Any chance that this phone will be repaired and re-released.

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Greetings,

I am hoping that this phone will be re-released, is there any news on this? I have an LG V10, and went to get this phone, but it isn't sold any more by t-mobile. The pricing on the S7 and Edge is way to high for a phone that debuted in March. I have the jump on demand program and I had to get a phone because my LG V10 is starting to have problems. I do not like the Pixel or V20, so I purchased the iPhone 7 plus, as it was the only phone I liked that t-mobile carries. Please tell me that Samsung will not give up on this product.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Greetings,

I am hoping that this phone will be re-released, is there any news on this? I have an LG V10, and went to get this phone, but it isn't sold any more by t-mobile. The pricing on the S7 and Edge is way to high for a phone that debuted in March. I have the jump on demand program and I had to get a phone because my LG V10 is starting to have problems. I do not like the Pixel or V20, so I purchased the iPhone 7 plus, as it was the only phone I liked that t-mobile carries. Please tell me that Samsung will not give up on this product.

the note 7 is done, and maybe even the note series is done.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
No it's over......
3cdc78fb855974db87f7d10ab6bc9ff5.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If the Note series is done, will they simply give it another name and still have the Spen, or will it be totally scrapped and just have the S line now?

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Wouldn't it be better to find the problem, solve it, and re-release instead of scrapping all of that inventory, it was the best phone on the market with regard to the specs. No way I am paying 789.00 for the Edge 7 released in March. Also, the V10 was a nice phone but did not hold up well, not sure about the V20, but after owning the LG G2, G3, and V10 in consecutive order, I am done with LG, but they were good phones up until the V10 being buggy. Don't like the Pixel, not sure why. This phone being gone leaves a huge hole in the Android market.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
If the Note series is done, will they simply give it another name and still have the Spen, or will it be totally scrapped and just have the S line now?

I'm really hoping they give the S8 edge a s-pen. But one can hope and dream. But I'm thinking 5 months is not enough time for them to develop a S8 with a s-pen. But hey you never know.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No. Not chance for the note 7 to return. The flight ban completely changes the dynamic to much worse on a Spinal Tap 11 scale.

This is huge and more billions gone.

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
117 phones out of 2 million plus sales is a higher number that it should be no doubt, but....

Samsung should have fixed the phone and taken their time in doing so, the mistake was the "hotfix" that didn't identify the root cause. I think considering the specs and features the Note 7 was the best phone, I would trade my iPhone 7 plus for a new Note 7 straight up, I would take a chance if it was still being sold as new.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I was at the tmobile store and I noticed the price on the note 5, $729. 00- 789.00, I can't remember the exact price?..seemed very high! ..

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't it be better to find the problem, solve it, and re-release instead of scrapping all of that inventory, it was the best phone on the market with regard to the specs. No way I am paying 789.00 for the Edge 7 released in March. Also, the V10 was a nice phone but did not hold up well, not sure about the V20, but after owning the LG G2, G3, and V10 in consecutive order, I am done with LG, but they were good phones up until the V10 being buggy. Don't like the Pixel, not sure why. This phone being gone leaves a huge hole in the Android market.

No. There's no way they can salvage this devices reputation. If they identified the issue, they would disassemble millions of devices and try to resell them. They would build a new device and probably rebrand it. I wouldn't doubt that some of the components that could be salvaged could be used in future devices. But there's no chance this device makes a come back.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The Note 7 is never ever ever ever, like ever coming back, like ever. On a serious note, Samsung did confirmed that they will be recycling all the Note 7's they have. I don't know if that includes unopened boxes because it seems like a waste to me to not reuse some parts not to mention what it will do to the environment.

Anyway, for those who can get a good deal on the Note 5, go for it! I still have my Note 5 and love it. I also have the S7E and recommend it too. I love them both. I have not lost faith in Samsung. They will make a major come back. It doesn't look that way now because all we hear is bad news. But once we start hearing leaks about the next S8 it will get us excited again. As for the Note 8,.Samsung should keep the name but take their time in building it this time around.
IMO, changing the name isn't going to change what happened. People will still be reminded by the annoying media that will say "oh this is the new N8, you remember the explosive Note 7?“. Whatever name Samsung goes with, it will always stick.
Many manufacturers just change the letter of their phone and it doesn't make a difference
Sony changed from Z series to X series and they're not selling well. Motorola did the opposite and changed from X series to Z series and the Moto Z series is not selling well in Canada. I think it's doing well with Verizon but that's about it.

Sorry for the long rant. I think Samsung should continue with their S series and Note series. Those are the series I always buy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca