02-05-2017 10:15 PM
554 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Note 4 here. I have me eye on a good one on eBay and kinda cheap. Had one last year. So I'll try again. This should hold me over til at least March. Don't want to turn it in but have to. On a good note my bill will be cheaper by $32 a month.
    10-15-2016 10:09 PM
    eBay Note 5 64GB in white came in.

still using Note 7 tho. Waterproof and massive storage with 256GB Samsung card.
    10-15-2016 10:20 PM
    Yup. Gotta have a samsung.
    You do not have to have a Samsung device.....Any Android phone that meets the system requirements will work...
    10-15-2016 10:49 PM
    You do not have to have a Samsung device.....Any Android phone that meets the system requirements will work...
    No it won't. Not since lollipop. Even if you install the software which is risky because you don't know if it has been altered the watch is not recognized. You cannot actually connect watch to phone.
    10-15-2016 10:53 PM
    Coral Blue S7 Edge, when it hits the market. Hopefully Verizon does not drag their feet.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:54 PM
    No it won't. Not since lollipop. Even if you install the software which is risky because you don't know if it has been altered the watch is not recognized. You cannot actually connect watch to phone.
    10-15-2016 10:54 PM
    I've read threads about it in G4,and V10. Just doesn't work. And where do you get official software. They used to have it in XDA but I don't like to download software from anywhere but the playstore. You never know what could be tagged onto it.

Maybe the problem is Samsung has stopped writing new software to go with new versions of Android. Do you really think they have software for a 3 year old gear 2 written to work with Nougat?

Anyway from what I have read here it doesn't work even though it should

10-15-2016 10:57 PM
    My intent as well to keep for a while, but the absolute ban for flights killed it for me- multiple flights within the next 30 days.
    I'm headed to Taipei, Bali, Sydney, LAX and Portland next month so keeping the N7 isn't a option anymore
    10-15-2016 11:10 PM
    I used my gear s2 classic on a moto z droid force. worked great just have to download the samsung gear app from the play store and pair the watch via bluetooth
    I have a gear 2 not gear s 2 and gear manager not in playstore from lg phone. I chatted with samsung rep who confirmed it is not compatible. I have read threads where people tried it and it is non compatible.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    10-15-2016 11:39 PM
    Went from black Note 7 to silver S7e on VZW. Still have my note 4, but i don't want to stop using Samsung Pay. Edge won't be here til the 20th at the earliest.

Really liked that I got to pay for the replacement after paying full retail for the N7. Oh, they'll refund it when they get the N7 back. Any bets on how long that's gonna take?

Plus, the new phone HAD to be on a payment plan. I couldn't buy it outright, even though I asked to. CSR said I could pay it off any time. Asked him 'how about now?'. He didn't think that was funny.

I guess they couldn't just exchange straight up and trust me to return it - paying @150 a month to them for 15 years, and $865 up front for the N7 makes Schlubbe a flight risk, or something - like I'm planning to skip town with this sweet, lesser phone that I never wanted in the first place, and I'm gonna keep the Explodaphone too. Curse you, VZW - you saw through my evil plan!

That's how us hard Schlubbes roll.

I'll keep watching what happens on this site - since I reportedly have til December 31st to return the N7 for a full refund, I figure I'll power it down and hang on to it for the time being. Let's see if they figure out what the actual problem was, or if they decide there wasn't really a problem at all.

Sure would like to stay in the N7 camp, but don't want to be left holding the bag if it does have a melt down. As others have mentioned, your insurance WILL NOT cover you if the rapid thermal disintegration of your recalled phone incurs damage or liability.

Ain't nobody got time for that
    10-15-2016 11:46 PM
    Axon 7 for the win, why isn't anyone else going to this gem? 375 got me a competitive 2016 flagship to tide me over until a worthwhile new note comes out.
    10-16-2016 02:25 AM
    I would purchase this phone also. It would be the best phone to take the place of my Note 7!
    tadpoles and badMojo69 like this.
    10-16-2016 04:10 AM
    I've ordered a Note 5 64GB and when it arrives I'll hand in my Note 7 for a refund. The $600NZD difference will go towards what ever Samsung brings out next year to replace the Note.
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-16-2016 05:08 AM
    I ordered the Pixel XL, but may consider the G7E as BB is offering a free 32 inch tv to switch in my store.
    10-16-2016 06:49 AM
    I have the Pixel XL on order but I'm thinking of canceling it, returning the N7 and firing up my Note 4. If I do a hard reset on it, it might get a bit better and tide me over. I'm so conflicted! 😕
    10-16-2016 07:43 AM
    Thought long and hard about going with the S7 Edge, but decided to go with the Note 5.
    souffoue likes this.
    10-16-2016 09:07 AM
    not sure what to tell you... all as i can say is i used it on my moto z and it worked flawlessly
    10-16-2016 09:43 AM
    Still have my replacement Note 7 and waiting until the V20 hits the market to make a decision. Wanna get my hands on it first. Our carrier is T-Mobile and went to the local store (Oklahoma) yesterday and they said they would have it in on the 28th. Would have stayed with Samsung…..just burned out on the continuous setting up a new phone every month.
    10-16-2016 09:54 AM
    I'd love the S7Edge, but tmobile isn't showing it available in black. I hate silver and briefly had a gold one. Way too shiny
    10-16-2016 10:03 AM
    I went with S7 Edge though I was this close to getting a moto z force, in the end I really didn't want to go through and reset up everything again and Samsung other then this note 7 issue has been solid for me. If HTC made a 5.5 phone I might switch otherwise sticking with Samsung.
    10-16-2016 10:55 AM
    I'd love the S7Edge, but tmobile isn't showing it available in black. I hate silver and briefly had a gold one. Way too shiny
    TMobile doesn't sell it in black you have to get it unlocked.
    Samsung Galaxy S7, 32GB, (Unlocked), Black Onyx Phones - SM-G930UZKAXAA | Samsung US
    10-16-2016 10:56 AM
    I went with the S7Edge Black Onyx. I am really enjoying it so far & i am glad they kind of already updated always on display a couple days ago. I really wanted to try the Pixel XL tho before committing but since its a VZW exclusive & i am on AT&T .....I don't want to give out $900 for the Pixel xl with the s8 on the horizon.
    10-16-2016 11:27 AM
    Went from black Note 7 to silver S7e on VZW. Still have my note 4, but i don't want to stop using Samsung Pay. Edge won't be here til the 20th at the earliest.

Really liked that I got to pay for the replacement after paying full retail for the N7. Oh, they'll refund it when they get the N7 back. Any bets on how long that's gonna take?

Plus, the new phone HAD to be on a payment plan. I couldn't buy it outright, even though I asked to. CSR said I could pay it off any time. Asked him 'how about now?'. He didn't think that was funny.

I guess they couldn't just exchange straight up and trust me to return it - paying @150 a month to them for 15 years, and $865 up front for the N7 makes Schlubbe a flight risk, or something - like I'm planning to skip town with this sweet, lesser phone that I never wanted in the first place, and I'm gonna keep the Explodaphone too. Curse you, VZW - you saw through my evil plan!

That's how us hard Schlubbes roll.

I'll keep watching what happens on this site - since I reportedly have til December 31st to return the N7 for a full refund, I figure I'll power it down and hang on to it for the time being. Let's see if they figure out what the actual problem was, or if they decide there wasn't really a problem at all.

Sure would like to stay in the N7 camp, but don't want to be left holding the bag if it does have a melt down. As others have mentioned, your insurance WILL NOT cover you if the rapid thermal disintegration of your recalled phone incurs damage or liability.

Ain't nobody got time for that
    I have tmobile and they did the same thing. Made me pay for my replacement S7 edge too and said I would get the full refund. Took 2 weeks for the warehouse to get it and refund tax and I'm told it will be up to 8 weeks before i see all my cash!! I don't understand why they didn't just do even exchange and refund us the difference. This is why I'm NEVER ordering again. I will only buy in store for now on. Pre ordering was a PITA ordeal.
    10-16-2016 11:36 AM
    S8 on the horizon? That's not until Spring!!! I think the Pixel XL is the better bet.
    10-16-2016 11:37 AM
    I wanted the note 5 but I felt like the price was just a bit too high for a phone that's a year old. It was hard to locate one too, plus the incentives and promos we got from sticking with samsung was crazy. 3 32in tv's, 75 in best buy credits and 300 credit on our bill.
    10-16-2016 12:15 PM
554 ... 45678 ...