Really sucks that I might be possibly handing this awesome phone back. I bought the Note 7 when it first came out. No problems on my 1st phone, then the recall came out. I then got me another Note 7 replacement phone, again no problems thankfully. My dilemma is should I trade it in for the S7 Edge or back to the Note 5? Would you consider this a down grade? I honestly don't see myself using any other phone than Samsung. I'm an Android lifer... Apart of me wants to keep the Note 7 only because now they discontinued it, I fell like this phone will be rare to have despite all the fiasco going on. Then again I pray that nothing bad will happen with my Note 7. Do you guys think it's possible to keep the Note 7 for as long until the S8 or maybe Note 8 comes out? When will they come out? I'm hoping the US carriers can work something out...
    From A Buick 8 and 4truegrit like this.
    10-14-2016 02:42 AM
    Don't hold on to it. Trade it in. Or return it. But don't keep it. It IS a great phone, but they'll make sure it's a pain to use if you keep it. Plus, it's guaranteed to have no more support for it: no more updates, no optimizations, no new apps. Nada.

If you like the S-Pen and you value it over waterproofing and SD card expansion, then go with the Note 5. If the latter features are more important and you won't miss the S-Pen, go with the S7 Edge. Yes, it'll be a downgrade in internal memory, but it's also a smaller price tag. The only thing you'll miss (like me) in either is the blue color.

AC has their own take on this, with some very convincing points on why returning it is the right thing to do.
    No seriously, return your Galaxy Note 7 | Android Central
    10-14-2016 04:15 AM
    Some carriers and retailers have a deadline for refunds and exchange. So a good idea to turn in your phone as fast as possible.
    10-14-2016 04:24 AM
    Really sucks that I might be possibly handing this awesome phone back. I bought the Note 7 when it first came out. No problems on my 1st phone, then the recall came out. I then got me another Note 7 replacement phone, again no problems thankfully. My dilemma is should I trade it in for the S7 Edge or back to the Note 5? Would you consider this a down grade? I honestly don't see myself using any other phone than Samsung. I'm an Android lifer... Apart of me wants to keep the Note 7 only because now they discontinued it, I fell like this phone will be rare to have despite all the fiasco going on. Then again I pray that nothing bad will happen with my Note 7. Do you guys think it's possible to keep the Note 7 for as long until the S8 or maybe Note 8 comes out? When will they come out? I'm hoping the US carriers can work something out...
    It's always better to return the phone. That way your safe. Even though there are chances that nothing might happen to the phone your having but still its a risk. Not all the note 7 are defective. But there is not way that you can make sure which ones are safe. Better not to take it my friend. Can go back to Note 5, still a great phone and all the S pen features.
    10-14-2016 04:49 AM
    This is the wrong site to ask that question. To me this is a personal decision. Way ur options and do what is best for u. At the end of the day, u will be forced somehow to return this device or it will become obsolete. Just look or choose a phone that u will be comfortable with for a good amount time. No one knows for sure when they will start pressing the brake paddles to kill the Note 7 and it might be sooner than later. Also we don't know when Samsung will be releasing their phone or even something that we will trust to pick up again. I have never had this much dilemma for a phone and I have so far looked at every single android phone out there. And there is always something missing. So i have sorta narrowed it down but still cant make the call yet. This is just to say, make ur own decision, look into various, phones, compare n contrast phones, ask questions about the phones u r interested in because u will be the one stuck with a phone that u hate n shelling out dollars for it. I'm one step away from downgrading back to my Note 5. Financially it doesnt even make sense but i'd rather pay extra for something that I like vs a phone that I hate.
    10-14-2016 05:39 AM
    Do what I did, I went back to the Note5 and love it again, I'll wait and see what Samsung puts out next year and get it but must have the stylus.
    Joachimi likes this.
    10-14-2016 08:26 AM
    Do what I did, I went back to the Note5 and love it again, I'll wait and see what Samsung puts out next year and get it but must have the stylus.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This...me too!
    10-14-2016 08:31 AM
    Is the Note 5 still available for purchase at AT&T stores? Samsung's website shows them in stock at stores in my area, but I haven't had the chance to head over to one yet.
    10-14-2016 08:33 AM