Edge 7 with Note 7 features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longhorngary

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Is there any kind of screen write functionality with the S7Edge?

One of the things I used the S-Pen the most for was screen capture and then making notes on it. Is there any similar type of functionality on the Edge even if you have to use your finger?

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there any kind of screen write functionality with the S7Edge?

I am sure there are apps at the play store for all that... (but I haven't really looked, I use a Note series, pre-7, phone).

Longhorngary

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I am sure there are apps at the play store for all that... (but I haven't really looked, I use a Note series, pre-7, phone).

Yeah I upgraded from a Note 4 and am afraid I will really miss that functionality.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Spen with s7 edge

I'm trying make the best of a bad situation here. I wonder, does anyone know for certain if the spen will work on a S7 edge? At least write on the S note app. I know there are after market spen launcher type apps in the play store because I tried them out with my Note 3 and Note 4. Wondering if I could buy a S7 edge, get a case that has a stylus holder for and continue to use it as a homemade Note 7.
I'm thinking it can but maybe if someone has a s7 edge handy they can try.

Anyone?

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Spen with s7 edge

I'm trying make the best of a bad situation here. I wonder, does anyone know for certain if the spen will work on a S7 edge? At least write on the S note app. I know there are after market spen launcher type apps in the play store because I tried them out with my Note 3 and Note 4. Wondering if I could buy a S7 edge, get a case that has a stylus holder for and continue to use it as a homemade Note 7.
I'm thinking it can but maybe if someone has a s7 edge handy they can try.

Anyone?
I'm pretty sure that the Note has a digitizer that allows the SPen to work. You can use a regular stylus on the s7 but not the SPen.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

I might not get to use the function of the spen, liked pressing the button to bring up there launcher, but the screen will register the touch of the spen same as a regular stylus wouldn't it?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Just got back from the store exchanging my N7 for an S7E.
The S Pen did not work as a stylus on the S7E, even to swipe screens or open an app. (I only tested on the Demo S7E, if that makes any difference...)

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I might not get to use the function of the spen, liked pressing the button to bring up there launcher, but the screen will register the touch of the spen same as a regular stylus wouldn't it?

Not unless Samsung makes a change to the Galaxy S line via a software update (which I don't know to be possible). As far as I know, the decision was intentional from Samsung that the S Pen would not work at all on the Galaxy S line of devices.

It's possible that Samsung would reconsider this due to the Note 7 reaching EOL earlier than expected, but I don't know if the existing Galaxy S line could be updated via software to allow the use of the S Pen.

Last edited:

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

The S Pen did not work as a stylus on the S7E, even to swipe screens or open an app. (I only tested on the Demo S7E, if that makes any difference...)

Thanks for trying. I guess I'll have to use a regular stylus

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

True^^^
I tried using the S-pen on the S7edge loaner and it didn't work at all. My finger nail worked but not the S-pen, SMDH

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried my s pen on a s6 edge and got nothing. I left mine at home when I did my swap anyway. Its mine darn it.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

it doesn't work with the S7E, but you can download S-Note from the galaxy app store and order a regular stylus from anywhere and it works. this is what i have done and i'm super happy.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

One of the things I used the S-Pen the most for was screen capture and then making notes on it. Is there any similar type of functionality on the Edge even if you have to use your finger?

no but the LG stylo 2 does have it.
specs are no where near the note 7 though. but its a good alternative until the note 8. thats what ima end up doing. returning this edge7 which im not liking (will post why in another place). Going to return it, cancel sprint and go prepaid with the stylo till a phone comes out that i feel is worth paying 800+ for.

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

The Note has always used a Wacom digitizer. The S Pen relies on Wacom tech for it to work.

Only the Note and some Samsung tablets that feature an S Pen have a Wacom digitizer. None of Samsung's other devices feature a Wacom digitizer.

The LG Stylo uses a conventional capacitive stylus but the Microsoft Surface also uses a Wacom digitizer.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for trying. I guess I'll have to use a regular stylus
When I had the s7edge for a short time, I was able to screen capture and go into edit mode (stock app) then write with my finger. There are pens you can purchase to use with the s7edge and other touch screen type phones. Most have a soft rounded tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.