Even further damage to the Samsung Brand/Name?

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who agree's Samsung might go under concerning note 7?

Absolutely impossible. Mobile is a small portion of overall revenue. And even mobile won't go under.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who agree's Samsung might go under concerning note 7?

Not happening. They are one of the strongest brands in the world. 1 bad device won't change that

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Really bad position at the moment...they really need to pull a rabbit out the hat.

I really don't think they will. Samsung makes great products and I think they've handled the situation quite well. We had 3 Note 7's, so far we've gotten 3 tv's, $75 Best Buy credits and now Samsung is offering us $300 towards our bill.

I certain will buy another Samsung phone. Oddly enough as much of a Apple fan I am, I think Apple is too cocky to offer such concessions if they were in Samsung shoes.

Just my 2 cents!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
It looks like it's starting to happen... Samsung's name/brand is now broadly being questioned (or at least attached directly to extremely negative news...)..

I woke up to watch this story this morning:

https://gma.yahoo.com/video/airlines-add-tool-fight-overheating-093513493.html

When you have a news expose this morning starting out with the words:

"From those Samsung phones catching fire on planes..." - it's not good.

As many other news articles have pointed out recently in the past - there's a huge impact now to Samsung's name long term here.. Thoughts?

Samsung is world wide conglomerate - their current balance sheet has 95 billion in cash

They will weather this storm and then some

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung has built up an enormously valuable brand and this negative hit is obviously going to hurt badly. How badly is the question? The monetary costs have already been huge. Stock devaluation, costs to stop productions and recall, loss in brand value etc. Sadly I fear Samsung has left a giant opening for Apple and other competitors here. They have to move at top speed to resolve this issue and restore customer confidence. I an waiting to see how it goes.
I wish they would forget about the curved screens and lg would forget about any buttons on back of phones. Just make a good phone and forget the nonsense.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would forget about the curved screens and lg would forget about any buttons on back of phones. Just make a good phone and forget the nonsense.
One of my favorite things about the Note 7 was no side bezel. I don't really utilize the edge features. But the phone is sleek. Me likey

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has a lot of ego. Though I've been with them a long time, I'm tired of their poor customer support. Getting them to listen, and to a long term customer on Android since the beginning, Sammy doesn't give a darn. And frankly, I no longer care about them or their products! If they're not going to get off their soap box full of ego, I will be done with them.

They were forced into the TWO recalls due to poor design or QC. Had they not been FORCED, Sammy would have done nothing.

I've been around business a long time and Sammy is a company that needs to embrace HUMILITY. Unfortunately in their industry and neck of the woods, humility does not come easily. It reflects weakness. And that's what Sammy needs to embrace... they screwed up! Get humble Samsung!

Grow up Sammy! 😎
It seemed pretty humble when their CEO was bowing before a while lot of people apologizing and saying they had to do better :/ I think they realize what they need to do at this point. I know I will continue to buy their products.

amitgb

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
When Samsung comes out with S8 and S8 edge all will be forgotten providing that these offers a great deal in hardware specs and software. They need to ensure that product safety is priority cause if the S8 fails Samsung will fall really really fast and hard so the balls in their court. People who complain about what happen and threaten to move to another company will always go back to Samsung. Samsung like it or not always provide better hardware then other competitors such as camera, and design I don't see any other brand other than Apple that would be comparable personally.

True. But the thing is, people will not wait at least a month before they are sure that no battery issues is going to happen.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think they will. Samsung makes great products and I think they've handled the situation quite well. We had 3 Note 7's, so far we've gotten 3 tv's, $75 Best Buy credits and now Samsung is offering us $300 towards our bill.

Do you know what we got in Europe? Zilch. I waited an entire month for a replacement and then didn't even get notified that my order had been cancelled because Samsung has stopped making the phone.

And I'm not alone - most European customers were treated that way.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you know what we got in Europe? Zilch. I waited an entire month for a replacement and then didn't even get notified that my order had been cancelled because Samsung has stopped making the phone.

And I'm not alone - most European customers were treated that way.
Murica.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
And one thing is crystal clear: if the S8 isn't one high-performing, perfect powerhouse, it won't sell. And if the only flagship doesn't sell, then its over in the phone sector. I'm sure they'll somehow stick around selling feature phones and other entry-level devices.

The S8 will sell by the millions, and so will the next Note-type handset from Samsung.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It seemed pretty humble when their CEO was bowing before a while lot of people apologizing and saying they had to do better :/ I think they realize what they need to do at this point. I know I will continue to buy their products.

Probably me, too, if they have what I want (heh, heh---how much easier would all of this have been if they had removable batteries?), but as for humility (and as for those claiming the China battery is safe), well, that is sort of debatable. Here's a report of an attempted cover up...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/b...ote7-china-test.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Last edited:

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Highly doubt it. I think they are just trying to gain the remaining fame time and click bait time before it passes away and onto new things. I am sure media will turn into papp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez