02-05-2017 10:15 PM
554 12345 ...
tools
    23mp cam and 8mp, 6gb ram, 64gb memory, sd card slot,820 snap dragon processor and alot more man this thing loaded, works on all except verizon, sprint,virgin mobile
    If this worked on Verizon, I would be tempted with the 256GB model. That and my 256GB card- dang

Were it not for Marshmallow making the Note 4 seem like a new device, I would be with one option viable for me: The V20.
    10-15-2016 07:16 AM
    Note 5 isn't sold in Europe, so there's literally no device with a stylus :-( Pixel XL would be my choice, but it's not available in Switzerland, either. Apparently the tax breaks we've been giving Google for their European HQ in Zurich weren't enough. So it's the 7 Plus now although I hate iOS. Simply don't have an alternative. The V20 isn't sold in Europe, either. Right now I'm typing this on my wife's S7E and find it impossible to hold without constantly touching the edges of the screen :-/
    10-15-2016 07:25 AM
    Whenever I return this phone (it's hard to let go) I'll go back to my note 5- I think the Note line is (was?) really the best all around phone, at least for my needs. Also ordered the Pixel XL to give it a shot... I've already surrendered myself to Skynet- I mean Google. Plus the swiping up and down reminds me of the Palm Pre and Webos
    ihbsbA likes this.
    10-15-2016 07:32 AM
    I went with the S7E mainly due to the camera, AMOLED screen and expandable storage. Couldn't go to the V20 due to the LCD screen, decreased battery life and just blah design. Note5 was a no go this time because it feels like a step backwards in camera and can't go back to 32gb with no expandable storage. Pixel XL not an option either as I'm on T-mobile JOD and it's not available through them. I would rather stay on JOD to have the freedom to go to the S8 when it comes out.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-15-2016 07:45 AM
    I went with the S7 edge. I still have my note 5, but I somehow ran out of space . I wanted to utilize my SD card.
    Same here. I barely had anything on it and was getting low storage alerts all the time. No thanks.
    10-15-2016 07:47 AM
    23mp cam and 8mp, 6gb ram, 64gb memory, sd card slot,820 snap dragon processor and alot more man this thing loaded, works on all except verizon, sprint,virgin mobile
    Don't go by just specs. Read some reviews. One I read stated heavy UI (Android barely recognizable), sub par battery life and underwhelming camera.
    There are lots of options out there. Just research thoroughly through several reviews first.
    badMojo69 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    10-15-2016 07:54 AM
    Whenever I return this phone (it's hard to let go) I'll go back to my note 5- I think the Note line is (was?) really the best all around phone, at least for my needs. Also ordered the Pixel XL to give it a shot... I've already surrendered myself to Skynet- I mean Google. Plus the swiping up and down reminds me of the Palm Pre and Webos
    My intent as well to keep for a while, but the absolute ban for flights killed it for me- multiple flights within the next 30 days.
    aspenedelen likes this.
    10-15-2016 08:13 AM
    10-15-2016 08:25 AM
    I'm getting it too as my back up phone....after that I don't want to hear about phone problems until wateva the Note 8 is gonna be called. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. They also have an Asus Zenfone Deluxe Ultra....but screen is too big.
    10-15-2016 08:27 AM
    The Asus would be very tempting- wish they made a version that works with Verizon.
    10-15-2016 08:36 AM
    Have you tried turning the Edge screens off? I'm alternating between going with the S7 Edge & the LG 20. I loved my Note 4, but it was stolen 3 weeks before the preorder of the 7. I wouldn't have upgraded had it not been stolen, but after a couple of weeks, I loved my Note 7. I'm reluctantly returning it today.

My only problem with the 4 was that two weeks after the warranty expired, the phone started acting crazy (powering down at 30 or 40℅). Replaced it with a new battery & it was like brand new. Some people are saying that they're always near a power source so they aren't concerned with the lack of a removable battery, but I'm more worried about the battery failing.

During the interim I went back to my iPhone 4s. I hated it, so no iPhone for me.
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    10-15-2016 08:38 AM
    Note 5....got the stylus back but I miss Everything else!
    What is missing besides the SD card and the curved edges and iris?
    10-15-2016 08:42 AM
    Right now my old note4 att unlocked now with t mobile.will be returning note7 very reluctantly love that phone.ultimately may go for v20 or wait for note8.
    10-15-2016 08:53 AM
    Short term, back to rockin' my Note 3 after getting a new battery for it. Long term, iPhone 7+ 128GB Matte Black. I absolutely loved my Note 7 as well as my Note 5 (which my wife now has). I really like and prefer Android as well as it's superior to IOS in many regards, but I'm going to take a year off. There just wasn't another flagship Android device I wanted.

I don't like the way the S7 Edge holds in hand, too much curve for me. I also travel and don't want the stigma of a Samsung device. I can imagine there will be flight crews just telling people to "turn off your Samsung phone" even though the N7 has been banned on flights. These crews don't care and don't have time to deal with crap like this. Also, I don't need the hassle either and don't need ignorant people looking at my phone thinking any Samsung device is going to "blow up" (e.g. Note 5 or S7 Edge).

iPhone 7+ is 3-4 week back-order and got an iWatch Series 2 to go along with it. Hopefully I can get the phone locally before then, but worst case I'll just use the Note 3 and continue to keep it as a spare device. I'll definitely watch what Samsung has for 2017 in regards to the Note series or whatever it evolves into along with what Google does with Android wear. This time next year or early 2018 I'll probably be back!

Good luck with whatever you chose!
    10-15-2016 09:14 AM
    Yeah not digging the htc 10
    10-15-2016 09:31 AM
    That phone was out in August i believe in other countries youtube videos for reviews
    10-15-2016 09:32 AM
    Lol dont work on verizon sprint but all others yes
    10-15-2016 09:33 AM
    For 500 cant beat it til the note 8 comes back, and i dont wanna be locked in a phone with att for a yr then something bad az comes out before that, that i really want ill be hurt lol
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-15-2016 09:36 AM
    I have jumped around a lot. The Note 7 was the perfect Android phone (at least for me) and as a gadget person, I've felt a little lost lol. I've done S7, iPhone 7 Plus, and tried a Moto Z Play. The hubs is sticking with the iPhone 7 Plus. I really really wanted to like the 7 Plus. I just can't. I can't. It's a quality device, I just really love Android. The Z Play is outstanding for the price, but I just wanted something a little....I don't know.......nicer. I have circled back around to the S7 and I think that's where I'm going to stick and then do the S8 in the spring.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    10-15-2016 09:40 AM
    How is the camera and battery life on the Priv compared to the Samsung?
    Thanks
    10-15-2016 09:49 AM
    How is the camera and battery life on the Priv compared to the Samsung?
    Thanks
    Versus the note?

Camera's not as good, but decent. Can't remember about battery.
    10-15-2016 09:52 AM
    Yes Note, Thanks
    Versus the note?

Camera's not as good, but decent. Can't remember about battery.
    10-15-2016 09:58 AM
    I'm using my Nextbit Robin right now. My Note is sitting powered off until I can make the hour drive to a TMo to return it. I also bought a black S7 Edge from swappa. Unfortunately the S7 Edge had some kind of display issue. The seller offered me a gold one, but I said no way. I could get that from TMo. Supposedly they're getting more black ones on Monday. If they don't I'm just gonna get a refund on the swappa Edge, and it's back to my indecision.
    10-15-2016 10:08 AM
    Ordered the pixel xl 128gb from Verizon. Shipping Oct 20th. Good battery life, amoled screen, Android optimized performance plus the new toy feeling.
    10-15-2016 10:52 AM
    What is missing besides the SD card and the curved edges and iris?
    The handwriting panel is different. Note 7 has the original Note handwriting panel with line wrap. Note 5 has the single line panel. I posted a question about this in case there's some setting I've missed.

The camera and screen are not as good. When I got my 7, a colleague with a 5 held the two up side by side and looked at the images (camera on). Then he took exactly the same picture, one camera in each hand. The quality of both the preview and the photo was significantly better on the 7.

Handling. 7 is smoother to the stylus.

Always-on screen. Again, maybe I can't find it on the 5, but (I can't find it).

I don't know about the battery life. I've only had the 5 for about 18 hours.

Color. The coral blue on the 7 is gorgeous. (OK, small complaint.)

BTW I upgraded from my Note 2 to the Note 7, so this is my first experience of the 5. And yes, I am going to get the 8 when it comes out.
    10-15-2016 11:03 AM
554 12345 ...