10-15-2016 06:36 PM
83 1234
tools
    The DOT flight ban is the final coffin. And the fact that there will NOT be any updates in the future. Also, I've read somewhere that the carriers may block the IEMI number.
    I'm at a loss on what to get though. I love the camera on this thing so an S7 Edge will probably the best bet. However, the iPhone looks lovely too!
    10-14-2016 11:02 PM
    Just a little longer waiting for the LG V20 to hit in 2 weeks. Not going backwards or smaller with an S7. The Google Pixel looks too much like an Iphone on the front and no sd card so thats out.
    I said the same thing in the beginning about the Pixel XL, But with 128GB and unlimited storage I think that I will be alright without the MicroSd. I like the LG-V20 also. I will use a Stylus with what ever phone I get!
    10-14-2016 11:16 PM
    Most of those are worthless reasons.
    Not to me... They are deal breakers imo. Among a lot of other missing features. Customization is the worst. I cant do an iphone.
    10-14-2016 11:39 PM
    Well I guess I'll lose nothing because that's what I've paid.... The device shows on my account as paid in full....
    Everyone's does. They are asking for the phones back. They sent an email saying failure to return it will result in being billed.
    10-14-2016 11:40 PM
    Not to me... They are deal breakers imo. Among a lot of other missing features. Customization is the worst. I cant do an iphone.
    You may want to look at the ZTE axom 7. All the high spec for $400.
    10-14-2016 11:43 PM
    You may want to look at the ZTE axom 7. All the high spec for $400.
    I am going to the v20. I had a v10 and liked it. I am going to miss that s pen though.....
    10-14-2016 11:53 PM
    This was one case where I was glad that I didn't jump early, but now have to work out what I'll do before the next Note blows in...
    10-15-2016 01:49 AM
    I just checked Ebay and there a pages and pages of listings for the Note 7!!!!!! There are even bids. One stooge is asking $5000 so he can get a new phone and have money to buy a ring for his girlfriend. Unreal.

Edit. It was to pay off debt, not to buy a new phone!!!
    I really don't understand why anyone would want to keep these devices indefinitely or even paying these types of exorbitant prices for what will be very shortly a dead brick.

I certainly understand waiting a few weeks until the upcoming new phones come out later this month. But beyond that - what's the point?

It's now banned on all flights with extensive penalties (financial and judicial) if you're caught with one ...

To mitigate further lawsuits from this new ban - I'd expect we will see cell service blocked for all N7s in the very near future as well.
    ultravisitor likes this.
    10-15-2016 09:08 AM
    I really don't understand why anyone would want to keep these devices indefinitely or even paying these types of exorbitant prices for what will be very shortly a dead brick.

I certainly understand waiting a few weeks until the upcoming new phones come out later this month. But beyond that - what's the point?

It's now banned on all flights with extensive penalties (financial and judicial) if you're caught with one ...

To mitigate further lawsuits from this new ban - I'd expect we will see cell service blocked for all N7s in the very near future as well.
    All of the above, plus why would one want to put themselves and everybody around them at risk? A company doesn't volunteer to lose that much money "just because". Keeping it and using it just seems selfish and foolish to me.
    nj1266 and ultravisitor like this.
    10-15-2016 09:18 AM
    Come 12 Noon the DOT BANNED the Note 7 can't have it on an airplane don't be foolish sure it sucks but don't get your butt in a sling over a phone!!
    notacoach likes this.
    10-15-2016 09:30 AM
    I was like some at first because I just got it 2 Fridays ago. I was like no way am I getting rid off it. I never ever had a high end phone except for v10 and the Verizon update destroyed the battery life on that almost immediately after I got it last dec. So I was angry. I don't fly, But I'm realizing that is only the beginning. I think they will throttle the battery like they did overseas or eventually brick the phone. I'm going with a v20. After the missing some features on the v10 I'm actually excited to get the v20. I accept defeat and I'm gong to move on in a couple weeks. I won't miss the curved edges and glass back. Screen protector nightmare and overall to fragile if dropped. I will miss water proof and mostly that s pen. In the short time I have grown to love that. Ooh well......
    10-15-2016 09:48 AM
    The T-Mobile G1 is better than all the iPhones combined, squared. Even Windows phones are better than iPhones. If you want to keep your note 7,
    Take it apart and put in your own battery. Buy http:// https://www.amazon.com/Yosoo-1200mAh-Upgrade-Battery-Quadcopter/dp/B019F81PHE]these and put them in parallel, connected to your Note 7. You will have a 6000 mAh battery that won't explode!
    10-15-2016 09:53 AM
    Being on my own is the whole point. Deciding to keep the phone as long as I can is my decision.
    I guess you don't travel uh ? LMAO !!!
    10-15-2016 11:06 AM
    How is the signal on the Note 4? I'm talking to a guy who has one for sale on eBay. The funny thing is the guy lives in the same city as I do. Rather having it shipped I may meet in a public place to pick it up.
    On Verizon, better than the Note 7 by 8 to 10 dBm. Seems like not much, but is huge for threshold areas.
    10-15-2016 11:22 AM
    Most of those are worthless reasons.
    To you maybe, but not to others. Applying your standards on behalf of others?

The iPhone 7 signal reception BTW is even weaker than the Note 7, which is not that good. Verizon anyway.
    10-15-2016 11:25 AM
    I wish I had held out. Or traded in earlier to get a Note 5. I really don't like this S7edge I'm now using. I miss my s pen.
    Joeykool and marla523 like this.
    10-15-2016 11:27 AM
    I wish I had held out. Or traded in earlier to get a Note 5. I really don't like this S7edge I'm now using. I miss my s pen.
    The s pen is the only thing that really hurts losing. I love it. I'm using it to type this. 2 weeks until the v20.... then it's bye bye n7
    10-15-2016 12:07 PM
    Come 12 Noon the DOT BANNED the Note 7 can't have it on an airplane don't be foolish sure it sucks but don't get your butt in a sling over a phone!!
    Personally have always enjoyed having my butt in a sling but that's a different conversation.
    10-15-2016 02:03 PM
    Everyone's does. They are asking for the phones back. They sent an email saying failure to return it will result in being billed.
    not sure who "they" are,but i have not seen anything from verizon that says that.
    I guess you don't travel uh ? LMAO !!!
    no, i do not travel much, and if i do it is in my own car. if for some strange reason i need to fly i will take my old 5s
    10-15-2016 05:05 PM
    not sure who "they" are,but i have not seen anything from verizon that says that.

no, i do not travel much, and if i do it is in my own car. if for some strange reason i need to fly i will take my old 5s
    They are Verizon... They've made it known that as soon as you pick your new phone they are sending you a fireproof return kit for your Note 7. You're expected to return it, or you will be charged the full value of the phone.
    10-15-2016 05:31 PM
    Keep it, don't keep it..here is something to think about, there will be an end to this recall to get refunds, Samsung and carriers want to move on, you now have the opportunity to return for refund or different phone, that window will close. Those intrusive messages you are getting to tell you to return the phone, those are legal messages that are recorded that you got them, Samsung and carriers will not be responsible after the closing date, you will be as you're being notified and you're ignoring the warning and instructions. And most everyone I talk to think the note 7 will be turned off.

I loved they note 7 also, but the fat lady is signing.

Also, is this a government recall the second time. The government doesn't need to be involved in this one, your options are there. If anything the government needs to force the people to return the phone, not force Samsung to the them back, Samsung is trying to take them back.
    nj1266 likes this.
    10-15-2016 05:33 PM
    10-15-2016 05:34 PM
    Samsung is working with them, the government did not force the recall, Samsung is taking them back. As I said, if anything the government may need to get involved in forcing the people, not Samsung. That is where the shutting them off will come from. Maybe even a forced update disabling charging and Wi-Fi also, who knows.
    10-15-2016 05:40 PM
    They are Verizon... They've made it known that as soon as you pick your new phone they are sending you a fireproof return kit for your Note 7. You're expected to return it, or you will be charged the full value of the phone.
    If you get another device through Verizon, of course you're provided a return box for your N7. But, I have never come across a text or email stating if I don't return within a specified amount of time, I would be charged full price for it. The N7 is literally valued at zero right now, how could I be charged full price for it? If you found this information on the Verizon website, could you please provide a link?
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-15-2016 05:40 PM
    i have no plans to pick or request a replacement phone until the new S8 comes out.
    10-15-2016 05:44 PM
83 1234