuscule percentage close to zero actual occurrences.
    10-12-2016 08:31 PM
    Great points everyone, I just found it odd that's all but I won't be surprised it more cases happen as one article I read said that many fans were still holding on to their note 7.
    10-12-2016 08:33 PM
    It's not just you - I thought the same thing - that the reports died down very quickly. I don't really buy that everyone has turned off their phones bit. If these forums are any indication, lots of people did not turn it off and are waiting for a bit. I actually think the general public probably has a less "turn-off" to "turn-on" ratio that the forum because if you can believe it, despite all the news EVERYWHERE - just about all my friends do NOT know that Samsung has halted production and are advising to turn off and return the phone. We on the forum are far more sensitive to the news on this than other people are and we'll notice the stories in the news a lot more than the average person. I'm actually explaining it to most of my friends and the most they know is that - oh, yes - there was a recall and they sent out good phones. So, I really don't think that many people have all of a sudden turned it off over the weekend.

That being said, I don't think it's a conspiracy. Maybe more irony and just how it's falling into place. Law of averages.
    Bbarbie, 1213 1213 and VysheKryshi like this.
    10-12-2016 09:33 PM
    If these forums are any indication
    They're not. These forums are filled with fanatics. They are not representative of the general public.
    Carlo Villa and Aquila like this.
    10-12-2016 09:38 PM
    They're not. These forums are filled with fanatics. They are not representative of the general public.
    Taken out of context when I said that if it was, but then the general public would be less sensitive than the 'fanatics'.
    10-12-2016 09:41 PM
    I actually thought this too. Once Samsung killed it no more reports. I know damn well lots of people are still using it. My wife and I are still using our N7's. Replacements arrive tomorrow. And I still been leaving them on wireless chargers every night.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-12-2016 10:04 PM
    Just like last time. Once Samsung made an official statement the stories went away. I'm still using mine, so I'll keep you guys updated.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-12-2016 10:12 PM
    Like they say, denial is not just a river in Egypt. It will only be a matter of time before SW updates are issued that will essentially cripple the Note 7 beyond reasonable use such that there won't be much choice but to turn it in. Also, it amazes me that people can be so flippant about putting other people in danger. I get that people like to take chances with their own lives for convenience sake, compulsions, addictions, or because they are thrill seekers. For example, I am not for nanny state laws like soda bans and sugar taxes, or perhaps even seat belt or helmet laws, but the ready willingness to put other people at risk just shows how self-centered a society we have become. Or at least we don't take the time to think things through on how our actions can affect others (second hand smoke?)
    10-12-2016 10:21 PM
    I think the number of people that know about the Note 7 problem is larger than people think. Anyone remotely interested in the phone, whether for reviews, how to use it, finding tips, specs, etc, will do an internet search on it and cannot help but run into the massive amount of news on it. Just type "Note 7" into Google and nothing but fires/recall hits come up.
    10-12-2016 10:26 PM
    Just like last time. Once Samsung made an official statement the stories went away. I'm still using mine, so I'll keep you guys updated.
    The timing was weird. A bunch of phones went off in a cluster, and then Monday, nothing.

It probably doesn't mean anything, but that was strange.
    10-12-2016 10:31 PM
    Because Trump vs Hillary.. and airplanes being crashed on purpose...

There are larger and more interesting stories to follow other than a CPSC investigation update on exploded N7s. Samsung stopped production - much more interesting stories to move on to...
    10-12-2016 10:32 PM
    Because Trump vs Hillary.. and airplanes being crashed on purpose...

There are larger and more interesting stories to follow other than a CPSC investigation update on exploded N7s. Samsung stopped production - much more interesting stories to move on to...
    Hey no one is forcing you here. A few of us are discussing a weird coincidence, not asking others
    to agree.

Ultimately, not a big deal. But so what? It's an interesting topic for some of us.
    10-12-2016 10:35 PM
    I mean it just still amazes me how not 1 issue is found in the 1st batch or the 2nd... because if it was the battery we would be all set with our replacement so it's not that as many people have said in other threads. It's something else causing this so still I'm amazed at how Samsung has not found it or if they have they are embarrassed to say it , that also could be a factor...
    Also last Tuesday before the southwest news I used my replacement Note 7 on a 6.5 hour flight with 0 issues... I even plugged it in a portable charger with original Samsung cord all while I was on a flight ( again this was before the southwest Airlines news that came the following morning ).. my phone had no issues so with my heavy use also I didn't have any problems so very amazed at how others did..
    If any phone I thought would blow up it was my s6 edge that got so hot including charger.
    It is what it is, I would love to see if cpsc finds anything from the phone they got off that southwest Airlines guy..
    I exchanged for s7 edge to avoid the headaches.
    Yes I know there are many topics to talk about but hey as a fan of the phone and dealing with 2 months of this I think it's fair discussion
    10-12-2016 11:04 PM
    10-12-2016 11:57 PM
    Lithium battery swelling is not uncommon in cell phones or laptops, or any other device. Big difference than catching fire. Irresponsible media just wants to jump on anything.

https://www.google.com/search?q=batt...YGA0MQ_AUIBygC
    10-13-2016 01:55 AM
    I've been saying from the start.

I think maximum 2 to 3 devices must've burnt.

The rest was just propaganda against Samsung by media.

I saw BGR and The Verge reporting all of these stories first. Especially that "text message from Samsung" story. That story was when media hit rock bottom because there was no truth in that. How can a Samsung rep send such an important message with such bad English to the wrong person?

All these stories were hyped to reach one headline: the Note 7 is dead. And the media achieved that.

You can see how they still keep fixating on this word; dead.

Call me crazy but I don't believe all of these stories were true. The videos, the stories and everything else look fake to me.

And yes it is strange now that the phone has been recalled there are no more cases of burnt phones. Right before recall the number was escalating by the minutes.

Samsung didn't lost a production war. They lost the war of media.
    10-13-2016 02:30 AM
46 12