I'll start this post by saying I was never a fan of Samsung Galaxy devices. Like many of you, the bloat and cheap feeling Hardware was a real turnoff. The s6, note 5, and s7 were enough to change my mind. I've purchased all 3 devices and happily recommended them to friends and family.

I currently own an allegedly safe note 7.. and its a great phone. Unfprtunately will be returning it for the second time soon. What worries me most is that Samsung has not disclosed what is actually wrong. We as costumers have no way of knowing if our heard earned money is being spent on a potentially dangerous device. If they cannot determine what's wrong, why do we have any reason for confidence in their products?

I wonder what other devices are effected? I went to staples today and saw this Galaxy Tab S2 on shelves...
    Attached Thumbnails More devices effected ?-423.jpg  
    10-14-2016 01:39 PM
    It didn't take that long after the release to figure out the Note 7 had a problem. I am not concerned about their other products. As far as the post-it note on the tablet, who knows who put it there? Could have been some dumb *** customer. If it was dangerous it wouldn't still be out there in display.
    10-14-2016 01:44 PM
    The case is actually opened too.. and the cable looks burnt
    Attached Thumbnails More devices effected ?-424.jpg  
    10-14-2016 01:49 PM
    It could just mean the battery reached the end of its usable life. It's actually not good for the device to be plugged in 100% of the time, as is often the case with display units.

Edit: Posted around the same time as the response with the picture from the lower angle showing the split case.
    10-14-2016 01:49 PM
    I'll start this post by saying I was never a fan of Samsung Galaxy devices. Like many of you, the bloat and cheap feeling Hardware was a real turnoff. The s6, note 5, and s7 were enough to change my mind. I've purchased all 3 devices and happily recommended them to friends and family.

I currently own an allegedly safe note 7.. and its a great phone. Unfprtunately will be returning it for the second time soon. What worries me most is that Samsung has not disclosed what is actually wrong. We as costumers have no way of knowing if our heard earned money is being spent on a potentially dangerous device. If they cannot determine what's wrong, why do we have any reason for confidence in their products?

I wonder what other devices are effected? I went to staples today and saw this Galaxy Tab S2 on shelves...
    Let's take worse case scenario and say all of their products are affected.

As a consumer just don't buy their products, and you've got nothing to worry about.
    10-14-2016 02:07 PM
    I think they're incentivized to fix the problem, and I'm sure they will.. but until then I will definitely be doing so.
    10-14-2016 02:10 PM
    I feel like that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'm not gonna throw my samsung convection oven/gas stove out over this, I feel (and maybe this is SO the wrong place to say this) it's just a phone, there are always newer and better phones coming out. Not buying ANYTHING samsung ever again seems a bit over kill. I don't think there has been a problem with the S7 and the Edge (as far as I know).
    ajb1965 and shaleem like this.
    10-14-2016 03:07 PM
    From what I can gather, Samsung cannot replicate the Note 7 problem in house or in the lab. They know people are waiting for the answer as to why their devices must be sent back for the 2nd time. Give them a bit to continue testing & see what comes of it.

That said, have not seen a systemic issue with the S7/S7E/S7A to date. Have a few had issues? Yes. But nothing similar to the N7.
    If you search around, other devices have had small issues as well. But Samsung is going to be top of the news each hour for awhile.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    10-14-2016 03:17 PM
    I feel like that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'm not gonna throw my samsung convection oven/gas stove out over this, I feel (and maybe this is SO the wrong place to say this) it's just a phone, there are always newer and better phones coming out. Not buying ANYTHING samsung ever again seems a bit over kill. I don't think there has been a problem with the S7 and the Edge (as far as I know).
    Oh I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. I just mean their mobile devices (cell/tablets etc). I have Samsung washer and dryer and TV's .. they're completely different divisions. No issues there.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    10-14-2016 04:23 PM
    Too tight of space for all those electronics is my guess. Its a random event when one finally ignites. Guessing 98% of the replacements never would but will never know now. Holding out 2 more weeks for a LG V20 reluctantly.
    10-14-2016 05:44 PM
    Except for their mysterious exploding washers. I'm not stirring the pot, but what do the washers and the phone have in common? Seemingly nothing, yet suddenly this is happening. Very strange. I'm keeping my N7 as long as I can until i hear live hands on reviews of the pixel and the v20.
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-14-2016 05:47 PM
    Well the washesr are not exploding, they are spinning out of balance and busting through the sidewalls of the washer.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-14-2016 05:55 PM
    Well the washesr are not exploding, they are spinning out of balance and busting through the sidewalls of the washer.
    Well that's an easy fix. Learn to load a washer.
    kadinldg, kabeeo, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    10-14-2016 06:52 PM
    Except for their mysterious exploding washers. I'm not stirring the pot, but what do the washers and the phone have in common? Seemingly nothing, yet suddenly this is happening. Very strange. I'm keeping my N7 as long as I can until i hear live hands on reviews of the pixel and the v20.
    The washer thing is not an epidemic.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-14-2016 07:01 PM
    Samsung also has crappy gps and radio signal's
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-14-2016 09:52 PM
    I can't believe anyone thinks there is a "safe note 7" people truly do not understand how modern devices work. Its not just a battery problem, its a motherboard problem. Also you cannot "turn off" modern devices. For a few years now phones, laptops and tablets all remain powerd even when off. All note 7 are affected if its design flaw, hence Samsung has recalled all devices and stopped making it too.
    10-15-2016 02:24 PM
    Well that's an easy fix. Learn to load a washer.
    It's the rods inside the washer, not how they are loaded. Seriously!
    10-15-2016 02:48 PM
    The 7 and 7E have been out for a while and no reports of problems
    10-15-2016 03:23 PM
    It's the rods inside the washer, not how they are loaded. Seriously!
    Oh well then. Yeah that is bad.
    10-15-2016 03:47 PM