Is anyone here planning on keeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdangcil

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
this phone until the bitter end? I really do not want to give it up. I'm not lying anywhere anytime soo.
Also, I hate to say this but I think the iPhone 7 is the only one that comes close to this flagship. The Pixel is not water resistant. Neither is the V20.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Just a little longer waiting for the LG V20 to hit in 2 weeks. Not going backwards or smaller with an S7. The Google Pixel looks too much like an Iphone on the front and no sd card so thats out.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Turned mine in to BB today and back to my Note 4. Reset the N4 to stock, updated to Marshmallow 6.01, reinstalled my apps and just got a new 6440mah extended battery. The device is fast and did not expect it. Have not used beyond VR for the past year and expected a big let down. Nope, seems just as fast in UI, plus LTE and wifi reception are both better than the Note 7. Especially LTE signal.

Another bonus is I prefer the Note 4 display. Looks great and flat, so no side distortion. Still surprised how folks like the Edge. It has twice the side distortion on the display.

Though half the internal storage space of the Note 7, the 256GB card works fine.

Part of my motivation for now is my flights in the next few weeks. I am betting the N7 gets banned beyond just shutting it off. Steps are also apparently in place to essentially kill as many of the devices in the next few months with a stealth update.

I am on Verizon, so not expecting a same time release for the V20. They have Pixels in their eyes right now.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine a little longer altho I did get a text today from verizon saying they were giving me my second warning to order a new one online and send back this one.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
this phone until the bitter end? I really do not want to give it up. I'm not lying anywhere anytime soo.
Also, I hate to say this but I think the iPhone 7 is the only one that comes close to this flagship. The Pixel is not water resistant. Neither is the V20.

The iPhone is really not the closest. You will lose 80% of the features you had with the N7.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I would happily keep mine. But the prospect of no support, annoying warnings, and no resale did it for me. I'm still rocking it for now though. I'm considering an Iphone just because I know ill get rid if it in a year of less, and they have awesome resale. Just don't know if I can make that transition back to Apple again. Their ecosystem is so annoying.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone is really not the closest. You will lose 80% of the features you had with the N7.

I just looked and played with an iPhone today... it is so stripped of features and customization....i could never own one. It was smooth as butter though

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I tried one and honestly didn't know how to use it. No back button? How does that work? Also, I was trying to change things and there were no options. I'm sure with time I could figure it out. I may even like it, but I'm not interested in trying.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

yes i am, i want to be the last person using theirs.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried one and honestly didn't know how to use it. No back button? How does that work? Also, I was trying to change things and there were no options. I'm sure with time I could figure it out. I may even like it, but I'm not interested in trying.

most places you would use the back button you just swipe the screen, for all others use the home button.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Got 2 nag messages today, one from Sprint and 1 from Samsung. I imagine they're going to be more frequent with each passing day, I'm just waiting for Tuesday and the Note 5 I bought on ebay will be here and I'll return this phone.

hacker79

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
no one knows the answer to that. for me on verizon they have refunded me all i paid allready. so i am keeping until they to charge me again. i am waiting on the s8

I'm sure I'll end up taking my note 7 back in the next few weeks. When I took my first note 7 back I had to wait about 3 hours because a bunch of other people were there doing the same thing. So I'll wait for things to die down a little. Also, I'm holding out hope Samsung will correctly identify the issue and I might some how get to keep it.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech